Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

On 10/23/2020 at 9:29 PM, Helobious said:

Driving around stone oak tonight, saw a black BMW with a license plate that said “850 FICO”. Probably the douchiest thing I’ve ever seen. 

Know the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

A porcupine has pricks on the outside.

• Like 1

everyone has the dreams where they try to run but are frustratingly handicapped, like running in quick sand

well recently ive been getting dreams where im throwing a football and instead of a tight spiral it just flops 10 yards ahead.... like garrett gilbert

4 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Fuck this world and everything in it.  I'm tired, tired of hurting and tired of seeing the things I see. There, how's that for random?

Tough times don't last but tough people do.  Life has more to endure than enjoy.

Words of wisdom from my dad.  Hang in there Bro.

5 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Fuck this world and everything in it.  I'm tired, tired of hurting and tired of seeing the things I see. There, how's that for random?

I hear ya, brother. I've got no "look on the bright side" bullshit in me. People suck and are capable of infinite evil. I'll be at the bar.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, 52-80 said:

I really like the literary practice of writing numerals in parentheses just in case people might be confused over the ambiguity of the word seven (7).

It's not ambiguous.  In fact, it would make a great name for a newborn.  

Also, why don't people say the word "zero" anymore.  They say "O", as in the letter.  0 is pronounced "Zero."  Our nation apparently has enough time to start every sentence with "Yeah, so..." and pepper the word "like" in 16 times/minute (average American has been timed).  But we can't be bothered to say the extra syllable in "Zero"?  

I do that because numbers are often what business guys look for, many questions that are easy answers are numbers - how much do I owe, when is payment due, how many days to cure. Writing out the number is less prone to error and numbers are super easy to fuck up so I use the parenthetical more like wayfinding signs as anything else. Old habits die hard I guess.

16 hours ago, troph said:

I do that because numbers are often what business guys look for, many questions that are easy answers are numbers - how much do I owe, when is payment due, how many days to cure. Writing out the number is less prone to error and numbers are super easy to fuck up so I use the parenthetical more like wayfinding signs as anything else. Old habits die hard I guess.

Lots easier to read through a legal description of real estate too. 

21 hours ago, elfenix said:

lawyers love to do this and the explanation doesn't make any sense. 

I do it once in a while to emphasize a point... as in...“Mack Brown was head football coach at Texas for 16 years and only won the conference title two (2) times!”

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 hours ago, troph said:

Then just write fucking 7 then.  Business guys don't write 7 (seven) to placate the lawyer folks

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Then just write fucking 7 then.  Business guys don't write 7 (seven) to placate the lawyer folks

I explained.  because 7 is too easy to fuck up with an 8 or a 6.  typing out the word usually ensures less likelihood of an error.  not too interested in a malpractice suit because I had a fat finger moment.  same with the commas and periods in those numbers.

i have been posting on Longhorn fan forums since they were called 'bulletin boards'...austin360 to big 12 warzone to hornfans to the original shaggy...i was at the 1996 big12 CCG, i go to games, i talk smack, several somebodys (wtf is the plural there) on this site have helped me out personally in a time of need...

it amuses me that probably 85% of posters have no clue i'm a middle-aged white, married, upper-middle-class female. 😄

i mean, look at my avatar. 

there is some truth to my 'demo' being invisible😎 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, mchookem said:

i have been posting on Longhorn fan forums since they were called 'bulletin boards'...austin360 to big 12 warzone to hornfans to the original shaggy...i was at the 1996 big12 CCG, i go to games, i talk smack, several somebodys (wtf is the plural there) on this site have helped me out personally in a time of need...

it amuses me that probably 85% of posters have no clue i'm a middle-aged white, married, upper-middle-class female. 😄

How YOU doin'? 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, mchookem said:

You made a post (probably some time within the last 6 weeks if I had to guess), where you mentioned or referenced being a woman, and I thought to myself how interesting it was that I had never known that before. 

• Like 1

I explained.  because 7 is too easy to fuck up with an 8 or a 6.  typing out the word usually ensures less likelihood of an error.  not too interested in a malpractice suit because I had a fat finger moment.  same with the commas and periods in those numbers.
When anybody uses punctuation on a keyboard they literally look every time to see if it correct on any document. You type the key 7, the start using the shift key numerous times without seeing to previously hit the 6 or 8 key? How is that possible?

Cramps are the worst?  Bullshit.  Dry socket where both lower wisdom teeth were laughs at your cramps.  Or a nice abscess in your ear about an inch into your head.  The pain from the abscess hit all at once, like someone stabbed me in the jaw.  Both the dry sockets and the abscess had me on the ground, begging someone to shoot me.  Thank goodness no one liked me enough to do it.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Try passing a kidney stone while suffering from shingles

I told you once, I told you a thousand times.  Hydrate between banging elderly sluts.  

On 10/28/2020 at 2:32 AM, SHOOTER12 said:

Trying, really don't care anymore

Focus on the things you can control, about which I say "Control is an illusion,"  but yeah, fretting over all of the minutiae will drive us crazy.

19 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Try passing a kidney stone while suffering from shingles

Not wanting to neg, but the middle finger rep is truly appropriate in this case...