Bourbon

Jimbaround

9 hours ago, huge said:

OF 1910 is like ETL on steroids.

93 proof and drinks like 80.

Very good character but almost no bite.

You proof hounds might be disappointed.

I think it’s excellent for what they were trying to achieve.

Think I’ll have another.

Elmer T Lee on estrogen, right?  Nothing wrong with lower proof but that’s a weird comparison.  

steroids was the wrong word

I think its very good but not at all punchy.

Someone else needs to try it and help me elaborate.  I think its excellent.

Also I had been drinking Pumpkinator all night so my palate might have been blown.

Edited by huge
booze, sue me

13 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Old Scout Single Barrel 12 Year this weekend. A "West Virginia" bourbon for the WVU game. 

I'm pretty excited about this one. I had to beg for a bottle after I missed an offering over Christmas. I've been sitting on this one for about 11 months. 

Old Scout single barrel is fantastic. I’ve only had the 11 year but damn. 

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Old Scout single barrel is fantastic. I’ve only had the 11 year but damn. 

Yeah I don't know where my guy gets it from. He got a 11 year Belle Meade Single Barrel which I didn't know existed. I thought it just went up to 10 years. 

I was listening to the podcast Chill Filtered, and they referenced a Michter's 16. I assume they discontinued this product to save the good juice for the 20 and 25 year super rare bottles, but has anybody ever tried it? 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Old Scout Single Barrel 12 Year this weekend. A "West Virginia" bourbon for the WVU game. 

I'm pretty excited about this one. I had to beg for a bottle after I missed an offering over Christmas. I've been sitting on this one for about 11 months. 

I’m popping one of these after we win.2ns1k4j.jpg

• Like 2

Made myself a flight board to hold the glencairn glasses   Only took me about 10 hours because I’m the slowest wood/metal worker of all time.  Top is 3/16 steel cut and die ground to hold the glass bases perfectly.  The wood base is granadillo with leather straps to lift held with brass Chicago screws   

imgur

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
22 minutes ago, thestud said:
It’s more than you can afford. Now get the fuck out of here you fucking shitstain.

Do you need some pussy? A Friday night and you are lashing out on a message board. Hit me up if you do. I got plenty.

DUpQ.gif

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, thestud said:

Definitely not. I’ll be a pal and send you $120 and you can go ahead and send it my way. Chalk it up as a lesson learned

Damn that’s mighty fine of you. I’m glad I asked before I opened it and ended up disappointed. 

On 10/31/2018 at 4:25 PM, Chewbacca said:

Isn't that stuff all 2 years old?  That's why I don't buy Colorado whiskeys.  They don't age long enough to mellow out.  Has High West cracked the quick aging code?

Have you tried this stuff yet? (I know that it's a Rye, but it's got a much spicier taste than most ryes.) It's a really nice sippin' whiskey.

Dp0vhWvU8AA_GsE.jpg:large

I tried it at BOTTLE SHOP 33 ($69) on Old South Gaylord Street, but it is ~$54 at the new Total Wines & More on the NW corner of Evans & Colorado.

Edited by Napoleon

Have you tried this stuff yet? (I know that it's a Rye, but it's got a much spicier taste than most ryes.) It's a really nice sippin' whiskey.

I tried it at BOTTLE SHOP 33 ($69) on Old South Gaylord Street, but it is ~$54 at the new Total Wines & More on the NW corner of Evans & Colorado.
That's the other problem i have with co whiskeys. Expensive for what they are.

10 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
On 11/3/2018 at 4:27 AM, Napoleon said:

Read more  

That's the other problem i have with co whiskeys. Expensive for what they are.

Not the Garrison Bros debate all over again ;)

Ok, so I had the new Forester Birthday Bourbon and the 1920 last night. They were both solid, but the Birthday is a standout... smooth as silk and bold while not remotely overpowering. Imagine if you combined the softer qualities of Basil with the robust flavor of Weller 12. A damn fine bottle to be sure!

In other news, I recently discovered one hell of a liquor store here in MD, and it’s come fully equipped with a number of methods to help forget last night’s abortion of a football game. The 1910 is where I’ll begin...

e4325cd87620db00adc670cd3466ec8d.jpga31add1ccab786ab2cda4eeb5a0c7ff6.jpg

33 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Ok, so I had the new Forester Birthday Bourbon and the 1920 last night. They were both solid, but the Birthday is a standout... smooth as silk and bold while not remotely overpowering. Imagine if you combined the softer qualities of Basil with the robust flavor of Weller 12. A damn fine bottle to be sure!

In other news, I recently discovered one hell of a liquor store here in MD, and it’s come fully equipped with a number of methods to help forget last night’s abortion of a football game. The 1910 is where I’ll begin...

That Belle Mead cask strength on the bottom shelf is calling your name.  Go back and get it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Party_Taco said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the 1910 is sold out in Houston. You have to give the Brown-Forman folks credit, they know how to market the heck out of their products. I'd beg for a sample, and if it's good go ahead and buy them out. 

What kind of Michter is that in the upper left hand corner?

I'd grab a bottle of IW Harper 15 if it's around retail, $63. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the 1910 is sold out in Houston. You have to give the Brown-Forman folks credit, they know how to market the heck out of their products. I'd beg for a sample, and if it's good go ahead and buy them out. 
What kind of Michter is that in the upper left hand corner?
I'd grab a bottle of IW Harper 15 if it's around retail, $63. 

Small Batch 1753 - US-1 on the Michters... hadn’t seen that bottle before either.

https://modernthirst.com/2014/03/03/bourbon-review-michters-small-batch-us1/

8 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Grab the Bookers in that pic.  Looks like it's Kentucky Chew.  Great bottle.

Local Total Wine got cases of that in....haven't opened one yet.

Those yellow labels in the middle are what excites me...God awfully expensive out here.