Cuomo

Incredulity

16 hours ago, aggie08 said:

What a stupid fucking dipshit. Y'all impeached a President over a consensual blowjob and currently have a member of Congress who chased down school shooting survivors to accuse them of being actors.

of course stupid fucking aggy.  he ain't resigning.  he doesn't need to.  he just needs the news to move to something else for a while, so MSM can provide him cover.

and of course you miss the mark on your excuses.  is that what CNN told you?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

32 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

of course stupid fucking aggy.  he ain't resigning.  he doesn't need to.  he just needs the news to move to something else for a while, so MSM can provide him cover.

He will be out by the end of the month.

Your hero Trump is a literal rapist. Fuck off.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

Name all the pubs that have resigned from their allegations? I’ll wait. Name all the pubs that have called for resignation from their colleagues after allegations? I’ll wait. 

Seriously you’re an incredible fucking moron. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, dcar00 said:

You are breathtakingly stupid.  Just stop.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Dcar I am not certain why you picked this fight, but it would be in your own best interests to just refrain from posting again in this thread. It is one thing to not like Cuomo (Everyone here wants him gone including those of us who live in New York), but when you go down that partisan road it makes you look like a child. I am not sure if you’ve been schooled on the finer points of conversing with your fellow human beings, but throwing out a bomb like that is counterproductive and should be beneath anyone with even a modicum of understanding how this will end up. It also looks silly to say what you did considering who the last president was. Do better.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Be honest; who here was a (CRINGE) cuomosexual?

What are we to make of the “Cuomosexual” phenomenon—of the fact that, just a year ago, much of blue-state America was lusting after Governor Andrew Cuomo, who has since been accused of sexual harassment by at least eleven women? The erotic interest was documented in a Jezebel article—“Help, I Think I’m in Love with Andrew Cuomo???”—written during the early days of the covid-19 pandemic, as President Trump was telling the nation’s governors to find their own respirators and ventilators, and an anxious city was finding solace in Cuomo’s daily press briefings. The term “Cuomosexual” was popularized in a song called “Andy,” by the comedian Randy Rainbow, set to the tune of “Sandy,” from the musical “Grease”: “Oh Andy, baby / you’re so strong and rational / from now on I / identify / as Cuomosexual.” (Rainbow’s video has been viewed more than two million times on YouTube.)

The Governor presented himself as an alternative to Trump, and New Yorkers embraced the comparison, swooning over Cuomo’s Queens accent and his tough-guy schtick. (“Forget bodyguards,” he said, of Trump. “He’d better have an army if he thinks he’s going to walk down the street in New York.”) We basked in his awkward displays of affection (looking into a camera and telling New Yorkers, “I miss you. I love you. I’m thinking about you”), smiled at his onscreen banter with his brother Chris Cuomo, the muscle-bound CNN anchor, and giggled at his dad jokes about serving spaghetti and meatballs to his adult daughters and a boyfriend. Celebrities such as Ellen DeGeneres and Trevor Noah announced their Cuomosexuality. The New York fashion brand Lingua Franca produced a four-hundred-dollar sweater with “cuomosexual” embroidered on the front, while other venders slapped the slogan on cocktails, underwear, and baby tees.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

Penny, I understand. But show your contrition. Eh, just read the article: 

Some Cuomosexuals have responded with contrition. “I regret ever saying I was a Cuomosexual,” one man tweeted. Randy Rainbow deleted his tweet with the “Andy” video. For many of us, reading the A.G.’s report, and listening to the Governor’s cynical denials, spurs a kind of embarrassed clarity, similar to the feeling one experiences after running into an old ex. How could we have witnessed these same qualities—in Cuomo’s case, the narcissism, the bullying, the hackneyed paternalism—and found them attractive?

In search of an answer, I contacted Virginia Goldner, a psychoanalyst who has written about sexual harassment (see: “Pleasure Can Hurt: The Erotic Politics of Sexual Coercion,” published last year, in an issue of Psychoanalytic Dialogues). Goldner, a clinical professor at N.Y.U., co-founded an academic journal called Studies in Gender and Sexuality, and appears on the Showtime series “Couples Therapy.” She had some reassuring words for any Cuomosexuals who are in a shame spiral right now. The Governor was up to something in those press conferences. “He was radiating an erotized masculinity that has within it hostility and a little tenderness,” she said. “That combination of soft and hard—mostly hard, but also soft—is what so many women crave in some way,” she said. She called it the “retrosexual part of us”—the part that was raised with the image of a “big, square” daddy/lover figure, even if we’ve never actually had one. She noted that a lot of gay men respond to the fantasy, too: “That’s a figure that could easily be hot to a man.”

Goldner went on to untangle some of the more baffling behavior in the A.G.’s report. Why would an eligible bachelor, who could presumably date any woman he wanted, choose to kiss, grope, and flirt with office underlings against their will? Why would a skilled politician risk it all to stroke the stomach of a state trooper, or to make lewd comments (“Gentle but accurate, I’ve heard that before”) to a doctor who was giving him a covid swab? Was he actually trying to seduce these women? Probably not, Goldner said. “Sexual harassment is not so much about sexual satisfaction. That’s not necessarily its goal.” Instead, it’s a kind of “sadomasochistic flirtation.” The harasser enjoys creating sexual tension in the workplace, but what he really likes is the psychological torment. The harassed subordinates are forced to live in a state of fear and confusion, wondering if today will be the day the boss crosses the line again. “They’re likely always thinking about him, worrying about him, and it’s ruining their lives,” Goldner said. “On the other hand, he might have no memory of these incidents. He gets an impulse, he tortures somebody—startles them, shames them, whatever sadistic game he’s playing that day—and then he goes back to running the state.” She quoted Henry Kissinger, noting that power is an aphrodisiac. That’s true, but it’s really “the sensation of power relative to powerlessness,” she said—power over someone else.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

19 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Dcar I am not certain why you picked this fight, but it would be in your own best interests to just refrain from posting again in this thread. It is one thing to not like Cuomo (Everyone here wants him gone including those of us who live in New York), but when you go down that partisan road it makes you look like a child. I am not sure if you’ve been schooled on the finer points of conversing with your fellow human beings, but throwing out a bomb like that is counterproductive and should be beneath anyone with even a modicum of understanding how this will end up. It also looks silly to say what you did considering who the last president was. Do better.

the aggy was the child.

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the aggy was the child.

You know very well this is what children do. They accept no blame for anything and put it on others. You’re an adult. If you want others to not ridicule you it’s a good idea to admit when you are wrong and move forward. 

2 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

You know very well this is what children do. They accept no blame for anything and put it on others. You’re an adult. If you want others to not ridicule you it’s a good idea to admit when you are wrong and move forward. 

why don't you read my post and the supposed "adult" responses? you are an adult  go ahead and post them.  he's not resigning and he doesn't have to because cover will be provided.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

why don't you read my post and the supposed "adult" responses? you are an adult  go ahead and post them.  he's not resigning and he doesn't have to because cover will be provided.

It’s been addressed already in this thread why you were being a hypocrite and why you were called to the carpet. The obstinance you are displaying is not helping your case. I think you are so hardwired to never admit you are wrong, especially about politics, that you will just keep going with this and tell everyone else they misspoke. Life is too short to have the attitude you have towards conversations like this. 

32 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the aggy was the child.

Pointing out such blatant, laughable, idiotic hypocrisy isn't childish. It's a public service to point and laugh at disinformation trolls.

Al Franken resigned for an extremely poor attempt at humor. Katie Hill resigned because she fucked a staffer. Cuomo has the entire party calling for his resignation.

There is literally nothing that Greene or Gohmert or Gaetz or any member of the Trump family could do--short of criminal sentencing--that would result in them being forced to leave the party. The shittier they are, the more Democrats justifiably want them gone, the more the GOP rallies and galvanizes around them. It is truly pathetic.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

oh, go grab someone by the pussy you fucking trump voter. You won't find anybody in this thread that thinks that cuomo should stay in office, and to be (Al) frank(en), the dems have a track record of pressuring and not providing cover for people who fuck up. Compared to say, defending and justifying banging a whore while your wife is pregnant with your child.

3 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

It’s been addressed already in this thread why you were being a hypocrite and why you were called to the carpet. The obstinance you are displaying is not helping your case. I think you are so hardwired to never admit you are wrong, especially about politics, that you will just keep going with this and tell everyone else they misspoke. Life is too short to have the attitude you have towards conversations like this. 

so now but Trump is OK?

• Fuck You 3

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Pointing out such blatant, laughable, idiotic hypocrisy isn't childish. It's a public service to point and laugh at disinformation trolls.

Al Franken resigned for an extremely poor attempt at humor. Katie Hill resigned because she fucked a staffer. Cuomo has the entire party calling for his resignation.

There's is literally nothing that Greene or Gohmert or Gaetz or any member of the Trump family could do--short of criminal sentencing--that would result in them being forced to leave the party. The shittier they are, the more Democrats justifiably want them gone, the more the GOP rallies and galvanizes around them. It is truly pathetic.

Franken's was more than one poor attempt at humor.  Yeah Hill got caught in MeToo.  the staffer was 22.  Have Greene and Gohmert been accused of something sexual in nature?  I know Gaetz has and he denied.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Franken's was more than one poor attempt at humor.  Yeah Hill got caught in MeToo.  the staffer was 22.  Have Greene and Gohmert been accused of something sexual in nature?  I know Gaetz has and he denied.

If you don't think that accosting school shooting survivors is immeasurably worse than two consenting adults getting it on, then I don't know what to tell you, man.

48 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Good god dude are you really this unable to use your fucking brain

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

If you don't think that accosting school shooting survivors is immeasurably worse than two consenting adults getting it on, then I don't know what to tell you, man.

Hey all you have to do deny it and dcarr gives you a pass! 

28 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Gaetz fucked a child and you’re providing him cover. Your party attempted to put a different child molester in the senate also. You elected a literally rapist president. You’re a disingenuous fucking moron. 

Also still waiting on all the pubs that have been pushed to resign by their own party for sexual impropriety. Do you think Clarence Thomas should resign? Why doesn’t your party? How about Kav? 

Edited by hobbes2702

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He’s resigning! 

Well damn.   The way he started off sounded like he was going to try and ride it out.   I had to mute the TV and was working on something, looked up and saw the chryon that he's resigning.  

Hobida shibida.

On 8/8/2021 at 11:45 AM, dcar00 said:

Hochul was a battleground representative (NY-26) and has been LG since 2015.  First female governor of New York.  

The hidden benefit of this:  Cuomo's presidential aspirations are done and tanked.  No offense to New York, but no more NYers as president for a while. 

Edit: Funny enough, she won that NY-26 seat when the Republican resigned in 2011 because he sent shirtless photos of himself to a woman he met on Craigslist.  Looks like she knows how to reassure voters she's not a fucking creepy dude. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Hochul was a battleground representative (NY-26) and has been LG since 2015.  First female governor of New York.  

The hidden benefit of this:  Cuomo's presidential aspirations are done and tanked.  No offense to New York, but no more NYers as president for a while. 

giphy.gif

On 8/8/2021 at 12:51 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

He will be out by the end of the month.  week.

I thought the Dems would have to force him out and that it would take that long too.  Maybe they still did, behind the scenes.

Edited by slorch

Just now, slorch said:

I thought the Dems would have to force him out and that it would take that long too.

Don't project the Republicans' lack of standards or accountability on the Dem party that pushed out both a Senator and a Rep in the last few years for scandals. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Don't project the Republicans' lack of standards or accountability on the Dem party that pushed out both a Senator and a Rep in the last few years for scandals. 

Don't worry, they will continue to do so.  dcar will come back with some sort of "well color me surprised" or whatever, and then he will feign amnesia the next time something like this happens and continue to claim that Democrats are ACTUALLY the party without accountability.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And yet Gaetz won't resign because "he denied it!" 

Roy Moore didn't resign either and was damn near elected senator. The State of Alabama was within a few votes of seriously electing a known pedophile to the U.S. Senate. But yeah, it's the dems, lol. 

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It was more a shot at Cuomo's indifference/ stubbornness.

I didn't think it would happen this quickly.  Is that an unfair opinion?  Obviously others on "your side" felt the same way.

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I agree with you.

I don't understand those who ever thought that the Dem party had a choice; they've been boxed into having to push out folks for certain flavors of scandals. If they didn't, yet still campaigned upon and build their identity around certain social movements, then they would cease to exist as a legitimate voice. Republicans have no such hypocritical concerns-- it's a feature and not a bug of their platform. It's a liquid, T1000 political body versus the Arnold Terminator.

Cuomo being gone though, I don't think any stakeholders-- New Yorkers, Democrats, etc.-- will shed a tear. Next man up.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 6

4 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I agree with you.

I don't understand those who ever thought that the Dem party had a choice; they've been boxed into having to push out folks for certain flavors of scandals. If they didn't, yet still campaigned upon and build their identity around certain social movements, then they would cease to exist as a legitimate voice. Republicans have no such hypocritical concerns-- it's a feature and not a bug of their platform. It's a liquid, T1000 political body versus the Arnold Terminator.

Cuomo being gone though, I don't think any stakeholders-- New Yorkers, Democrats, etc.-- will shed a tear. Next man up.

Yes, the current Republican party's virtuous stance of having no moral compass governing its own but a laser focus on the conduct of others is--not hypocritical.

• Hook 'Em 5