2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 hours ago, Scraps said:

Yeah corners were $288 after fees.  

The secondary market right now is absurd.  I see fools trying to sell those shitty $288 seats for like $1000 each on facebook 

I made some money selling extras on line. The giveaway on Surly at actual prices tickets are selling for ended up costing $5800 for the playoffs if the series goes 7. Ticket market was shit for Chicago, robust for Boston and awesome for the World Series. Can’t imagine if it would have been LA and we’d have come back up 2-0 or tied 1-1. 
way better than the market for the Nationals. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

With Machete behind the plate, I’m not worried about the Braves getting a SB and I think our guys stand pat until game 4 so Grienke can give America a free taco 

This might be true regardless, but if we win the WS I think Machete elevates into that super elite tier of all-time beloved Houston sports role players.  

So for anyone still looking- section 424, row 6- 2 seats for $420 from Astros. Looked it up on stub hub and it was 396. With fees you would save about 35 going with Astros dot com right now. I wouldn’t buy those. Let it keep getting closer to game time imo. You should be able to get the upper deck seats I sold for $550 yesterday for less than $300. Then you will, of course, pay fees. 
my bet is there’s a better entry point to market ahead of us. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I don’t know why but I’m always way calmer going into the World Series than I am with the ALDS or ALCS. 

Me too. I posted about that after Friday. Regardless of what happens this team has proved blah blah blah. And it’s true. 
feel the same way about losing in the final 4 as well. I mean, you never want to lose but it just stings less than if you were to lose one round earlier. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Me too. I posted about that after Friday. Regardless of what happens this team has proved blah blah blah. And it’s true. 
feel the same way about losing in the final 4 as well. I mean, you never want to lose but it just stings less than if you were to lose one round earlier. 

I am confused about this. We are winning. 

I haven't watched this in its entirety in a long time and forgot how badass Correa was in this interview. Everyone remembers the facts or shut the fuck up line, but his detailed breakdown of the World Series and evisceration of Cody Bellinger just makes me want to run through another wall for him. 

Let's get CC another WS title.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Club seats are down to just under $700, they were over a $1,000 when tickets went on sale.  That's where I would look.  The short lines for drinks and food are worth it.

Followed my tried and true strategy by waiting and just picked up 2 in my preferred section in the club -- right by a men's room and a bar for quick beer and piss breaks -- for $600/ea. More than I paid for games in 2019, but still within the budget.

• Hook 'Em 1

Followed my tried and true strategy by waiting and just picked up 2 in my preferred section in the club -- right by a men's room and a bar for quick beer and piss breaks -- for $600/ea. More than I paid for games in 2019, but still within the budget.

What did you use to purchase tickets? I typically just purchase from the Astros website, but not seeing anything available there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Nah  disagree with you there, he's been a dissenting voice for a long time against the Dodgers and Yankee fans who cry about the 2017 Astros.

That's all well and good, but if he's saying we don't have a Game 3 starter, did he miss Garcia's last outing when he dragged his nuts across the Red Sox?

We don't have a big name starter like Morton or Fried, it's true, but it's also true that out team ERA was slightly better than Atlanta's.  And our pitching was just as hot as our hitting in the last three games against Boston.

Just now, TexArcher said:

That's all well and good, but if he's saying we don't have a Game 3 starter, did he miss Garcia's last outing when he dragged his nuts across the Red Sox?

We don't have a big name starter like Morton or Fried, it's true, but it's also true that out team ERA was slightly better than Atlanta's.  And our pitching was just as hot as our hitting in the last three games against Boston.

Copy that, but he sings the Astros praises consistently and calls bullshit on anyone who tries to minimize the team's accomplishments.  I think he's just caught up in his constant jocking of the Dodgers as team to beat so he's naturally sticking with the team that actually beat them as his WS pick. 

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

You have to counter balance that with the fact that Injuries and Dave Roberts did the Braves a lot of favors.

Absolutely, plus he's ignored the truth that the White Sox were a better offensive team than the Braves and right there with them pitching-wise but the Astros beat them so handily that the White Sox have been discredited as a strong opponent. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

‘05 stung.  ‘19 really freaking stung.  
‘19 definitely stung more than ‘18.  

While I am definitely “happy to be here”, I have confidence and expectations for this team.  

I was wary of the Nats in ‘19.  They just seemed to have the October magic from the Wild Card on.  

I was hopeful in ‘17, but not confident. 

But this year… I just have a good feeling about this year.