2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Some Boston fans are pulling for us. Yankee fans wanted us to beat the Red Sox because reasons.

Now Joez McFly wants the NL to win because Trashtros hate lol.  All that hate's gunna burn you up son.

And judging by that rusty pole in his apt, I bet Joez has wild parties.  Love it.  Ain't gonna lie.  I lived in

a similar apt in Queens for a few years.  Then the same shit hole in Weehawhen.  Had to on the come up.

Do it for the H.

Edited by Shaggy3.0

31 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Some Boston fans are pulling for us. Yankee fans wanted us to beat the Red Sox because reasons.

Now Joez McFly wants the NL to win because Trashtros hate lol.  All that hate's gunna burn you up son.

And judging by that rusty pole in his apt, I bet Joez has wild parties.  Love it.  Ain't gonna lie.  I lived in

a similar apt in Queens for a few years.  Then the same shit hole in Weehawhen.  Had to on the come up.

Do it for the H.

Weehawken?  You were lucky to make it out alive. 

back to this play, correa had no choice after they touched first, he can't just stand / stay on first ?
Yeah, I think that was a mistake there. The force out for tagging the bag is the batter running to first. They can't force an out at second any longer, so staying on any base is safe. Him pulling the first baseman back by jumping towards right field gave Jordan enough time to get home safe. That throw home was maybe a half second late, otherwise it's a triple play.

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:
12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

back to this play, correa had no choice after they touched first, he can't just stand / stay on first ?

Yeah, I think that was a mistake there. The force out for tagging the bag is the batter running to first. They can't force an out at second any longer, so staying on any base is safe. Him pulling the first baseman back by jumping towards right field gave Jordan enough time to get home safe. That throw home was maybe a half second late, otherwise it's a triple play.

I’m thankful that Schwarber is as bad defensively at 1B as Gary Sanchez is at C.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m thankful that Schwarber is as bad defensively at 1B as Gary Sanchez is at C.

yeah they made it seem like it was some heads-up play by schwarber but whatever. when you catch a ball like that, the rule is to tag everything (runners, bases) before throwing, which is what he did.

no idea what the ump signaled but cc got confused, he should’ve stayed on the bag. 

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

yeah they made it seem like it was some heads-up play by schwarber but whatever. when you catch a ball like that, the rule is to tag everything (runners, bases) before throwing, which is what he did.

no idea what the ump signaled but cc got confused, he should’ve stayed on the bag. 

Correa thought Schwarber caught the ball, and when he realized that it was a short hop he panicked. When Schwarber tagged the base 1st, Correa would have been safe had he not left the bag. Turns out it didn't matter, because Tucker put it away in the 8th.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Correa thought Schwarber caught the ball, and when he realized that it was a short hop he panicked. When Schwarber tagged the base 1st, Correa would have been safe had he not left the bag. Turns out it didn't matter, because Tucker put it away in the 8th.

yes that’s exactly what i said. 

But if Schwarber had tagged Correa first, even if Correa was still standing on the base, and then Schwarber stepped on the base, it's still a double play.  While the force is still on, you can be tagged out even if you haven't left the base you're being forced from.

Edited by WBT

But if Schwarber had tagged Correa first, even if Correa was still standing on the base, and then Schwarber stepped on the base, it's still a double play.  While the force is still on, you can be tagged out even if you haven't left the base you're being forced from.
That's what he should have done, but he tagged the base first. Either way, he should have worried about protecting home plate as his first priority. It was an error on his part, but that doesn't show up on the board.

20 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

Fuck Atlanta 
Fuck Delta Airlines
Fuck The Tomahawk Chop
Fuck the Confederacy
Fuck Usher
Fuck the Atlantic Ocean 
Fuck Herschel Walker
Fuck CNN
Fuck the SEC
Fuck Dirty Birds
Fuck King George 
Fuck ATL
Fuck 1992 Jerry Glanville
Fuck Atlanta 
Fuck Charlie Daniels
Fuck Ludacris
Fuck Fiddles 
Fuck the lost city of Atlantis
Fuck TLC
Fuck Coca-Cola
Fuck Vince Dooley
Fuck Designing Women
Fuck Delta Burke
Fuck Bulldogs encroaching on Longhorns before bowl games
Fuck Bobby Cox
Fuck Ted Turner
Fuck Superstations 
Fuck Jane Fonda
Fuck Jeff Foxworthy
Fuck Rednecks 
Fuck John Smoltz
Fuck Alan Jackson
Fuck the Chattahoochee River 
Fuck Stone Mountain
Fuck Javi Lopez 
Fuck The Masters
Fuck Home Depot
Fuck Jimmy Carter 
Fuck Tyler Perry 
Fuck Atlanta rap
Fuck Greg Maddox 
Fuck the Fox Theatre 
Fuck Dale Murphy
Fuck TNT
Fuck TBS
Fuck UGA
Fuck Prime Time
Fuck Peaches 
Fuck the Civil War 
Fuck Georgia Tech
Fuck Outkast
Fuck Avery
Fuck Chipper Jones 
Fuck the 1996 Olympics

Fuck Richard Jewell

49 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

what are your methods for this, as I would love to do that.

I have AT&T Fiber, Roku and of course mlb66.ir.   

I also have MLB.com subscription for free through T-Mobile.

Is it as simple as getting iHeartRadio app on tv or computer?

2 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

For half of this season, the Toronto Blue Jays didn’t have a dedicated radio broadcast team, opting instead for a simulcast aired on both TV and radio

. I feared some team would try that and I am glad it failed for the Jays. 

2 hours ago, Pablo said:

what are your methods for this, as I would love to do that.

I have AT&T Fiber, Roku and of course mlb66.ir.   

I also have MLB.com subscription for free through T-Mobile.

Is it as simple as getting iHeartRadio app on tv or computer?

If you can record both broadcasts it's a snap -- you might get lucky and they will be in sync, but most likely not. Find the one that's running ahead and pause it for the few seconds it takes for the other to catch up and you should be set for the rest of the game.