2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

47 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

We won our World Series without home field.
We lost to the Nats up 3-2 with home field. It don’t make a shit. Just find a way to win 4 more fucking games this year.

We lost to the Nats because we tightened up and failed to win either of our first 2 games at home. 

We got the Braves!!!! Home field advantage. Fuck the front running Braves fans who’d pack the Dome to see them play against the Astros back in the 90’s. Fuck Walt Weiss, Chipper, Smoltz, Maddux, Bobby Cox, Crime Dog, etc, etc. Fuck the Braves. Win this for Biggio, Bagwell and Daryl Kile

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 2

Chris Taylor single handedly kept the Dodgers in that series. I'm ecstatic that their Yankees style experiment blew up in their face. Only thing missing is the Dodger version of Jomboy coming up with conspiracy theories on how the Astros/Braves cheated. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Briuis said:

Chris Taylor single handedly kept the Dodgers in that series. I'm ecstatic that their Yankees style experiment blew up in their face. Only thing missing is the Dodger version of Jomboy coming up with conspiracy theories on how the Astros/Braves cheated. 

Chris Taylor, Seager, Kershaw, Jansen, Sherzer are all free agents. 

3 minutes ago, runthebone said:

I fucking hate Atlanta.  Fuck them, fuck their ripoff, incorrect tomahawk chop bullshit, and fuck that wifebeater Bobby Cox.

Fuckers.

I grew up in Atlanta but born in Houston. My AIM name (yeah im old) was ChipperStros. Fuck Atlanta sports. I want a 3-0 lead by Atlanta just for them to collapse. It would fit the city well

3 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

Second? Browns v Cardinals. That was intracity. 

Nah, the Confederates never really held St. Louis. For most of the war, they were building Union gunboats there, ironically enough, with slave labor. 

The Rebels didn't really have control of much of Missouri at all -- it was more like roving bands of guerillas wrecking shit. The war was very, very ugly there, and it started there, and in Kansas, years before Fort Sumter. And some historians contend it continued long after Appomattox -- Jesse James only robbed banks, trains, and people he thought to be Unionists during the war. I guess that is where some of his Robin Hood image comes from; though he certainly did not give much of his loot to the poor, he did claim to only rob people perceived to be aligned with powerful interests. 

As with the Unionist partisans, the war fast became far less ideological than one based on vengeance and personal hatred, as each side committed atrocities before and during the war. In the beginning, yes, it was fiercely tied to the question of slavery in the states of Kansas and Missouri, but by the end it had descended to a blood feud. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Hook 'Em 3