2021 Texas Orange-White Game - April 24, 1 PM, LHN

Machinator

• Machinator changed the title to 2021 Texas Orange-White Game - April 24, 1 PM, LHN

Spring_Game_Rotator.jpg

The annual Texas Football Orange-White Game presented by Living Spaces will take place on Saturday, April 24 at 1 p.m. at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. The spring game, televised on Longhorn Network, is the first glimpse to see Coach Sark's "All Gas, No Brakes" era of Texas Football.

Admission is FREE and seating will be available in the lower bowl in on a first-come, first-served basis with social distancing measures in place. Once inside, we ask that fans sit in one of the comfortable, socially distanced orange chairbacks seats. For those that choose to sit in Sections 3-6, orange stickers have been placed on the backs of the seats to indicate available seats. If all available lower bowl seats are filled, the north and east upper bowls will be opened up for additional capacity. 

Gates will open at Noon. Fans may enter the stadium through Gates 7, 8, 25, 27, 28, and 31.   Stadium Map

Note: As construction continues on the new south end zone facility, the videoboard and primary audio system for the stadium will not be operational.  In addition, Bevo Blvd., Smokey’s Midway, and Longhorn City Limits will not take place.  The Frank Denius Family University of Texas Athletics Hall of Fame will also remain closed.  We look forward to these amazing experiences returning in the fall. 

SAFETY MEASURES

In preparation for the 2021 Texas Football Orange-White Game and in keeping with current state government guidance on sporting event attendance, Texas Athletics is implementing a variety of practices to ensure safety at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium.

Seating Availability
Once inside, we ask that fans sit in one of the comfortable, socially distanced orange chairback seats spread out across the lower bowl. For those that choose to sit in Sections 3-6, orange stickers have been placed on the backs of the seats to indicate available seats. If all available lower bowl seats are filled, the north and east upper bowls will be opened up for additional capacity. 

Face Covering Requirements
Fans are required to wear face coverings–even if they have already been vaccinated–and conscientiously practicing physical/social distancing, frequently washing hands, and using hand sanitizer at the Orange-White Game on April 24. Fans should keep a safe distance between their party and other fans while inside and outside of the stadium.

Clear Bag Policy
The clear bag policy is in effect for the Orange-White Game. All bags larger than 4.5" x 6.5", including purses and diaper bags, must be clear plastic and no larger than 12" x 6" x 12". For more details, please visit TexasSports.com/clearbag.

Cashless Transactions:
All transactions for concessions and merchandise locations at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium will be contactless and cashless (credit cards, debit cards, and prepaid gift cards only).

Cash-to-Card Kiosks have been added inside Gates 7 and 28 for fans who do not have credit cards or mobile wallets to be able to exchange cash for Visa® prepaid cards that can be used anywhere credit and debit cards are accepted (inside and outside of DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium). Fans will also have the ability to purchase concessions and merchandise in-venue via the Texas Longhorns mobile app.

Tailgating
Public tailgating in and around the University of Texas campus will NOT be permitted for the Orange-White Game. 

PARKING

Free parking is available for all fans on Saturday, April 24 from 7 a.m.-midnight in select lots and garages near the stadium, including San Jacinto, Trinity, and East Campus Garages.

Fans may also park for free in Lots 37, 38, 39, and 40 just east of the LBJ Library.  

ADA parking will be available in Manor Garage on the east side of the stadium. To access ADA parking, please display your state issued ADA credentials at Red River St./Clyde Littlefield Dr. checkpoint. From there, you'll be directed by gameday officials to Manor Garage. 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac pinned and featured this topic
Just now, DeadSalamander said:

For those of us out of town cord cutters, how hard is this going to be to find (been a couple of years)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You could do a free trial for one of the streaming services (I use sling).

There are a couple stream links that have worked for me recently. Your mileage may vary, and use an adblocker.

http://yrsprts.stream/live?v=lhn

https://dubsports.to/?channel=332af13e406740ca80ab3cae3552e787

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeadSalamander said:

For those of us out of town cord cutters, how hard is this going to be to find (been a couple of years)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We will be live casting it in discord, but you will have to put up with me and rgbiii 

• Hook 'Em 3

I am so grateful to have this little oasis of Longhorn football on TV before the 4 month desert of no Longhorn football that I will end up watching Texas GameDay and GameDay Final before and after.  I predict a Longhorn victory today.

Also, I am impressed with how quickly Sark grew his horns.  That was far quicker than it took Charlie or Herm to grow their horns out of their heads.

934b8767de79c5ccec86348ba29c5a61.jpg

Edited by mdleast
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Here’s some irony.  I am rarely in Austin but we came in town to meet family this weekend and I’m staying just 15 min away at the Hotel Granduca.  So close but won’t be able to get over to the game.  At least the hotel is nice but the beds are made for elves.  Not working for me at 6’6”.   Don’t expect too much from this game but I’m on board the Sark train.  There will be a reckoning in the fall.  

Edited by stork642

If you are on desktop the root forum page or the thread list page in fluid mode on the right there is a purple box that says discord. If you are treefiddy you can click that and log in. There is a gameday channel where we will be streaming the game, the rest are just text channels that are linked up to threads. I will be putting one in there for this game. 

15 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Me and the fam will be walking over to the stadium around noon. Any surly goings on? 

No doing live cast, but if you put a meeting waypoint together I'll call and throw a $100 bartab somewhere. 

Just now, ElChupacabra said:

Starts at 1:00 right? Will there be pregame entertainment on the discord?

That is the plan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, immamac said:

If you are a subscriber you can click this link. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/discord/invite/CertifiablySurly/

Sign up, join the server - there is a channel called GAME STREAM. you can join there and we will be casting the game live. If we get enough people watching I can stream it to twitch instead. 

"You have no permission to use this invite."

FTL