Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Can you take a big wad of cash like that on a domestic flight?

Cash and the TSA

There's no legal limit on how much cash you can carry through a TSA checkpoint. But the TSA may ask you to justify any unusual amounts of cash you're carrying, and your answers (or lack thereof) and general demeanor could trigger a report to law enforcement entities like the Drug Enforcement Agency that can, in turn, seize your cash. So the biggest takeaway is that if you're going to carry a large amount of currency, make sure you have a legitimate, legal reason for doing so – and leave yourself some extra time at the airport in case you must explain why you're carrying it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Cash and the TSA

There's no legal limit on how much cash you can carry through a TSA checkpoint. But the TSA may ask you to justify any unusual amounts of cash you're carrying, and your answers (or lack thereof) and general demeanor could trigger a report to law enforcement entities like the Drug Enforcement Agency that can, in turn, seize your cash. So the biggest takeaway is that if you're going to carry a large amount of currency, make sure you have a legitimate, legal reason for doing so – and leave yourself some extra time at the airport in case you must explain why you're carrying it.

"I am a priority recruit for the University of Georgia football program" gets you right through at ATL.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Cash and the TSA

If you're flying out of Atlanta you just start barking at the TSA agent and they let you through. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Landon-Samson-46112002/

2022 WR from Southlake could be one to monitor for an offer soon. Milwee and Coleman just followed today.

Our staff has been using Baylor offers as a stalking horse. I've noticed they tend to follow kids on Twitter right after they happen. 

Makes sense with only a semi-functional Player Personnel department at the moment.

They aren't allowed to play right now until the State deems it safe.  Communities and coaches are pleading with the governor to allow high schools to move forward with football.  It should have already started.
So that means Cali kids can play their 2020 season sometime in 2022..maybe 2023 if vaccines for the new Rona strains dont drop in about a year or so.

4 hours ago, NoName said:

Sategna track times:

100: 10.8 (doesn't run the 100 anymore, which kind of says all you need to know?)

200: 21.93

Thompson track times:

100: 10.32

200: 21.51

247 (non composite) has Sategna as #175 overall and Thompson is #149

"If you looking for a jolt of electricity" Brenen Thompson absolutely is that.

Reveal hidden contents

both have offers from A&M btw lol also in a funny move Thompson's primary recruiter is listed as Terry Price, who I am pretty sure Thompson could run the 100m faster than Price could run the 20m

Sategna's dad was the former Longhorns track coach. Then he was fired by Del Conte. Dad now is at Arkansas, and son now plays at Fayetteville High School.

Unsure where he'll end up, but Arkansas is a good guess.

Oh, and he would have been at Westlake, had dad not gotten fired.

• Hook 'Em 1

Roach - Texas CB for Connor Robertson.

Spoiler

I've entered a new 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction in favor of the Longhorns for Austin Westlake offensive lineman Connor Robertson. Texas offered the three-star prospect ealrier tonight, and he couldn't hide his excitement when talking with Horns247.

A local prospect and Texas legacy, Robertson's father attended Texas and Robertson grew up watching the Longhorns. Robertson had a breakout junior season starting at right tackle and helping the Chaps achieve a 6A-DI state championship.

Robertson is the latest Austin Westlake target for the Longhorns. Texas re-offered quarterback Cade Klubnik shortly after Steve Sarkisian arrived in Austin, and the Longhorns just secured walk-on commitments from Westlake stars Zane Minors and Michael Taaffe.

Robertson likely fits as a guard at the next level, but he could also play tackle depending on his arm length. Robertson shows the ability to move well laterally and climb to the second level. He shows good flexibility and power to bury any defender he gets his hands on.

Robertson currently holds 13 offers and he told Horns247 earlier today that he plans to make a decision in the next few months.

At 6-foot-4, 296 pounds, Robertson is ranked as the No. 26 offensive guard in the country and No. 92 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Roach - Texas CB for Connor Robertson.

Reveal hidden contents

I've entered a new 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction in favor of the Longhorns for Austin Westlake offensive lineman Connor Robertson. Texas offered the three-star prospect ealrier tonight, and he couldn't hide his excitement when talking with Horns247.

A local prospect and Texas legacy, Robertson's father attended Texas and Robertson grew up watching the Longhorns. Robertson had a breakout junior season starting at right tackle and helping the Chaps achieve a 6A-DI state championship.

Robertson is the latest Austin Westlake target for the Longhorns. Texas re-offered quarterback Cade Klubnik shortly after Steve Sarkisian arrived in Austin, and the Longhorns just secured walk-on commitments from Westlake stars Zane Minors and Michael Taaffe.

Robertson likely fits as a guard at the next level, but he could also play tackle depending on his arm length. Robertson shows the ability to move well laterally and climb to the second level. He shows good flexibility and power to bury any defender he gets his hands on.

Robertson currently holds 13 offers and he told Horns247 earlier today that he plans to make a decision in the next few months.

At 6-foot-4, 296 pounds, Robertson is ranked as the No. 26 offensive guard in the country and No. 92 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

That escalated quickly.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 1/28/2021 at 4:34 PM, closetojumping said:

Regarding Megwa, I guess they politely included him in there. I'll be cheering for the guy whenever he gets to commit to a school excited to take him.

Can you elaborate on this one? Gerry mentioned today that Texas is evaluating him as an ATH.

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Roach said Texas is pushing for Murphy

I just watched Malik Murphy's sophomore hudl.  If Sark can make Mac Jones a Heisman contender, then he can make this kid a first round draft choice.  For sure Sark needs to push Murphy.  Big kid, strong arm and likes Sark and his offense.  Sign him up.   Ewers can go freeze with his bros.  

• Hook 'Em 7

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Our staff has been using Baylor offers as a stalking horse. I've noticed they tend to follow kids on Twitter right after they happen. 

Makes sense with only a semi-functional Player Personnel department at the moment.

Takes a while to get the bag process organized to desired efficiency with the new staff.

17 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Can you elaborate on this one? Gerry mentioned today that Texas is evaluating him as an ATH.

IT said an ath/lb wanted to commit recently but texas declined. Speculation was it was him. He’s definitely not a RB take that’s for sure. I could see ILB

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Super K update on support staff

Hide contents

***As you may know, Texas is still awaiting things with player personnel director, Drew Hughes, to clear. As Football Scoop reported, Hughes has not been tied to any of the ongoing issues at Tennessee, but Texas is just taking a little more time to allow compliance to finish take care of things on their end.

***I am told that things look good so far, and one source said he could be on board officially sometime later this week.

***Also, I’ve previously noted that Texas is looking to hire multiple high school relations directors. Some of you have asked if they would be hiring a Texas high school football coach. It sounds like they are certainly looking that direction.

***I am told that Lancaster head coach, Chris Gilbert is a strong candidate, if not the likely hire.

Home run, hes the president of the THSCA and very, very well respected

• Hook 'Em 6

update on support staff

president of the THSCA

Spoiler

***Also, I’ve previously noted that Texas is looking to hire multiple high school relations directors. Some of you have asked if they would be hiring a Texas high school football coach. It sounds like they are certainly looking that direction.

***I am told that Lancaster head coach, Chris Gilbert is a strong candidate, if not the likely hire.

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Fuck You 9

6 hours ago, Scholz said:

Cash and the TSA

I had a backpack on a flight from Seattle to Hawaii with about 65k in it.  A forgotten bottle of mousse triggered the metal detector.  TSA pulls out the mousse and said you can't bhave that.  As for the cash he just said you don't trust banks either?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

update on support staff

president of the THSCA

Reveal hidden contents

who's the chic in your avi??

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting