Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Wells

Spoiler

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville (2022) (TEXAS): I caught to catch up with UT’s 2022 pledge and his mother on Sunday. He still might see Penn State or Baylor in June, but I think Texas is still solid here.

LB Kip Lewis, Carthage (2022) (OU): This dude was making plays all over the field on Saturday. He still hears from the Horns, but he’s solid to the Sooners.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, RGBIII said:

I admittedly only watched his first two starts but it’s crazy how different he looks in camps vs in a real game

In theory the other guys on the team are supposed to stop the other team from swarming him every snap.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

And get open and then catch the ball.  The biggest issue for me is his mechanics fall apart in games sometimes.  That is going to have to get fixed because he's not going to have a clean pocket at all times even when his OL doesn't suck shit through a straw.

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

And get open and then catch the ball.  The biggest issue for me is his mechanics fall apart in games sometimes.  That is going to have to get fixed because he's not going to have a clean pocket at all times even when his OL doesn't suck shit through a straw.

Yep. It’s definitely his biggest area for improvement. I’m curious to see how tall he measures at camps this offseason. 6’6 is a pretty clear cutoff in the NFL for QBs because guys that tall usually have heavier feet and long arms, which can lead to poor footwork and inconsistent throwing motion, which we definitely see with Murphy in games. It also would’ve been nice for him to play at more of a football factory so we could know poor coaching wasn’t a factor if he was still inconsistent. 

I’m not saying he can’t work out if he’s over 6’6, but it is much more of a factor for guys that tall, and you’d like to see him make some more progress on the field before we take him.

The weird sidearm shoulder drop and whip thing that he does is the worst bad habit.  I am sure it came from no decent coaching when he was growing up and figuring out how to throw.  By the time he started going to a QB coach it was already too late.

Edited by kevwun

(Mike Roach) The Stampede: Can Texas recruit well in The Boot?

Spoiler

When Steve Sarkisian put together his initial staff at Texas, he did so with a mind toward recruiting nationally. While the state of Texas is a hotbed for talent, most elite teams regularly augment their roster with talent from outside of their own state.

The Longhorns have done this in the past, but they’ve failed at times to utilize some important recruiting bases near them. While it doesn’t produce the numbers and depth that the state of Texas does, Louisiana is home to elite athletes year in and year out. As a bordering state, the Longhorns have often taken a few prospects not valued by LSU or Alabama, but they haven’t been willing to go head-to-head with those powers and put them on the defensive. In contrast, those schools are often the hardest recruiters of the state of Texas and thorn in the side of the Longhorns.

That could change under Sarkisian. Not only does his initial staff include an ace recruiter in Jeff Banks, but he also added several staffers with ties to The Boot. Cornerbacks coach Terry Joseph and Quality Control assistant Cordae Hankton are New Orleans natives while Director of Recruiting Brandon Harris is a former Shreveport star who went on to play for LSU. In year one, Texas is already making more noise in Louisiana than they have in recent years.

I spent a few days in the New Orleans area last week to see some Texas targets and check the temperature of a few recruitments. What I found was a new buzz about Texas around the state as the Longhorns seem to be legitimate contenders for a few of the state’s best.

In this week’s edition of The Stampede, Horns247’s weekly gathering of recruiting intel, I provide the lowdown on five recruitments Texas is engaged in for Louisiana prospects.

2022 four-star WR Shazz Preston, Saint James (La.) St. James

Buzz: If Texas wins Preston, the staff will likely have to go head to head with several SEC superpowers including a strong hometown push from LSU. The four-star wide receiver will get his first chance to see Austin this summer when he makes an official visit June 18-20, and he’s excited to see a place he’s never been to before. Preston had a good pre-existing relationship with Steve Sarkisian when he was at Alabama and an existing relationship with Andre Coleman who originally offered him when Tom Herman was still head coach at Texas.

Preston will be on the visit with a large contingent of Texas commits including Jaydon Blue and Maalik Murphy who will no doubt put the pressure on him to join them at Texas.  One source I spoke with sees this as an LSU/Alabama battle and there’s no consensus that believes Preston is a lock to stay inside state lines.  Several sources I spoke with see Texas as a dark horse that could make a move with a strong visit and good season this fall.  The Longhorns have been aggressive in pushing the name, image, likeness possibilities and that pitch has been able to grab Preston’s attention.  While being a likely third place behind Alabama and LSU isn’t where anyone wants to be in the race for a Louisiana prospect, there are many who feel Texas could make the run if everything falls in line, and sources I spoke with in Louisiana feel that Texas cannot yet be counted out.

2022 four-star DL Quency Wiggins, Baton Rouge (La.) Madison Prep

Buzz: Wiggins is a somewhat recent offer for the Longhorns and there’s a feeling Texas could get into the conversation with a good visit, but Wiggins hasn’t scheduled any to our knowledge. Wiggins hails from the same high school as former Longhorn Malcolm Roach, but I’m not sure that will make a ton of difference within the recruitment. As of now, LSU looks to be tough to beat for the lanky pass rusher, but Texas has a puncher’s chance if they can continue to grow the relationship moving forward.

While the Tigers are probably the overwhelming favorite at the moment, things could get interesting if Alabama enters the picture. One source I spoke with said that an offer from the Crimson Tide could shake this entire recruitment up and put the Bayou Bengals on the defensive. For Texas, Bo Davis just needs to keep chipping away and giving this his best shot as they attempt to get Wiggins on campus. If they are able to, things could change, but right now it feels like Texas is no better than what is probably a distant third for the four-star edge rusher with an NFL frame.

2022 four-star DL J'mond Tapp, Donaldsonville (La.) Ascension Catholic

Buzz: Tapp is scheduled to make his way to Austin to June 25-27, but Texas will have to do some major work to reverse the momentum LSU already has in this recruitment. One source I spoke with felt that Alabama could make this an interesting race, but there were very few people I talked to who saw him landing anywhere other than Baton Rouge when it's all said and done.

2022 four-star RB TreVonte' Citizen, Lake Charles (La.) College Prep

Buzz: Citizen’s visit one June 4 could be a huge one for Texas, because it sounds like Citizen is giving serious thought to crossing state lines in some way. While LSU will remain a dangerous factor for him, our best intel has this as a Texas and Texas A&M battle. Arkansas is also a school that appears to be a threat, but two sources I spoke with expect Citizen to end up either an Aggie or Longhorn.

Texas has quietly been putting in some work with Director of Recruiting Brandon Harris and running backs coach Stan Drayton leading the way. Texas A&M is not to be taken lightly in this race, though. The Aggies have been on Citizen for a while and Jimbo Fisher’s offense is built to feature a headline back who runs downhill. This is one of the more interesting under the radar races for Texas as they head into the summer.

Edited by Machinator

12 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The weird sidearm shoulder drop and whip thing that he does is the worst bad habit.  I am sure it came from no decent coaching when he was growing up and figuring out how to throw.  By the time he started going to a QB coach it was already too late.

People keep saying this but he’s been receiving private training since he was like 8 years old. Maybe that trainer sucked, but he’s been a big time prospect since middle school, so I’m skeptical his issues are due to not receiving any high level training. 

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

People keep saying this but he’s been receiving private training since he was like 8 years old. Maybe that trainer sucked, but he’s been a big time prospect since middle school, so I’m skeptical his issues are due to not receiving any high level training. 

TBF he said no "decent" coaching, so it's possible that trainer blew ass when it came to how this guy needs to throw the ball. I don't care if you're 6'7, you're gunna have a higher percentage of balls getting batted down when you're throwing it from that slot. 

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

You tend to adhere to the view that training is a proxy for coaching and reps. Not just you, but a faction of recruitniks for whom you’re one of the most vocal. 

I’m not convicted that it’s a poor way of viewing recruits or anything, but I do think there are times in which real reps and real coaching repetition (that knows what it’s doing) have an outsized impact for some types and perhaps positions. 

Duh, right? Maybe, but even years of largely just going through motions with the same guy(s) working with you can be a trap. Change the environment and accelerate the real world reps and there’s considerable room for learning curve jumps where it matters. I bring this up because in this instance, we see a player who frequently reacts to less frequently seen moments of adversity with the regression to primitive behaviors. It implies that nothing yet has stimulated replacement behaviors that then become the triggered autoresponses replacing the bad shit we see now. 

And if that theory doesn’t hold up, go ahead and light the cigarette’s because this recruitment is already fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

You tend to adhere to the view that training is a proxy for coaching and reps. Not just you, but a faction of recruitniks for whom you’re one of the most vocal. 

I’m not convicted that it’s a poor way of viewing recruits or anything, but I do think there are times in which real reps and real coaching repetition (that knows what it’s doing) have an outsized impact for some types and perhaps positions. 

Duh, right? Maybe, but even years of largely just going through motions with the same guy(s) working with you can be a trap. Change the environment and accelerate the real world reps and there’s considerable room for learning curve jumps where it matters. I bring this up because in this instance, we see a player who frequently reacts to less frequently seen moments of adversity with the regression to primitive behaviors. It implies that nothing yet has stimulated replacement behaviors that then become the triggered autoresponses replacing the bad shit we see now. 

And if that theory doesn’t hold up, go ahead and light the cigarette’s because this recruitment is already fucked. 

I think you and I are actually in agreement on this. That’s why I made the comments about it’s possible his personal trainer sucked and it would’ve been nice for him to go to a football powerhouse, so we could eliminate the factor of poor coaching/training evaluating him. If he had been in the LT or Westlake system for the last 4-6 years then I’d be a lot more confident in blaming the technique issues on him. As it stands, it’s hard to say. Most guys who exhibit traits as early as him receive high level training early, but who knows. And his HS program clearly isn’t all that refined even though they do produce a good amount of D1 talent, including their prior QB going to UNLV, so it’s hard to say how much is him versus the training he’s received.

Murphy’s ultimately a big question mark and I’m apt to trust Sark at this point, but there’s no doubt he’s a low floor, high ceiling prospect. 

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I think you and I are actually in agreement on this. That’s why I made the comments about it’s possible his personal trainer sucked and it would’ve been nice for him to go to a football powerhouse, so we could eliminate the factor of poor coaching/training evaluating him. If he had been in the LT or Westlake system for the last 4-6 years then I’d be a lot more confident in blaming the technique issues on him. As it stands, it’s hard to say. Most guys who exhibit traits as early as him receive high level training early, but who knows. And his HS program clearly isn’t all that refined even though they do produce a good amount of D1 talent, including their prior QB going to UNLV, so it’s hard to say how much is him versus the training he’s received.

Murphy’s ultimately a big question mark and I’m apt to trust Sark at this point, but there’s no doubt he’s a low floor, high ceiling prospect. 

So when do we start the Arch Manning or bust thread?

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

So when do we start the Arch Manning or bust thread?

Well, there isn't much to talk about right now. Then things pick up in June and we will be occupied with real recruiting shit. Then we should be able to coast until December unless Card and Thompson have issues or god forbid, Thompson transfers. So basically what I'm saying is give it a minute or two.

IT

Spoiler

CB Terrance Brooks, John Paul II (Plano, TX) - 2022: Brooks plans to take four official visits. He’ll visit Oregon June 4th, Florida June 11th, Texas June 18th, and Alabama on the 25th. It will take perfect visits from Oregon and Florida to become real contenders. That leaves Texas and Alabama jousting for Brooks just like the two schools are for Denver Harris.

IT has it as a coin flip, but in reality it isn’t. It’s likely Brooks already has his preference and internal leader, IT just doesn’t know who it is. The visits are still big, but one of the two schools is in the pole position heading into June.

For Texas to win this recruitment, it will have to get Brooks and his father Chet to believe the Horns are the best option from a developmental standpoint. This is a tall task, given it’s Alabama and Nick Saban’s involvement in DB play. That written, the Brooks’ have long been fond of Terry Joseph dating back to when Joseph was at Notre Dame and had the Domers in the middle of this recruitment. Joseph certainly has more skins on the wall than Alabama’s Jay Valai, formerly of Texas.

Expect a July announcement from Brooks.

OLB/DL Justice Finkley, Hewitt-Trussville (Hewitt, AL) - 2022: This tweet caught our attention.

On Sunday, IT spent a solid 20 minutes on the phone with the parents of Justice Finkley. Both his mother, April, and father, Jacqnaii, offered excellent insight into their son’s recruitment.

Texas was a little late to the recruitment and is one of Justice’s most recent offers, having offered on March 1st. The logical question is, how did UT get in the middle of this recruitment so quickly?

“It’s just their recruiting and that Coach Sark is hands on with recruiting. The coaching staff is hands on; they’re staying engaged. Often times many schools will offer and think their brand will do the rest of the work. Texas is very thorough. I’ve even mentioned to Coach Sark that UT is one of his most recent offers but Texas actually made his top 12 schools to get know more about and put laser focus on. It’s credit to Coach K and Coach Sark that we are information rich,” said April Finkley.

A follow up, how involved is Coach Kwiatkowski on aspects not directly related to football?

Mrs. Finkley illuminated, “Coach K set up a Zoom with one of the professors from the neuroscience department. We were able to speak to one of the faculty members and will be able to be in touch with them in the future.”

The word neuroscience triggered a discussion on academics that was guaranteed to happen. Mrs. Finkley has a doctorate and Mr. Finkley received his master’s from Samford. This isn’t lining up so cleanly with the brutal football player we see in Finkley’s Hudl, but it does make sense of the kid from Alabama entertaining overtures from Michigan and Texas.

He’ll take official visits to both schools in June as well as Colorado. When asked about Colorado, Mr. Finkley flexed his football knowledge by talking about the Buffaloes back when they were in the Big 8. The family has visited Boulder as well as Ann Arbor, tacit acknowledgement that at least two people in SEC country recognize football west of the Mississippi.

A fourth school is in the mix for an official visit but went unnamed as the visit isn’t yet set in stone.

Stanford is in the conversation but Finkley plans to enroll in college early and the Cardinal do not allow for that. IT didn’t broach the subject of Stanford’s rules regarding early enrollment.

Of course there’s Alabama. They “absolutely hear from Alabama still.” It’s possible Finkley ends up playing in SEC country, however his decision is not football-first.

“He’s been raised to understand the world is much bigger than home,” said Mrs. Finkley. She continued, “his best him isn’t tied to one geographical location. The thing is we’ve just kind of raised him with the mindset of not limiting himself. Even before football became a major part of who he is we always wanted him to not stay in a box.”

Along with visiting the university, the Finkley family is excited to visit Austin and “Silicon Hills.” It might be a fitting home for someone Mrs. Finkley refers to as a “glitch in the matrix.”

Expect an announcement before the season from the prospective Jack outside linebacker with possible spin-down potential.

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont, TX) – 2022: There has been some question if Bryce Anderson’s recruitment is affected by his cousin Jaydon Blue. IT can say without question that Anderson’s recruitment is completely independent of Blue’s.

On Anderson’s recruitment, there is a feeling that Texas A&M knows Anderson is a long shot heading into June official visits, and it will end up being Alabama that gives Texas the toughest competition in the next month and change prior to a scheduled July 4 commitment.

Texas A&M is not thrilled that both Texas and Alabama are ahead of them in the race for a defensive back the Aggies covet, also factoring in that Denver Harris and Terrance Brooks are leaning the same way in their respective recruitments. Make no mistake, Nick Saban is making a serious run at the 6-foot, 185-pounder with 10.6 speed and versatility.

LB Sebastian Cheeks, Evanston Township (Evanston, IL) - 2022: We're hearing one out-of-state target is getting closer and closer to Texas. The 6-foot-3, 210-pound linebacker is a national prospect with 27 offers including Notre Dame, Michigan, North Carolina, and Wisconsin. The four-star has always been fond of the Horns, and the UT staff is making progress in this pursuit. His father attended Illinois and his brother runs track at West Texas A&M, so the athletic genes are there, not to mention his 14.36 in the 110 hurdles this spring.

While Notre Dame leads here, there's a sense he might not have a spot in South Bend. If that's the case, UT's chances increase tremendously. He mentions how much he enjoys the Texas staff, who see him as an inside linebacker. He'll be in Austin for his OV on June 11th-13th.

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville (Lewisville, TX) (TEXAS) - 2022: Sunday was the first time the UT pledge got to work out after his recent hernia surgery. And it looks like he picked up where he left off last season. After tallying 1,730 yards receiving on 128 catches and 16 touchdowns over the last three seasons, the accolades followed.

In 2018, he was district 6-6A Co-Offensive Newcomer of the year, then was unanimous selection for the all-district first team in 2019. He repeated the feat after his junior campaign with another all-district honor.

Winfield is a prospect we're always watching, especially with Penn State and Baylor likely to receive visits. After catching up with the four-star and his mother on Sunday, I feel better that Winfield is solid today. The family really likes Steve Sarkisian and Andre Coleman, and the opportunities for NIL in the near future. He'll be in Austin for his official visit on June 18th-20th.

RB Jamarion Miller, Tyler Legacy (Tyler, TX) - 2022: This is a recruit the members at Inside Texas have gotten to know over the years. He's been a Texas lean since his older brother Damion signed with Texas in 2017. Unfortunately, Damion never made it to the Forty Acres. But Jamarion kept his sights on Austin.

After the previous staff offered, he was all but locked into the Longhorns for the longest time. Then the new staff came in and eventually made Miller a priority. By that time, the 5-foot-10, 190-pound four-star accumulated 27 offers including Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Florida, and Oklahoma State.

The speed merchant is now set to see some college campuses this summer. He wants to see Alabama, USC, and Florida, and enjoy the process that's been neglected by the NCAA since the Covid pandemic.

Here's how it breaks down: Texas wants Miller and a part of Miller still likes Texas. The disconnect over the last few months might just be a kid that loved one school for so long, he never had a chance to look anywhere else. When Nick Saban is Zooming with you weekly, and USC calls every other day, you begin to see the process in a different light.

At the end of the day, Texas will not stop pursuing Miller. He's too good for this offensive system and better than UT's 2022 tailback take. Miller tells me he might see Austin this summer after all. This recruitment will test Stan Drayton's resolve and Brandon Harris' sanity. Just get him back on campus. That's the biggest next step.

Edited by Machinator
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

IT

Hide contents

OLB/DL Justice Finkley, Hewitt-Trussville (Hewitt, AL) - 2022: This tweet caught our attention.

On Sunday, IT spent a solid 20 minutes on the phone with the parents of Justice Finkley. Both his mother, April, and father, Jacqnaii, offered excellent insight into their son’s recruitment.

Mrs. Finkley illuminated, “Coach K set up a Zoom with one of the professors from the neuroscience department. We were able to speak to one of the faculty members and will be able to be in touch with them in the future.”

The word neuroscience triggered a discussion on academics that was guaranteed to happen. Mrs. Finkley has a doctorate and Mr. Finkley received his master’s from Stanford. This isn’t lining up so cleanly with the brutal football player we see in Finkley’s Hudl, but it does make sense of the kid from Alabama entertaining overtures from Michigan and Texas.

Of course there’s Alabama. They “absolutely hear from Alabama still.” It’s possible Finkley ends up playing in SEC country, however his decision is not football-first.

“He’s been raised to understand the world is much bigger than home,” said Mrs. Finkley. She continued, “his best him isn’t tied to one geographical location. The thing is we’ve just kind of raised him with the mindset of not limiting himself. Even before football became a major part of who he is we always wanted him to not stay in a box.”

A kid whose mom has her PhD and dad has a masters from Stanford aint going to an academically glorified community college like Bama. They are smart enough to know that if he's good enough on the football field, the NFL will always be an option no matter where he goes to school. Education is probably a higher priority for them than most recruits.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Rivals national guy Sam Speigelman (was originally an LSU reporter) Futurecasted Gatson to Texas

I'm prepared to push the "Son of Gat" moniker in the event he commits. All jokes aside, let's get Tavorus Jones and shut down recruiting at RB.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

A kid whose mom has her PhD and dad has a masters from Stanford aint going to an academically glorified community college like Bama. They are smart enough to know that if he's good enough on the football field, the NFL will always be an option no matter where he goes to school. Education is probably a higher priority for them than most recruits.

Well sure but what if they really love the feel of a crisp, fall afternoon in Tuscaloosa? 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 10:30 AM, SydneyCarton said:

These guys are correct. 

You're conflating Lamb with Charleston Rambo, who was a character risk who's father had to apologize to coaches for his bullshit and was an overranked talent. They both ended up at OU. Rambo washed out and is now with Miami. 

1. 12-08-2016, 02:24 PM#22241
    asshatreputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.pngtexifornia's Avatar

Holy cow we just offered CeeDee Lamb: http://247sports.com/Player/CeeDee-Lamb-77892

We're attacking OU's wideout commits like crazy.

Excellent player, but there's word he might be a grade risk.

neW8iVo.png
    Last edited by texifornia; 12-08-2016 at 02:25 PM.

2. 12-08-2016, 02:27 PM#22246

Went through the shag because I'm a psycho lol. Grade risk...character issues, ultimately the same shit. We should have pursued him harder and we shouldn't let an incident with Blue stop us from taking his commitment. The shag had some pretty good fuckery that I had forgotten about by the way. 

26 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:
    asshatreputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.pngtexifornia's Avatar

Holy cow we just offered CeeDee Lamb: http://247sports.com/Player/CeeDee-Lamb-77892

neW8iVo.png

Went through the shag because I'm a psycho lol. Grade risk...character issues, ultimately the same shit. We should have pursued him harder and we shouldn't let an incident with Blue stop us from taking his commitment. The shag had some pretty good fuckery that I had forgotten about by the way. 

How did you manage to circumvent all the scat?

35 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

neW8iVo.png

i mean, no they absolutely are not.

Marcel Brooks was a huge character issue guy. It says everything when you are a 5*, #32 in composite (#17 overall for 247) and don't even take a visit to Texas, A&M or OU because you are such a character risk that nobody outside of LSU wants to touch you with a ten foot pole.

Lagaryonn Carson, Damion Miller and Devonaire Clarington were grade risk guys.

Texas recruited Carson, Miller and Clarington, and other grade risk guys.

Texas did not recruit Brooks and a pretty not small number of other dudes who were "character risks"

We should have pushed for Lamb more, obviously.

I have no interest in going after dudes who are pieces of shit. Grade risks != Character risks.

edit: you probably 10x'd their site visits YTD with your looking around over there haha

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

I'm prepared to push the "Son of Gat" moniker in the event he commits. All jokes aside, let's get Tavorus Jones and shut down recruiting at RB.

If he is as good on the gridiron as "Labe, Son of Nat" is in talking with women, he'll do just fine for himself on and off the field! :D

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

IT

Spoiler

TE Tommy McIntosh, Dewitt (Dewitt, MI) - 2022: One glance at the 6-foot-4.5, 205-pound athlete’s Hudl and you develop a genuine interest for this underrated three-star.

He plays everywhere; wide receiver, tight end, safety, outside and middle linebacker. That versatility plus an aggressive style leads to a promising collegiate prospect.

With 20 offers in hand, including Iowa, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Indiana, and Cincinnati, McIntosh doesn’t lack exposure. But the Texas offer hit different.

“(UT’s) staff is wonderful,” said McIntosh. “I talk to coach (Steve) Sarkisian, and coach (Jeff) Banks. They seem real genuine. They like him as a flex tight end that can also block. Similar to what the tight ends did at Alabama. They think I will cause mismatches while also being beneficial in the run-block game.”

He can really enjoy the process on June 1st. But he doesn’t act like he missed anything with the Covid pandemic. McIntosh mentioned his recruitment didn’t start until last summer, but didn’t really pickup until the last few months. He’s currently scheduling such trips.

“I’ve got official visits to Wisconsin, Indiana, and Iowa in June,” McIntosh said. “I definitely want to see Texas, hopefully in June as well. It’s only a 2.5-hour direct flight to Austin for me. I want to meet them and see if I want to use an official visit this fall.”

McIntosh originally wanted to announce his decision in July, but after his sudden popularity, tells IT he no longer has a timeline.

Texas sparked something here. He grew up 15 miles from Michigan State, but always saw himself as a guy that left the state. McIntosh wants to branch out, and seeing Austin this summer could really heat this up.

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Well, you're going to get a kick out of this, but whichever IT mod was in charge of writing that blurb fucked up. The dad has a masters from Samford, not Stanford.

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Well, you're going to get a kick out of this, but whichever IT mod was in charge of writing that blurb fucked up. The dad has a masters from Samford, not Stanford.

Thanks for the update. Regardless his parents aren't dummies. Hoping they don't send their son to bama if they give a shit about education.

(Mike Roach) Texas to host elite northwest program FSP for summer visit

Spoiler

This summer’s visit schedule will allow for some big national prospects to come through Austin.

Some of those prospects are already booked for a trip as several of the best from the Pacific Northwest will make the trip on June 8 when Ford Sports Performance brings their prospects on a tour of Texas.

FSP is one of the preeminent training programs for high school athletes in the country. Located in Bellevue, Washington, FSP is run by Tracy Ford and a staff of nearly twenty skills trainers and strength coaches working out of a 30,000 square foot facility. FSP’s 7v7 team, an extension of the training program, is one of the best teams in the country on a yearly basis. Ford works with multiple professional athletes and some of the best recruits in the country.

FSP’s 7v7 program includes alumni such as Sam Huard, Gee Scott Jr, Kelee Ringo, DJ Rogers, Sam Adams, JT Tuimoloau and many others. Pete Kwiatkowski and Jeff Choate both have familiarity with the program having recruited many of their athletes.

247Sports National Recruiting Editor Brandon Huffman’s home base is in Seattle, and he’s seen many of the FSP prospects develop from a young age. He provided some tidbits on each of the prospects scheduled to make the trip.

2022 three-star offensive lineman Mark Nabou, Seattle (Wa.) O’Dea

"Overshadowed a bit by his fellow lineman, four-star Owen Prentice, he was the left tackle next to Prentice, and he made a huge leap as a junior. Texas offered his freshman teammate Jason Brown and Nabou's blocks were a big reason for that."

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting