Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, UDontKnow said:

I am blanking on bookend targets after Cam Williams, Jacob Sexton, and Kelvin Banks. Neto? But CTJ mentioned he's playing games with coaching staffs regarding his visits. Who else is there?

They were last seen checking in on John Hail and Joe Mary, so it sounds like we’re good. 

1 minute ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Staff should just stop accepting silents at this point or at least put a timetable on going public. Seems they've mismanaged "silent" recruits all cycle, either that or they are easy as fuck to troll.

How do you propose they stop accepting silents? 

“mmm no thank you we don’t do that here, stay completely uncommitted please.”

12 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

How do you propose they stop accepting silents? 

“mmm no thank you we don’t do that here, stay completely uncommitted please.”

Uh yea, exactly that, go public in 48 hour or some such or we don't consider you a commit and your spot is still available. Playing nice and allowing "commits" to be silents for months isn't working out for them. 

35 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I am blanking on bookend targets after Cam Williams, Jacob Sexton, and Kelvin Banks. Neto? But CTJ mentioned he's playing games with coaching staffs regarding his visits. Who else is there?

This is the big problem. There don’t appear to be a lot of good plan Bs. Pickings in the state get real slim in a hurry, just going by rankings. We’ve offered a bunch of high 4 and 5 star types from the west coast but…c’mon.

15 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Uh yea, exactly that, go public in 48 hour or some such or we don't consider you a commit and your spot is still available. Playing nice and allowing "commits" to be silents for months isn't working out for them. 

We have next to zero leverage at the moment so pretty baseless tactic. Take a silent and keep recruiting.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If we end up with Sexton then that's a real indicator that IT does not know what the hell they are talking about. 

Yeah it was interesting that the OU reporter insinuated Texas is very much in it after reporting from here indicated the staff basically passed. Maybe they’re putting the full court press on him after losing Williams and potentially Banks but hard to imagine that going over well if the no room thing is true.

55 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Some West Coast longshots like Conerly and Agbo. Dewberry. So yeah, basically the transfer portal

But no worries, at least we landed...1 3-star OT. Yikes

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Staff should just stop accepting silents at this point or at least put a timetable on going public. Seems they've mismanaged "silent" recruits all cycle, either that or they are easy as fuck to troll.

I’ve largely ignored silent commitments for years, but specifically for this cycle, everyone should’ve ignored it after Jacoby Mathews was considered a silent. What a meaningless croc of shit that was.

10 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Some West Coast longshots like Conerly and Agbo. Dewberry. So yeah, basically the transfer portal

But no worries, at least we landed...1 3-star OT. Yikes

Won't let me edit but I meant to say we landed 1 OT last year

34 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

I’ve largely ignored silent commitments for years, but specifically for this cycle, everyone should’ve ignored it after Jacoby Mathews was considered a silent. What a meaningless croc of shit that was.

That's right,  a silent commitment doesn't even make a lot of sense.   

Plus verbal commitments and LOI's aren't worth a whole lot nowadays.

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

The "can't close" concerns seem pretty real considering Anderson (originally committing in Apr), quick decommits like Stewart and Owens, Banks, Cam, etc. Idk if it's the staff or just that we get a mountain of negative recruiting when we take the lead and have a target on our back.

I wonder that about Banks too. Oregon and Aggy def have one thing in common, and pretty much only that one thing

Just because a young man doesn't choose us, doesn't always mean that the coaches screwed up. It's not always on them.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Just because a young man doesn't choose us, doesn't always mean that the coaches screwed up. It's not always on them.

It’s on them if they make recruiting decisions based on obviously shaky information.  Everybody on the planet knows these kids are fickle.  You gotta have backup plans for your backup plans.  

Telling players ready to visit “Naw, we’re good” (as reported) and then having the rug pulled out from under us like we’re goddamned Loony Tunes antagonists is a pretty shitty look.

I ain’t Chicken Little, but things sure don’t look rosy on the recruiting front at the moment.  I hope we get something going soon, because contrary to Mensa’s bylaws momentum is a real thing.

Edited by Darth Tron
Verbiage
  • Hook 'Em 1

I understand that panicking is basically the number one go to behavior in here and for good reason but saban and Meyer both had recruiting classes ranked 12th year one in the vaunted SEC! It’s regarded for me to compare sark to the two best coaches in college football in the last 10 years but the premise is the same. Let these fuckers coach a year lol. 

TLDR

woman up GIF by Paradise Hotel

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting