Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

In our biggest recruiting weekend of the year, we decide to put on one of the most pathetic coaching displays I have ever seen from Texas coaches. PK’s fourth quarter calls are a fireable offense and I’m not sure Sark’s fourth quarter play calling was much better. I’m just glad we are not going to be in the SEC next year with this coaching staff. 

My last hope is all of the recruits watching today are not concerned about how badly this team is coached and are more attracted to the city and the campus. That’s all I have left for this staff. Blind luck to land elite talent to overcome this mess. 

28 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

How does he pitch to the recruits after this back to back choke? If I'm this staff I spend a lot of time with the committed players before they jump ship

The way we lost both is tough especially in back to back weeks, but the spin job is: "First year head coaches almost never win more than 8 games (look at Saban, Kirby, Franklin, Jimbo, Dabo, etc) and look how close we are already - we should've beat two top 10 teams (OSU likely top 10 next week) even with a roster that doesn't fit our schemes." Plus continue to hamme early playing time etc.

I'm not saying that will necessarily work, but it's not a totally crazy point. Idk what you say about the offense sucking balls other than "OSU has a good D and it was one bad game" (sorta fair). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

The way we lost both is tough especially in back to back weeks, but the spin job is: "First year head coaches almost never win more than 8 games (look at Saban, Kirby, Franklin, Jimbo, Dabo, etc) and look how close we are already - we should've beat two top 10 teams (OSU likely top 10 next week) even with a roster that doesn't fit our schemes." Plus continue to hamme early playing time etc.

I'm not saying that will necessarily work, but it's not a totally crazy point. Idk what you say about the offense sucking balls other than "OSU has a good D and it was one bad game" (sorta fair). 

It’s not just one bad game, is the issue. So that’s not “sorta fair”. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

It’s not just one bad game, is the issue. So that’s not “sorta fair”. 

Meh they were not the problem vs OU. They scored 48 points. They sucked against Ark but that was really Card not being ready, not on Sark. 

Also if we're being honest, the majority of the OL struggles all fall on the OL still. Casey was getting abused today which I'm sure contributed to his late game struggle

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

It's been 2 horrific bad 2nd halfs in a row. The lack of adjustments us gonna be a negative pitch tons of teams are gonna use. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Meh they were not the problem vs OU. They scored 48 points. They sucked against Ark but that was really Card not being ready, not on Sark. 

Also if we're being honest, the majority of the OL struggles all fall on the OL still. Casey was getting abused today which I'm sure contributed to his late game struggle

Not the problem against ousux? Did u not watch the O go limp in the 2nd half of that game too? 

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting