Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Silver lining if Jaydon bails is that it may help with Rueben. Seem to remember something about him not loving us having two good RBs in the class ahead of him from a playing time perspective.

Obviously we could still miss Rueben which would be double furk

If we don't get Blue or Owens, Jamarion Miller will just have to be the next Heisman-winning RB behind Bijan.

I have zero insight re Blue. I still hope we sign him. That said, many guys who generate as much "news" as he has during the recruiting cycle never really seem to lock into beast mode in college. Would love for Blue to be an exception. 

3 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

If we don't get Blue or Owens, Jamarion Miller will just have to be the next Heisman-winning RB behind Bijan.

I have zero insight re Blue. I still hope we sign him. That said, many guys who generate as much "news" as he has during the recruiting cycle never really seem to lock into beast mode in college. Would love for Blue to be an exception. 

Zach Evans seems to be doing quite well this year, despite the huge bust potential he showed.

37 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I just skipped all pages from the weekend.  I assume I only missed a lot of pussy rubbing?

Only a real man watches a 7-5 Texas team and likes it. Not like these faggots who complain when we get our ass kicked by a major powerhouse like Arkansas. 

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, D3zii said:

If he hasn’t he needs to 

Raymond couldn't get past "compliance". Sarkisian was given a quick "no" when kicking the tires, supposedly. Maybe if buys Plonsky a lifetime supply of Pluckers wings or pleated blue jeans she'll reconsider this time.

9 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Zach Evans seems to be doing quite well this year, despite the huge bust potential he showed.

Jordan Elliott wound up doing fine once he grappled with his decisions and got his shit together. Some of the flakes figure it out. Most don't. Texas took Bijan Robinson instead and it's worked out. Clemson took Demarckus Bowman, OU took Seth McGowan. Sometimes shit works out in our favor. Not often these days, it seems, but Texas won in the recruiting class for 2020 at TB. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Raymond couldn't get past "compliance". Sarkisian was given a quick "no" when kicking the tires, supposedly. Maybe if buys Plonsky a lifetime supply of Pluckers wings or pleated blue jeans she'll reconsider this time.

Jordan Elliott wound up doing fine once he grappled with his decisions and got his shit together. Some of the flakes figure it out. Most don't. Texas took Bijan Robinson instead and it's worked out. Clemson took Demarckus Bowman, OU took Seth McGowan. Sometimes shit works out in our favor. Not often these days, it seems, but Texas won in the recruiting class for 2020 at TB. 

I'm very happy we hit the jackpot with Bijan. He's clearly the best of the bunch. I was more just pointing out that sometimes RBs with red flags can get their shit together and still make it. Hopefully that's the case with Jaydon Blue.

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Kind of surprised since Blue has been pumping up Drayton and Texas forever. 

Can’t say I’m the least bit surprised that a player who opts out of playing his senior season displays erratic behavior during the recruiting process.  

3 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Can’t say I’m the least bit surprised that a player who opts out of playing his senior season displays erratic behavior during the recruiting process.  

He didn't even opt out bro.  His teammates and coaches kicked him off the team.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stork642 said:

I actually forgot he opted out. Didn't he want to come back and the team voted no, or is that just message board make believe?

57 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

So Plonksy was OK with Banks, the Pole Assassin, and a Monkey? Or did she just require more cholesterol to also approve Raymond? Hopefully that fat scissoring queen exits UT soon…

She will never leave. Why would she? Next to no expectations for performance for her to live up to, decent money, trappings of power etc etc etc

CDC doesn't have the guts to fire her and she knows it. She will be at Texas until she dies.

• Rage+1 1

I know I'm just a lowly Legacy poster here but I really am not loving the new thread title about Seven Win Steve.

The Oh No We Suck Again was pretty funny actually and it made fun of us as message board weirdos and our emotional swings.

I know the owner of this thread can do what he wants but aren't there a million other threads to hammer Sark for the losses. 

Why have the main recruiting thread harp on the same theme?

Something more original and way less pouty.

I know the thread owner likes to punch back hard and I'm cool with that when he does.

Because that's fair . . .

:)

Edited by burdine
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

Wouldn’t mind seeing Blue try his luck elsewhere. Obviously I wish we would give Major Everhart a look in that scenario, but I’d be equally interested in us going after Monroe Neville’s Ajay Allen. Kid is way underrated and it would help with other LA recruits. 

https://247sports.com/player/ajay-allen-46118313/

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, burdine said:

I know I'm just a lowly Legacy poster here but I really am not loving the new thread title about Seven Win Steve.

The Oh No We Suck Again was pretty funny actually and it made fun of us as message board weirdos and our emotional swings.

I know the owner of this thread can do what he wants but aren't there a million other threads to hammer Sark for the losses. 

Why have the main recruiting thread harp on the same theme?

Something more original and way less pouty.

I know the thread owner likes to punch back hard and I'm cool with that when he does.

Because that's fair . . .

:)

"Pouty" sounds absurd. I thought the title expressed momentum. Our man has gotten loose and is running amok now, smearing his brand of mediocrity across the land. What's not to be encouraged by there? Besides, 7 is an optimistic number. Texas is 4-5 and doesn't know it. They're going to have to beat either WVU in a frigid Morgantown or KSU with eligibility on the line (and Sarkisian doesn't appear to be a guy exuding "clutchness" when it comes to handling pressure right now), and then they'll have to win the bowl game to get to 7. Here's hoping.

I'm thinking about "Gap'em, Because Baylor Is Coming in Sideways" after this weekend. Maybe "This Next Second Half Will Be Taken Against Our Will"? Perhaps dust off the ol'Clayton Williams classic with something like "Best Just Relax & Enjoy It"? I don't know. Lot of choices. I've also been batting about something like "The #25 Class On a Bullet". 

Shoot, you guys tell me what you want. I'm feeling pretty, prettaaaayyyy upbeat with ol'Seven WinS at the helm right now.

9 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing Blue try his luck elsewhere. Obviously I wish we would give Major Everhart a look in that scenario, but I’d be equally interested in us going after Monroe Neville’s Ajay Allen. Kid is way underrated and it would help with other LA recruits. 

Sucks from a perception point as much as anything especially if he flips to Aggy. Great talent too although the mental part is clearly a red flag. Overall, would still suck. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

and by other LA recruits do you mean a certain 5 star tackle blocking for that running back?

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Sucks from a perception point as much as anything especially if he flips to Aggy. Great talent too although the mental part is clearly a red flag. Overall, would still suck. 

My guess is he looks at the carries our backs are getting and realizes it won’t get any easier for him if Owens jumps on board. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

"Pouty" sounds absurd. I thought the title expressed momentum. Our man has gotten loose and is running amok now, smearing his brand of mediocrity across the land. What's not to be encouraged by there? Besides, 7 is an optimistic number. Texas is 4-5 and doesn't know it. They're going to have to beat either WVU in a frigid Morgantown or KSU with eligibility on the line (and Sarkisian doesn't appear to be a guy exuding "clutchness" when it comes to handling pressure right now), and then they'll have to win the bowl game to get to 7. Here's hoping.

I'm thinking about "Gap'em, Because Baylor Is Coming in Sideways" after this weekend. Maybe "This Next Second Half Will Be Taken Against Our Will"? Perhaps dust off the ol'Clayton Williams classic with something like "Best Just Relax & Enjoy It"? I don't know. Lot of choices. I've also been batting about something like "The #25 Class On a Bullet". 

Shoot, you guys tell me what you want. I'm feeling pretty, prettaaaayyyy upbeat with ol'Seven WinS at the helm right now.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Barbacoa said:

My guess is he looks at the carries our backs are getting and realizes it won’t get any easier for him if Owens jumps on board. 

Yep, Bijan, KRob, J Miller would all be featured backs in 90% of backfields, and if you add Owens, that is a crowded and talented backfield. Bijan will be gone when Owens gets here. But Owens looks killer, and would probably take Blue's carries.

CHIEF

Blue leaving makes sense considering how we are just feeding Bijan every game. We haven't really had much choice in the matter, if we want to win, but Blue was sold on the idea that even with one top RB everyone else would still get to eat. He even praised us for that on twitter a few games into the season. It struck me as odd at the time because Sark is literally known for just hammering the ball to the best 2-3 guys at their respective positions over and over again. 'Spreading the love' is not exactly a mantra he endorses (for the most part).

In the games since Blue tweeted that glowing praise about 'Everyone eats at Texas" we've not really seen Brooks once, Roschon's role feels greatly diminished (stats might say otherwise) and Keilan isn't exactly getting many traditional rushes. It is what it is. Then you look at Miller popping the fuck off this season and it is completely understandable he might be feeling some buyer's remorse at the moment. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Maybe so. Does seem like a strange move right now with how Bijan is doing.

If we get Owens then yeah i would care a lot less. And this might actually help with Owens for the same reason you proposed. But idk if we will land him, hard to have confidence right now. 

2 hours ago, Cashcar said:

So Plonksy was OK with Banks, the Pole Assassin, and a Monkey? Or did she just require more cholesterol to also approve Raymond? Hopefully that fat scissoring queen exits UT soon…

I'm not going to defend the fucking idiocy or bias within our compliance department but the Raymond situation came at the worst possible time. Everything was still in the air with the sexual assault coverup investigation going on at LSU. Even a more reasonable and fair compliance team would have likely pumped the breaks on a candidate that might well be outed just a couple months later as a major player in a scandal that size.

Raymond came out of that fairly clean afaik so it should be an easier sell moving forward. Hard to imagine the new LSU coach not wanting him to say or him picking Texas even IF we could get him cleared so probably a mute point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

I'm not going to defend the fucking idiocy or bias within our compliance department but the Raymond situation came at the worst possible time. Everything was still in the air with the sexual assault coverup investigation going on at LSU. Even a more reasonable and fair compliance team would have likely pumped the breaks on a candidate that might well be outed just a couple months later as a major player in a scandal that size.

Raymond came out of that fairly clean afaik so it should be an easier sell moving forward. Hard to imagine the new LSU coach not wanting him to say or him picking Texas even IF we could get him cleared so probably a mute point. 

Maybe our newly put-in-their-place compliance would let it happen now. Sark should try. Sorry Blake. 

13 minutes ago, NoName said:

shit is happening with Blue.

was tweeting at Campbell on 10/15 about Texas and liking Texas stuff

now his last 4 follows are Courtney Fisher, Josh Henson, a shitty Aggie recruiting site and Aggie films (high schooler making edits)

Yeah the suddenness is what’s weirdest about it. Guess he really didn’t like that OSU performance? 

15 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Would we get rid of Blake or Joseph? 

idk but think I remember that Joseph and Raymond are buddies who want to work together. I’d move Joseph to S where he’s got more experience and have Raymond coach CBs

2 hours ago, Cashcar said:

Bump. 

agreed - not sure this can be reconciled. Add in Bo Davis and the comment that he couldn’t get through compliance seems silly. 

4 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

Bump. 

agreed - not sure this can be reconciled. Add in Bo Davis and the comment that he couldn’t get through compliance seems silly. 

It was already answered above. Raymond was in the middle of a major sexual assault coverup scandal at LSU. It was a non-starter with compliance even though anyone with half a fucking brain knew the investigation would get buried and none of it land on current coaches (exactly what happened btw). 

We get what we pay for. We have a worker shortage because we are paying minimum wage. This shit isn't rocket science and no matter how many coaches we fire this won't change. Blue Bloods hate to pay "the help", and until we embrace this we should get rid of Bevo and make the groundhog our damn mascot. Smash Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting