Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Just using this post to ask a question, CTJ. Did the possibility of Ewers transferring here factor into your prediction that no QB on campus now would be starting for Texas next year?

It's likely been asked before, but I'd appreciate you saving me the shitpond wade to find out.

Yes. His family had quietly let some folks know that he would be gone once the season ended. They didn’t state definitively that it would be Texas. Now it’s a street fight, I guess. 

BTW, obviously part of my network isn’t Mike Roach.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Brandon Harris tweets need to be banned the way Bobby Burton articles just were.

I think that was Ian Boyd... If Bobby Burton was as instrumental in getting NIL stuff going as claimed, someone can post audio of him farting every tenth post and I would be ok with it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes. His family had quietly let some folks know that he would be gone once the season ended. They didn’t state definitively that it would be Texas. Now it’s a street fight, I guess. 
BTW, obviously part of my network isn’t Mike Roach.  

A street fight with Tech. This is crazy lol.

30 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I think the name you're looking for is Ian Boyd.  Bobby is one of the good ones.

The best of them 

28 minutes ago, Moderator said:

I think that was Ian Boyd... If Bobby Burton was as instrumental in getting NIL stuff going as claimed, someone can post audio of him farting every tenth post and I would be ok with it. 

I’ll ask for the audio, should be it’s own thread honestly

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, FloridaHorn said:

This is what makes this board great and shitty at the same time. Last week I witnessed doom and gloom that we were offering guys like Savion because we couldn’t close or hang on to better players. Now, a higher rated player wants to come back to us, and we would rather have the same jag that we were bitching about before. Outstanding!

Have you actually watched Red's tape? Or Winfield's? 

Theres a huge difference between "better players" and "higher rated players"-- it's not a coincidence that Winfield's rating is consistently dropping and that he doesn't have many committable offers at this point. 

Sounds like you're one of the star chasers that would happily take Dele Adeyoe over Terrell Bernard, because ratings. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Askew said:

Theres a huge difference between "better players" and "higher rated players"-- it's not a coincidence that Winfield's rating is consistently dropping and that he doesn't have many committable offers at this point. 

Sounds like you're one of the star chasers that would happily take Dele Adeyoe over Terrell Bernard, because ratings. 

Reading is pretty easy, but reading comprehension is much more difficult, so I will give you a pass.

15 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Reading is pretty easy, but reading comprehension is much more difficult, so I will give you a pass.

If you had some pithy commentary or implicit meaning in your post I quoted, you may want to take anther swing at expressing it. You're not exactly Earnest Hemingway at this point in your writing career.

But go ahead and keep blaming the reader. 

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

He makes all kinds of crazy bets. He once took a perfectly useless psychopath and turned him into a successful executive. And during the same time, he turned an honest, hard-working man into a violently, deranged, would-be killer. 

And both those men were @Sydney Cartoon  it was his manifesto on the duality of man. Performance art. Brilliant. Bold. Reckless. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

And both those men were @Sydney Cartoon  it was his manifesto on the duality of man. Performance art. Brilliant. Bold. Reckless. 

Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag. My real name is Billy Ray Valentine. My other sock is Winthorp. 

the best part about HJ’s post is that he’s directly calling @closetojumping Randolph Duke. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Askew said:

The staff didn’t even offer Red until after Winfield decommitted, it’s pretty clear who they think is the better player, but I’m sure you’ve broken down the tape though.

Also, if committable offers is your argument, that does not favor Red, he barely has any offers at all, committable or not.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

He makes all kinds of crazy bets. He once took a perfectly useless psychopath and turned him into a successful executive. And during the same time, he turned an honest, hard-working man into a violently, deranged, would-be killer. 

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag. My real name is Billy Ray Valentine. My other sock is Winthrop. 

the best part about HJ’s post is that he’s directly calling @closetojumping Randolph Duke. 

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I am aware. It truly is well done. 

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

it's like a multi-level burn. 

I consider @Randolph Duke to be both an ally and perhaps this board’s single biggest weapon. I hope he finds this thread and starts to immediately take up residence. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

The staff didn’t even offer Red until after Winfield decommitted, it’s pretty clear who they think is the better player, but I’m sure you’ve broken down the tape though.

Also, if committable offers is your argument, that does not favor Red, he barely has any offers at all, committable or not.

I don’t want to intervene in the debate here other than to offer the stuff I heard this week. Winfield and Red aren’t mutually exclusive. They didn’t want to lose Winfield, although if there were to be some surge of interest from a number of better WRs, I guess that could change. As to Red, Coleman really wants him. That’s who is making the push, that’s who sees him as part of the answer. Everything I’m not saying should be telling you even more. 

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, Askew said:

I only watched one clip of red and now I'm fine. Probably has more burst than most of our roster. Still hurts my stargazing soul to take a .83 kid. He's going to kill the average. 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I consider @Randolph Duke to be both an ally and perhaps this board’s single biggest weapon. I hope he finds this thread and starts to immediately take up residence. 

You cocksucking asshole. Both for summoning that psychotic windbag and for confirming the return of Coleman. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t want to intervene in the debate here other than to offer the stuff I heard this week. Winfield and Red aren’t mutually exclusive. They didn’t want to lose Winfield, although if there were to be some surge of interest from a number of better WRs, I guess that could change. As to Red, Coleman really wants him. That’s who is making the push, that’s who sees him as part of the answer. Everything I’m not saying should be telling you even more. 

Clearly Coleman was Sark’s sponsor and has some serious dirt on Sark

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Ahh yes, I’d recognize that golden prose anywhere. I believe that’s “Elegy in Chateau Marmont” from the award-winning book of poetry by the bard of our time, Charlie Sheen, known as A Piece of My Mind. Well done. 

the last time i was at the chateau, the plumbing was all fucked up, and they opened a couple of suites to accommodate the redirected bar bathroom traffic.

considering the typical bathroom activity, that experiment was…interesting.  and quickly abandoned. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Just great. 

I actually don’t even have anything against Red (he’s just not better than Winfield), I think he’s a tough player, but Coleman being the one pushing hard for him might make me re-evaluate even that. 

Edited by Lonestar88

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sometimes I hate you so much when you make posts like this. And then I just realize you are conveying information and it’s not really you I hate but rather the information. And then I realize why Stalin liked to shoot the messenger that was the bearer of bad news. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

24 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Just great. 

I actually don’t even have anything against Red (he’s just not better than Winfield), I think he’s a tough player, but Coleman being the one pushing hard for him might make me re-evaluate even that. 

the problem is not the evaluation of Red, it's that Coleman is still around to be pushing ANY WR...

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

blink-mad-men.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

NickKnacks: Weekend recruiting notes as buzz intensifies
NICK HARRIS

Spoiler

NickKnacks: Weekend recruiting notes as buzz intensifies
NICK HARRIS

We're officially coming down the stretch before the early signing period, and the Texas coaching staff has been all over the country getting face-time with recruits in all classes now that the season is officially over.

Buzz is intensifying as we approach Dec. 15. Let's dive into some of it:

Few recruits are as quiet about their recruitment than Galena Park (Texas) North Shore five-star cornerback Denver Harris, but the picture is starting to become clearer with what he may end up doing.

The momentum behind Texas A&M and LSU in this recruitment has picked up, and the Brian Kelly hire has kept the intrigue from Harris. However, sources are beginning to indicate that the Aggies are becoming the team to beat moving forward. I don't see Texas as a threat at this point.

While Harris hasn't necessarily planned to sign on Dec. 15, he does plan to enroll early.

Humble (Texas) Atascocita four-star offensive lineman Kam Dewberry dropped a top three earlier this week featuring Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M. The Aggies have the lead, but a source close to Dewberry has said that the door is still open for Texas. A productive in-home visit helped move the needle, but there will need to be something more to get the big man to Austin.

---

The buzz around a potential flip to either Texas or Texas A&M from Humble (Texas) Summer Creek five-star offensive lineman Kelvin Banks has been very active in the last month or so, and the potential continues to have legs.

Two different sources told me on Friday that if Banks were to flip from Oregon, Texas would have the best shot. The relationship with Kyle Flood has been strong and the intrigue to play early is there. This is not something I would expect until either 24 hours before he puts pen to paper or on Signing Day itself, but it is starting to become one of the early key things to watch on Dec. 15.

---

Arlington (Texas) Seguin 2022 athlete Xavion Brice is set to take an official visit to Texas Tech this weekend and will follow it up with his official visit to Texas next week. I get the sense that Brice is hanging around to see who takes over at Oklahoma, and Bob Stoops is making sure that remains the case. That being said, the door is certainly open for both the Longhorns and Red Raiders, and Baylor has initiated interest as well. This is one I expect to stretch into February.

---

Steve Sarkisian in attendance for Shiner-Refugio on Thursday night in Victoria (Photo: Nick Harris, 247Sports)
The staff has been active in the 2023 class this week as well. On Thursday night, Steve Sarkisian and Blake Gideon were in attendance for Refugio-Shiner to see Shiner 2023 four-star athlete Dalton Brooks torch Refugio to move on to the state semifinals.

After the game, Brooks said his relationship with both are strong and that he talks to Gideon for hours at a time. Texas A&M, Penn State, Michigan and Alabama are all schools that I would keep an eye on, but the Aggies pose the biggest threat.

On Friday morning, Stan Drayton was in El Campo to meet with Rueben Owens before Steve Sarkisian flew in on a helicopter to join the conversation. I was told that the conversation with Sarkisian went well and that the Texas head coach was able to meet key family members for the first time on the trip. After Sarkisian had to take off to his next stop, Drayton stuck around and spent the afternoon in town with the five-star running back and his family. I still really like where Texas sits here.

Texas extended an offer to Klein (Texas) Forest 2023 EDGE Brad Spence this week as the coaching staff continues to expand the board in the class. Spence told me today that he was offered by linebackers coach Jeff Choate, which speaks to Spence's versatility. This is a really fun early evaluation in the 2023 class that Texas has put itself in a good position with early.

Speaking of linebackers in the class, keep an eye on Katy (Texas) Paetow 2023 linebacker Alex Kilgore. He doesn't yet hold an offer, but his junior season has put him on the radars of regional Power Fives including Texas. Jeff Choate and Jeff Banks have both been in heavy contact.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the problem is not the evaluation of Red, it's that Coleman is still around to be pushing ANY WR...

Yea man, I get it. That’s what the sarcastic “just great” was for. Just closing the loop on what started the conversation.

Edited by Lonestar88
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sometimes I hate you so much when you make posts like this. And then I just realize you are conveying information and it’s not really you I hate but rather the information. And then I realize why Stalin liked to shoot the messenger that was the bearer of bad news. 

Ivan Drago Reaction GIF

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting