Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

So we are fucked?

It's close. I'm in the camp of waiting on what the response will be -if there is any- from the Texas side. See where we're really at. But no, it doesn't look very good. SEC is in this state. Gunna have to get with it or GTFO.

I mean I don't see this as "we're fucked." They still think we land a studly OL haul, 65% on Anderson, likely a sick WR class, etc. Might we miss on a few like Harris that otherwise would've landed? Yeah, but it's not like we're stuck with a bunch of 3 stars now. And if/when we start winning, we move to another level. Plus, NIL is coming which could change the game completely.

Curious to hear ctj's thoughts on Harris. He's been pretty adamant on Harris->Texas but also wary of the bags becoming a factor which now appears likely.

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

My only hope is that A&M’s blatant and rampant cheating will cause the necessary parties connected to our program to wake the fuck up and start to play the game. Not real optimistic about that one though. 

From what Sydney and CTJ say, we have to hope the young crowd tells the blue hairs to stfu and there "clean" holier than thou way doesn't work anymore and bitch slap them into the 21st century.

Paraphrasing of course.

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

My only hope is that A&M’s blatant and rampant cheating will cause the necessary parties connected to our program to wake the fuck up and start to play the game. Not real optimistic about that one though. 

I'm hoping they've been some timid assed pussies, and that this shit is what wakes them up. Being proactive would be the better plan, but I'm curious to see what the response is with this situation, as it seems to be one to highlight. Response, or lack of one, will tell us something.

Edited by UncleBuck

(Steve Wiltfong) Inside five-star LB Harold Perkins official visit to Texas

Spoiler

Wherever Harold Perkins elects to play his college football, perhaps the most important element the Top247’s No.1 ranked linebacker is basing his decision off of is which program will allow him to truly be himself while playing the game he loves.

“I want to be me,” the outgoing Perkins stated. “Wherever I go I want to be me. I want to have fun. I want to feel I can play with the crowd, talk to them, have fun. It ain’t football if you ain’t having fun with it.

With that, the five-star out of Cypress (Texas) Cy Park believes he can have fun at Texas.

Perkins took his official visit to Austin over the weekend as the Longhorns battle the likes of Texas A&M, LSU, Florida, Oregon and Alabama for his eventual signature.

“It was fun,” Perkins said. “Just hanging out with the guys and the scheme they got, I love the scheme they got for me. It’s what I want to do. It’s crazy because I never told them how I want to be used and they told me how they want to use me so that told me I can do this. I’m going to be like a nickel guy, they were telling me it’s basically their Star position and he makes all the calls on the defense, and all the calls come from him depending on how they come out and the receivers and the splits. They were telling me they don’t have any guys that are all in one package.”

What Steve Sarkisian and his staff meant by that is they don’t have a player in the second level that can cover in space, while also being able crash down against the run or be a pass rusher with the athleticism to get home and make a play. The 6-foot-2 1/2, 200-pound Perkins certainly checks all those boxes.

“I fell in love with the scheme,” Perkins added.

He believes in Sarkisian and the staff too.

“I mess with Sark,” Perkins said. “I think he hung around (Nick) Saban a lot. When I talk to Saban he don’t mumble and stumble and make mistakes when he’s talking. I noticed that with Sark too. They’re very careful in their words. They don’t second guess themselves. They’re just professional. I think that’s really good. Sark I also like his energy. I told him in college I want to be free. I don’t want to be handcuffed, I just want to go out and do what I do. At the end of the day I’m wild, I just want to have fun and play. He told me he’ll let me do that. He told me remember that one play at Bama where Devonta Smith and Jerry Jeudy were doing paper rock scissors to see who would get the ball next. He told me Saban didn’t like that because he thought they were making fun of the other team but they were having fun. I seen that and remember that.

“The defensive staff they love me, I felt the love. I felt it was real. I can tell the difference between real and fake. My mom raised me that way. My mom felt it was real and she told me she loved it.”

Perkins uncle Alvin Walton also made the visit.

“It was enjoyable,” Walton said. “Really nice people. Like I told you before he liked how they’re going to utilize him in their defense. They treated us nice. Everything they showed him is what he’s looking for.”

Perkins took his first official to Texas A&M the weekend of June 4. He took an unofficial to LSU after that. Future official that are scheduled include Florida and Oregon in the fall. He plans to get back to Texas on an unofficial down the road.

“I saw how they’re rebuilding their stadium and they have a lot of stuff for athletes,” Perkins said. “I just want to see when it’s done. They said Aug. 2. I’m going to go back and check it out.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Isn’t Harris still supposed go on his OV to us this weekend? I’m not going to admit defeat in that recruitment just because he decided to grab a bag from Karen on a Wednesday. I’ll hold off on panicking until next week. 
The Anderson stuff seems like bad timing for us, hopefully the staff can get him to move that OV so that it’s longer than one day. 

Just now, TXRed said:

I’m not going to admit defeat in that recruitment just because he decided to grab a bag from Karen on a Wednesday

It's not defeat, but it's showing that A&M's playing with guns, while we fear our guys are checking the tracking on that knock-off knife they ordered off of Wish.

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

From what Sydney and CTJ say, we have to hope the young crowd tells the blue hairs to stfu and there "clean" holier than thou way doesn't work anymore and bitch slap them into the 21st century.

9 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I'm hoping they've been some timid assed pussies, and that this shit is what wakes them up. Being proactive would be the better plan, but I'm curious to see what the response is with this situation, as it seems to be one to highlight. Response, or lack of one, will tell us something.

the princess bride queue GIF

I wouldn't expect the "young" crowd to engage at all and you can thank CDC for that. 

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

What did CDC do to piss off the "young" crowd?  Does he need to do more jello shots in left field?

Even if he did piss them off a bit, that's no excuse for the younger money crowd to abandon the fucking program.

Honestly I don't see the connection there, and would call BS on that being anywhere close to the reason. This type of thing goes around CDC. CDC shouldn't be that close to this.

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

Even if he did piss them off a bit, that's no excuse for the younger money crowd to abandon the fucking program.

Honestly I don't see the connection there, and would call BS on that being anywhere close to the reason. This type of thing goes around CDC. CDC shouldn't be that close to this.

That’s because they’re bitches.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

I agree with the first point but not the second point. Just because CDC shouldn't be involved in an activity does not imply that his actions elsewhere won't affect the willingness of others to participate in said activity.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TotallyLegit said:

I agree with the first point but not the second point. Just because CDC shouldn't be involved in an activity does not imply that his actions elsewhere won't affect the willingness of others to participate in said activity.

I'm not saying it couldn't, and/or wouldn't... I'm just not thinking that would be a big enough reason to vehemently refuse to take measures that can greatly help in stopping the program's 10yr+ long bleeding . But if they're that big of some bitches as Sydney's saying, then consider me wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Much like gravity you don't have to believe in it for it to be true. I don't really want to get into it all over again and I don't really care one way or the other what people believe. I'll just say what I said before - don't expect the younger crew to engage. 

If things look bleak after we've shot our wad, then we will have cause for concern. 

Just like it seemed like we led for everyone after last weekend, things will swing in  with the guys we bring in this weekend.

Even if we had all the momentum at this point, it wouldn't matter that much if we look like shit during the season. 

If they refuse to play the game because they don’t like CDC and let aggy buy a championship, they’re complete pieces of shit who never deserve to have a voice in the room for the rest of their lives. Their names should be passed along to every AD and coach we have in the future to ensure they never forget what their pathetic bullshit led to.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

The IT mods chose to have a Q&A before the massive 2022 recruiting weekend. Sets up for a prime underpromise, overdeliver scenario while also building in insurance for things completely falling apart (which is always on the table given the last 10 years).

like half silk, half cotton, half linen... how can you go wrong?!

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Didn't take you pussies long to start whining and crying about recruiting again after we just had a really good weekend, and we likely we have another one upcoming. Man up bitches, these kids are going to visit other schools besides Texas.

who is that GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TXRed said:

Too bad it was ASU that got caught hosting recruits during the dead period instead of Jimbo. That would have been hilarious. 

they will not be the only ones who get ding'd for this, just the first.

i believe CTJ said TAMU was hosting recruits at Jimbo's ranch.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting