Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, PHLaggie said:

Sounds like Evan Stewart is spending multiple days in College Station this week; was there yesterday and is there today too and maybe tomorrow?

If he thinks THAT offense is a ticket to the NFL, he needs his head examined. Not sure we need such a fucking moron on our squad.

3 hours ago, JBJ said:

The average endorsement earnings for an NFL player is about $2,700.  

Even that is very heavily weighted toward the top ~15 or so players.

i bet the average endorsement earnings for a guy on the 2 deep at a top 25 program is more than that.

3 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The states are allowing basically anything so far, but the NCAA is hopelessly appealing to the supreme court/congress to restrict the states. Once the SCOTUS ruling is handed down, expect the NCAA to pass restrictions greater than the current, which is pretty toothless and generic. 

What likely happens is a monetary cap on the engagement type. So, (these are arbitrary) max 1k for a Twitter post, 10k for autograph signing, 25k for a commercial, etc. The engagements themselves, or "proof of work" will be a big component to avoid 300k for showing up on campus. 

The stars will reap the most benefit from the Texas brand. For example, those Capital One mascot commercials would almost certainly be full of athletes if created this upcoming season. Something like 12 mascots were apart of the commercial, including Texas, consisting of the most prominent national brands. This is the lucrative opportunity. Additionally, without a pro sports team in Austin, the visibility of the brand and ease of contracting players will create more demand for engagements than...say...Miami where they'll be competing with an NFL and MLB team (Marlins and Dolphins also using opendorse). 

If we wanted to play by the letter of current law, the pitch to recruits is to piggyback your personal brand on the most lucrative brand in college sports. In addition to very lucrative opportunities to use your NIL thanks to the Texas brand,  a steady flow of engagement opportunities will be available to you that would not be available in smaller or more crowded markets. While Georgia is pushing a lump sum payday, Texas can push a wealth building strategy. I think the market will ultimately do a lot of the heavy lifting in providing these opportunities, but there's a place for small business owners and fans as well. Then the bag is a tool, not an obstruction. 

Double Tap Yes GIF by Major League Soccer

31 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This is what I posted if you missed it. But Texas really did do a great job with Brown on his OV.

Brown loved the visit. It sounds like Texas really knocked it out of the park and really put themselves in a good position to land the talented OLB prospect…

It's amazing how fresh his writing remains even on a second reading. It's nice to see a professional writer striving to hit every paragraph out of the park to put himself in a good position with his readers to land their subscriptions. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

Sounds like Evan Stewart is spending multiple days in College Station this week; was there yesterday and is there today too and maybe tomorrow?

Evan Stewart going to A&M will be the worst 5* decision since Demas went to A&M and had the worst season by a 5* WR ever.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sportsbay said:

Negative, this will be a return to unlimmited scholarships but for a reason beyond the 85 limit.  For programs like The University of Texas which is in a large metro area with no pro sports,  Austin has a huge and growing corporate base as well as a large Alumni base and fanbase. With the high numbers of players in the portal, the walk on programs could be huge for the schools with a solid NIL program.    Texas is about to return to the 60's and 70' type dominance of long ago.  Aggy on the otherhand is still going to be dunkin turds at the chicken.

Football Sport GIF by Major League Soccer

2 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

Hopefully they'll be able to get his car working soon. Poor kid. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Like Burt Macklin, some of us aren't just speculating when it comes to thoughts on influencer marketing, PR, branding, endorsements, events, etc. Some of you guys reductively playing the "only the best players will benefit" canard and then acting as though there's not a lot of money to go around in the social media place, even locally, look like fucking idiots on this thread right now.

this is just what i don't understand. there is a shitload of money out there right now, and i guarantee you there is some guy deep on the roster that has charisma, is interesting and can leverage that to make some money. it doesn't have to be top of the roster money, but people don't think Kai Money can make a couple of grand a month?

this is going to be a huge trickle down from the top of the roster to the bottom. let's use Jett Bush as another example - he had scholarship offers elsewhere, but if Texas can grab say 2 of those guys a year and as part of their walk on package offer some actual money off the field then they should be able to be get more/better walk ons. Not like Nebraska during it's heyday, but you don't have to get a ton of them for it to pay off.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I know a Twitch streamer who has a consistent audience of 200-300 people and he's making like 10k a month off subs, donations, advertising, and partnerships. That's with Twitch taking half of the cost of the subs away.

i know folks who are doing it and not making that much, but making more than enough for it to be their actual "job"

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

All those guys could make 6 figures if they have a good rep who’s actively searching for marketing opportunities for them. Just stop and think about brand sponsorships, paid IG posts, apparel shoots, autograph sessions, twitch, YouTube, cameo, etc., plus camps, speaking opportunities, appearances. There’s a ton of money to be made if this is done correctly by the school/player.

The real challenge will be balancing all that with still being fully committed and focused on football.  

And it will also show just how criminal the NCAA’s arbitrary and pointless prohibitions of this revenue has been. Fuck the NCAA. 

naw, that is where the school's program really maximizes and pays for itself. proven results, while letting you maximize yourself on the field has huge value.

Edited by NoName

23 minutes ago, NoName said:

this is just what i don't understand. there is a shitload of money out there right now, and i guarantee you there is some guy deep on the roster that has charisma, is interesting and can leverage that to make some money. it doesn't have to be top of the roster money, but people don't think Kai Money can make a couple of grand a month?

this is going to be a huge trickle down from the top of the roster to the bottom. let's use Jett Bush as another example - he had scholarship offers elsewhere, but if Texas can grab say 2 of those guys a year and as part of their walk on package offer some actual money off the field then they should be able to be get more/better walk ons. Not like Nebraska during it's heyday, but you don't have to get a ton of them for it to pay off.

Deestroying was ass at UCF but chose YT over CFB now he’s worth a couple mill because he puts out entertaining content. 

someone on It said it and I agree with him hot female athletes will benefit the most from this. The amount of thirsty dudes out there is insane. 

51 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

I recall @closetojumping mentioning in a previous post to watch out for a mid week visit to atm by evans. 

not good. Hoping he may have more context on this now that it has happened 

Denver Harris was who I mentioned, mostly because he's legitimately told them and everyone else that he's not interested in them. If something occurred to change that opinion and he showed up there in midweek, not good. Stewart's different because his dad is running his recruitment and flat out expects to get paid. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I know a Twitch streamer who has a consistent audience of 200-300 people and he's making like 10k a month off subs, donations, advertising, and partnerships. That's with Twitch taking half of the cost of the subs away.

I work in the industry and there are already these shitty mobile games like Raid: Shadow Legends that will HAPPILY pay streamers who get 500-2,000 concurrent viewers, which is mid-sized, solid but nothing special, upwards of $5,000 for a couple sponsored streams for two hours at a time or so. There's not a 1:1 correlation since there does have to be an audience for it, and superstar athletes that will stream on Twitch don't get amazing viewership (Anthony Davis, Paul George, etc) but there's definitely going to be something there. 

Still no NIL thread on this board? Fuck it, @immamac can clean this post up later.

It seems to me that if UT was smart they would hire or ensure the folks they are working with have some form of gaming/twitch/whatever expert that could create/facilitate a UT player gamer network and then pimp all of the folks under that umbrella to small or mid-sized twitch deals for that kind of thing. The UT "clan" for lack of a better term will draw the interest and boost the subs/viewership #s of the players, because naturally our network of young alums or current students might be interested in joining or viewing some players play games. Then with those numbers, they turn around and get small or medium sponsorship. 

The irony here is that if there are some non super star or depth players that have a good personality and are good at gaming they could actually use this as a platform to turn this into a career. Texas, Fuck Yeah. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The unintended consequences of this NIL stuff is going to be amazing. Like, what happens if a coach wants to process some kid? Do they put the word out to the boosters to cut him off? Or do scholarship numbers even matter if you are making enough money to pay for it yourself? Why would you sign an LOI and be beholden to a school when you can be a perpetual free agent? Remember when Ricky Williams wasn't on scholarship because he played pro baseball in the Summer? This is going to create such as chasm between the haves and the have nots in college football, like we've never seen before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

Just catching up but can anyone shed some light on why Stone is needed at all - much less a scholarship K/P? With a PWO K, a P, and LS already in the 3 year rolling class...   I'd much rather have that counter at OL, CB, etc ... 

Bert Auburn (PWO 2021) ::

KICKOFFS

Distance: 77.00 yards – Hang time: 3.61

Distance: 76.00 yards – Hang time: 3.71

Distance: 72.00 yards – Hang time: 3.21

AVERAGE DISTANCE: 75.00 YARDS  |  AVERAGE HANG TIME: 3.51 SECONDS

Will Stone (scholarship 2022)  ::

KICKOFFS

Distance: 60.00 yards – Hang time: 3.67

Distance: 59.00 yards – Hang time: 3.48

Distance: 59.00 yards – Hang time: 3.54

AVERAGE DISTANCE: 59.33 YARDS  |  AVERAGE HANG TIME: 3.56 SECONDS

Will Stone's Punting stats  ::

PUNTS

Distance: 33.00 yards – Hang time: 3.53

Distance: 29.00 yards – Hang time: 3.56

Distance: 29.00 yards – Hang time: 3.62

AVERAGE DISTANCE: 30.33 YARDS  |  AVERAGE HANG TIME: 3.57 SECONDS

To get it back to recruiting, I think the numbers we’re willing to take in the transfer market have made it pretty clear we’re willing to play some games with class counters and signee limits. I’ll be surprised if this kicker or the LS actually ends up counting under either metric, but we’ll see. 

13 minutes ago, Teryor said:

I work in the industry and there are already these shitty mobile games like Raid: Shadow Legends that will HAPPILY pay streamers who get 500-2,000 concurrent viewers, which is mid-sized, solid but nothing special, upwards of $5,000 for a couple sponsored streams for two hours at a time or so. There's not a 1:1 correlation since there does have to be an audience for it, and superstar athletes that will stream on Twitch don't get amazing viewership (Anthony Davis, Paul George, etc) but there's definitely going to be something there. 

I was playing a game offline with Shroud that he doesn't stream because it makes his viewers plummet but he was telling me and some of my friends that he made like 20 million off his Mixer/Facebook deal and that Facebook paid it in full when they bought Mixer from Microsoft. 

8 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The unintended consequences of this NIL stuff is going to be amazing. Like, what happens if a coach wants to process some kid? Do they put the word out to the boosters to cut him off? Or do scholarship numbers even matter if you are making enough money to pay for it yourself? Why would you sign an LOI and be beholden to a school when you can be a perpetual free agent? Remember when Ricky Williams wasn't on scholarship because he played pro baseball in the Summer? This is going to create such as chasm between the haves and the have nots in college football, like we've never seen before.

Good. We win. And if it blows up the NCAA in current form and we re-form a 64 team conference with the top heavy teams and implement new rules and ceilings about cheating, well ok. 

But I happily concede that no one can predict the outcomes of chaos. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I was playing a game offline with Shroud that he doesn't stream because it makes his viewers plummet but he was telling me and some of my friends that he made like 20 million off his Mixer/Facebook deal and that Facebook paid it in full when they bought Mixer from Microsoft. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d550bd5b27d8b17842

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yep, it was basically a Malzahn deal where you get a huge buyout, except he was able to double dip with his deal going back to Twitch as opposed to it offsetting. Of course, he and Ninja were literally the only ones who were able to benefit like that. 

1 minute ago, Teryor said:

Yep, it was basically a Malzahn deal where you get a huge buyout, except he was able to double dip with his deal going back to Twitch as opposed to it offsetting. Of course, he and Ninja were literally the only ones who were able to benefit like that. 

Yeah it's super rare. He said he just put all that cash into various savings accounts and just lives off the money he currently makes on Twitch.  

The Evans recruitment to me feels like it's going to end up like Jalen Waddle.  According to ears to the streets on his podcast from a few weeks ago mentioned that Waddle had given Texas a silent during the spring of his junior year.  He then started taking visits and it was down to the highest bidder.  Evans feels the same way.  I really hope Sark and the boosters have figured out a way to get his dad paid.  We cannot let talent like that go out of state.  At this point, the NCAA does give a fuck... we need to get his dad paid and let him take advantage of the NIL stuff.  

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Denver Harris was who I mentioned, mostly because he's legitimately told them and everyone else that he's not interested in them. If something occurred to change that opinion and he showed up there in midweek, not good. Stewart's different because his dad is running his recruitment and flat out expects to get paid. 

And so it begins…

1 minute ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Karen dropped a bag

Screenshot_20210615-145559.jpg

10 minutes ago, victory88 said:

The Evans recruitment to me feels like it's going to end up like Jalen Waddle.  According to ears to the streets on his podcast from a few weeks ago mentioned that Waddle had given Texas a silent during the spring of his junior year.  He then started taking visits and it was down to the highest bidder.  Evans feels the same way.  I really hope Sark and the boosters have figured out a way to get his dad paid.  We cannot let talent like that go out of state.  At this point, the NCAA does give a fuck... we need to get his dad paid and let him take advantage of the NIL stuff.  

Did I miss something where "the Evans" became a running thing on this site? I've seen several posters doing this.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Y'all need to pay more attention to CTJ, Aggie isn't going to go away quietly they're in hail mary mode and will do anything right now. 

They're not in hail mary mode. That implies a last gasp effort at something. They're building a complex cheating machine and they're going to do anything because right now they can and there aren't any consequences. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

https://www.livingly.com/The+Highest+Paid+Social+Media+Influencers

Here is a list of what just social media earners can make.

Dang ... I am doing this all wrong with Traces of Texas. Having said that, I notice that most of them are young women with great bodies.  How do y'all think I'd look with fake boobs?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Now you're just baiting everyone on this forum to "username checks out" you at every opportunity, aren't you?

I didn't ask this on the football board, sir...seriously, wasn't sure where I missed it. Typically follow this and the '23 thread fairly closely, but must've glossed right over it.

11 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Dang ... I am doing this all wrong with Traces of Texas. Having said that, I notice that most of them are young women with great bodies.  How do y'all think I'd look with fake boobs?

Not sure if you're part of the half of this website this applies to or not, but I'll ask anyway: You looking at a reduction?

22 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Christ. Here we go. The Harvdog of DFW has made an appearance.

Prepare yourselves for updates about "what a wonderful young man this Jordan Hudson is". I can just see the tales of new friendship springing to life as Knoxtnhorn's shadowy figure can be spotted vaguely nearby, lurking, watching Hudson mingle with the cool crowd, all the while urging, nay, begging his son to go introduce himself and see if they can all be best friends. 

Free rent 24/7/365

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting