Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

8 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Geez, what the hell happened to our photoshoots?

You think our official photographers don't know how to keep the background framed properly? Look at the post below yours, or Dewberry's earlier Tweets. That pic was probably taken by his family.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Then you obviously increase your offer to $160k. You don't think we'll be beholden to the SEC unwritten rules of a max over the table offer, do you? 

The value of a players name, image, and likeness is relative to the player. Texas is not selling Booster contributions to the NIL slush fund. They're presenting the opportunity to develop your brand under the Texas brand which comes with more visibility and increases the value of a player's NIL. They still have to perform at a high level to build their own value. 

The best thing that can happen is current players start making real money and evangelizing. We'll start to see what opportunities the admin has already lined up (in the NIL Tinder app they've talked about), but what we're seeing now is all entrepreneurial, imo. 

You think our official photographers don't know how to keep the background framed properly? Look at the post below yours, or Dewberry's earlier Tweets. That pic was probably taken by his family.

That was an official photo. Or at least the strobe fired, so I’m assuming it’s Lange shooting. I don’t think they care as much about the background. It’s mostly about what they are doing. You could extend the background in photoshop but I don’t think they care.

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I hate to break it to you, but Kix cereal is not/was not sugary at all. It has no taste. My mom brought it home once and we were pissed. Your parents lied to you. 

And you’re probably adopted. 

Exactly. This exact same thing happened to us and we damned near rioted. Then my fat little brother just ate the whole box the next day after school while I was at football/baseball/basketball practice and the problem was solved, but still. 

5 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

You and CTJ should start a “forced to each shitty cereal as a kid” support group.

I don’t need a support group, sir. I self-medicate by buying my kids at least 2 boxes of the good shit when I do the shopping. We’re at a point now where my wife virtually insists on going to the grocery store herself because she can’t handle the Chocolate Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Churros I keep bringing home. 

You keep enjoying your Special K and Cheerios, and leave the Oh’s and Cap’n Crunchberries to the people who know what to do with them. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Golfclap would approve of circa-2001 437 pound Geoff Ketchum replacing Stan Drayton. Hed rehire Charlie Strong as HC if it meant dumping Stan Drayton. 

So my dad either had a stroke or his fall caused internal brain bleeding which ended up making it equivalent to a stroke. It’s a pretty bad deal all the way around, but there is some funny stuff related to it. 

Me “dad- who is the Texas head coach”

Him- “Charlie strong”

me- what do you think of Charlie strong?

him- terrible. Why did we hire him?

me- you think Tom Herman would do better?

him- no. Hate his stupid face. And the way he sips at his water.
Me- Dad did you know we hired Tom Herman and he coached for 4 years?

dad- yeah he sucked too. 
me- what about sark?

dad- he a drunk?  Cam Dewberry rode on my bus- he broke seat. Big kid. Idiot. 
me- well I think he’s gonna be an aggy

dad- sounds about right- he’s an idiot. 

me- ok dad. Get some sleep. Love You. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Sybil (Sydney's wife): Hey, honey did you hear that Dr. Miller just bought his wife a G class SUV. I saw his wife walking her dog and she says she absolutely loves the car.

Sydney: Yeah, that is a sweet ride, but I really prefer your classic purple Focus.

Sybil (Sydney's wife): Well, the car is nice and I really do appreciate it but, I'm getting a little old driving it to work. Our other old neighbors just bought a vacation home in the Keys and as a gift, the wife bought him that 38' Fountain fishing boat that he has always dreamed of. I wish we could retire like that. What happened to our retirement?

Sydney: We got Bear.

Sybil (Sydney's wife): Bear. What Bear? Where is this Bear?

Sydney: Well, he is at East Mississippi Community College, now. Do you want to see him?

Listen. I would never, EVER say “sweet ride” in a non-ironic fashion. 

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Exactly. This exact same thing happened to us and we damned near rioted. Then my fat little brother just ate the whole box the next day after school while I was at football/baseball/basketball practice and the problem was solved, but still. 

I don’t need a support group, sir. I self-medicate by buying my kids at least 2 boxes of the good shit when I do the shopping. We’re at a point now where my wife virtually insists on going to the grocery store herself because she can’t handle the Chocolate Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Churros I keep bringing home. 

You keep enjoying your Special K and Cheerios, and leave the Oh’s and Cap’n Crunchberries to the people who know what to do with them. 

Trix all day. 

45 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The value of a players name, image, and likeness is relative to the player. Texas is not selling Booster contributions to the NIL slush fund. They're presenting the opportunity to develop your brand under the Texas brand which comes with more visibility and increases the value of a player's NIL. They still have to perform at a high level to build their own value. 

The best thing that can happen is current players start making real money and evangelizing. We'll start to see what opportunities the admin has already lined up (in the NIL Tinder app they've talked about), but what we're seeing now is all entrepreneurial, imo. 

Uh, this is absolutely what we should be fucking doing. It’s legal. I’ve laid out easy ways to do it several times here. It wouldn’t be a slush fund per se, all you need is a ton of individual boosters with companies hiring players. We should be selling it as “boosters are going to line up to hire you to do promotional work.”   

every one of these kids should get a SAG card. Or whatever the commercial equivalent is, if there is one. And every time GSD@M shoots a commercial there should be a red shirt freshman or someone in there getting paid a couple grand to do it. Etc etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

You and CTJ should start a “forced to each shitty cereal as a kid” support group.

Don’t lump me in with him. My mom bought the good cereal all but that one time.

And I don’t have a man bun, nor do I fool myself about being middle-aged. 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

That was an official photo. Or at least the strobe fired, so I’m assuming it’s Lange shooting. I don’t think they care as much about the background. It’s mostly about what they are doing. You could extend the background in photoshop but I don’t think they care.

That's a fair point. At least it's not a final edit in any case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Don’t lump me in with him. My mom bought the good cereal all but that one time.

And I don’t have a man bun, nor do I fool myself about being middle-aged. 

That hurts, sir. 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Admission my omission here makes me think that you are 5’4” like him, however. 

You can keto all you want, but I’ll still have 3 steps on you in the 40 in September before I collapse at the finish line in cardiac arrest. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen. I would never, EVER say “sweet ride” in a non-ironic fashion. 

This guy will deny this, but about a year after we hired him out of college and he got a raise, Sydney bought a fucking rice rocket Lexus, cobalt blue with a spoiler, and rode it around town as his actual “sweet ride”. Watching that gangly motherfucker tear into the parking garage in this tiny vehicle and then seeing his gangly self spill out of the car once parked was one of the more hilarious things I’ve witnessed in a work setting. Other Jarrod looking bastard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just like there’s “Farmhouse Chic” with brand new cabinets that look a hundred years old and jeans ripped to holy hell off the rack, there’s this trend in photography to be not perfect/off center, owning the staging and artificiality of it all and revealing the backdrop and lights, etc. If you’re smart, you take a few centered up in front of the background, then a few for fun. We’re seeing a lot of the “fun” shots.

Now, back to the cereal talk.

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Uh, this is absolutely what we should be fucking doing. It’s legal. I’ve laid out easy ways to do it several times here. It wouldn’t be a slush fund per se, all you need is a ton of individual boosters with companies hiring players. We should be selling it as “boosters are going to line up to hire you to do promotional work.”   

every one of these kids should get a SAG card. Or whatever the commercial equivalent is, if there is one. And every time GSD@M shoots a commercial there should be a red shirt freshman or someone in there getting paid a couple grand to do it. Etc etc. 

aggy has made “Uncle Red buying kids F250s again” jokes for years…now we can literally do that 

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This guy will deny this, but about a year after we hired him out of college and he got a raise, Sydney bought a fucking rice rocket Lexus, cobalt blue with a spoiler, and rode it around town as his actual “sweet ride”. Watching that gangly motherfucker tear into the parking garage in this tiny vehicle and then seeing his gangly self spill out of the car once parked was one of the more hilarious things I’ve witnessed in a work setting. Other Jarrod looking bastard. 

image.gif.6b0b60ff9f13d854f060f1a20dc75192.gif

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

But I never SAID “my sweet ride.”

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

What? Y’all don’t like the LHN? It’s great, you can watch Lowell Galindo whenever you want to! They even had 4 hours of coaches corner with Vic Schaefer on during NSD! 

I remember back before we cut the cord and actually had LHN. They once aired this replay of a game where Texas played USC back in like '06. That game was fucking nuts. Not sure if you guys have ever caught it on there or not.

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

What? Y’all don’t like the LHN? It’s great, you can watch Lowell Galindo whenever you want to! They even had 4 hours of coaches corner with Vic Schaefer on during NSD! 

What I'd like to see them doing is running out the equivalent of a broadcast school for players who think they can get into broadcasting and feather them in all over the place. 

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

We called him Tokyo Drift for years. 

hey now, if you are going to hate on Tokyo Drift, we are going to have a problem.

if you are just hating on Sydney that is another thing and we will all continue to pile on

Speeding Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

14 minutes ago, NoName said:

hey now, if you are going to hate on Tokyo Drift, we are going to have a problem.

if you are just hating on Sydney that is another thing and we will all continue to pile on

Speeding Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

I mean it's both. How the fuck do you pile on someone while still respecting the source material? You going to tell me my wife is ugly next, but it will be ok because you said with all due respect? 

"You're as clueless as Tom Herman trying to compliment someone. All due respect to Tom Herman though."

Also, that car was pretty awesome. I did hate that fucking spoiler though. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

That hurts, sir. 

You can keto all you want, but I’ll still have 3 steps on you in the 40 in September before I collapse at the finish line in cardiac arrest. 

Good thing we have nurses here making 6'figs to revive you.

I'll bring the AED.

If they can make money off of their names and likeness, can they hire a manager/ agent to represent them for money making opportunities?

Obviously most players won’t make shit but if you are a top player there is real money to be made on appearances and on social media. 

(Gerry Hamilton) Where Texas top targets are visiting this week

Spoiler

This weekend in Austin will rival last weekend. While the class of 2023 will not be represented like last weekend with Arch Manning, Rueben Owens and many of the top junior targets in Austin, the class of 2022 will take center stage this weekend with many top targets headed to Austin.

Important to note that these lists are fluid.

Texas official visitors June 18-20:
QB Maalik Murphy, Junipero Serra (CA)
RB Jaydon Blue, Klein Cain
RB Tavorus Jones, El Paso Burges
WR Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty
WR Brenen Thompson, Spearman ***unofficial***
WR Shazz Preston, St. James (LA)
WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville
WR C.J. Williams, Mater Dei (CA)
OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek
OG/C Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake
DT Kristopher Ross, North Shore
LB Trevell Johnson, Arlington Martin
S B.J. Allen, Aledo
CB Terrance Brooks, Little Elm
CB Denver Harris, North Shore

Alabama:
RB Jamarion Miller, Tyler Legacy
DB Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook

Oklahoma:
OT Malik Agbo, Todd Beamer (WA)
OT Cameron Williams, Duncanville
OG Cole Hutson, Frisco
OLB Ish Harris, Pilot Point
OLB Harold Perkins, Cy Park ***Unofficial***
S Austin Jordan, Denton Ryan

Texas A&M:
OT Kam Dewberry, Atascocita
OT/G Neto Umeozulu, Allen
DT Aaron Bryant, Southhaven (MS)

Notre Dame:
LB Sebastian Cheeks, Evanston Township (IL)

USC:
DT Bear Alexander, Denton Ryan ***Maybe***

Baylor:
LB Jeremy Patton, Tenaha

Oklahoma State:
OT Jacob Sexton, Deer Creek (OK) ***June 16-18***

Arizona State:
TE Arlis Boardingham, Birmingham (CA)

Texas Tech:
OT Cameron Williams, Duncanville ***June 15-17***
EDGE/DE Derrick Brown, Texas High

SMU:
WR Jordan Hudson, Garland

Michigan:
DL Justice Finkley, Hewitt-Trussville (AL)

Wisconsin:
TE Tommy McIntosh, Dewitt (MI)
DT K.J. Miles, St. Peters prep (NJ)

Colorado:
RB DeAnthony Gatson, Newton

UCF:
LB T.J. Dudley, Montgomery Catholic (AL)

13 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

If they can make money off of their names and likeness, can they hire a manager/ agent to represent them for money making opportunities?

Obviously most players won’t make shit but if you are a top player there is real money to be made on appearances and on social media. 

Per rumors, Texas is adopting a platform that will act as a digital broker platform for opportunities for players. I hope that's true and not fantasyland, but it would remove the need for some guys to get agents. The offers would go directly to kids.

The way you maximize the NIL is to find creative ways to make it profitable for the regular guys who aren't top players. You maximize it top to bottom, THATS how you get this thing to sing. Evan Stewart is a self made tik tik star, he's going to explode with this one way or another. You find creative ways to get the entire OL room paid a few thousand each semester for a hot dog eating contest at some event. You make everyone happy. 

Also, and I'm sure Texas is handling and aware of this, but they'd better be explaining and setting things up for education and understanding of their tax obligations, because what we don't need is a ton of fucking kids realizing they owe 15k to the IRS they don't have at the end of each ear and bemoaning Texas for letting this happen. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 8

image.png

What could be better than college athletes hiring slave labor in foreign countries to make popular clothers at a 1000% markup?

image.png.203f65d3468fe11e22e5b45ec79626cd.png

And then the boosters buy it up. The original arguments for NIL always used examples who were Heisman candidates or other stars. I'm sure a second team offensive tackle's likeness was worth a fortune. Well, now it can be!

On any other thread, I'd worry about  derailing. This thread thrives on derailments. Polynesian ties, brisket arguments, whether a player from six years ago was as good as one from three years ago.

Can't say I like this development. There was a reason I gave up watching pro sports and stuck to college.

Oh well. Train don't care if I like the track it's on.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Per rumors, Texas is adopting a platform that will act as a digital broker platform for opportunities for players. I hope that's true and not fantasyland, but it would remove the need for some guys to get agents. The offers would go directly to kids.

This has been confirmed by the University - they're using Opendorse (opendorse.com)

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The way you maximize the NIL is to find creative ways to make it profitable for the regular guys who aren't top players. You maximize it top to bottom, THATS how you get this thing to sing. Evan Stewart is a self made tik tik star, he's going to explode with this one way or another. You find creative ways to get the entire OL room paid a few thousand each semester for a hot dog eating contest at some event. You make everyone happy. 

Exactly correct. 

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So, I’m brainstorming around this and think this is the exact play for me to get involved with personally. 
Here’s my question for you and the board:

how little money would it take to make this seem like a win for the non star players if you are talking about a couple hours of light work?  They gonna be interested in a grand?  10 grand?  50 grand?  

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, I’m brainstorming around this and think this is the exact play for me to get involved with personally. 

how little money would it take to make this seem like a win for the non star players if you are talking about a couple hours of light work?  They gonna be interested in a grand?  10 grand?  50 grand?  

The market will determine. But in these stages, the key is just to start giving them opportunities. Dudes get hundred dollar hand shakes after good games. I don't think anyone is going to turn down a grand for a couple hours of light work. That's a lot of cash to a college student. I'd start there, and I'd wager youll get a lot of bites. If the rates go up, well, great for the kids. 

Also, there's handwringing here about the guy's interest in UT due to an edit, while we know he has been speaking for months with the Texas staff, plans on visiting, and his mom wants to see him in burnt orange? 
I feel like sometimes you assclowns are putting effort in to being stupid. 

Fair enough. But do we have your permission to be annoyed that someone who is allegedly interested in coming here is prominently displaying horns down? Cuz that’s something that really pisses me off.

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

A grand for a social post is a good place to start 

The larger question is how to get a listing for Texas players on Opendorse and it looks like companies will have to buy into the platform and be vetted as well. @immamac better get to work on legitimizing the surly llc. Just setup a promotions business where you're brokering appearances at orgs without the wherewithal to get on platform themselves. 

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting