Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

25 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

It looks like he may be the next commit as Greg Biggins thinks it may happen this week.  Is he a guy that can play off the ball, or is he more of a stand up EDGE defender?  I haven't been able to find a Jr year hudl.

Is it just me or do we seem to be going after a lot of hybrids and no pure LB prospects (save for Perkins)? 

6 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Is it just me or do we seem to be going after a lot of hybrids and no pure LB prospects (save for Perkins)? 

Johnson, Patton, and even Cheeks are all pretty clear ILB targets, though Cheeks and Patton do have some edge rush potential. 

There’s really only one LB spot that won’t be asked to rush off the edge at least some and even then PK uses both ILBs to blitz a good bit when in the 3 man front, so he wants some pass rush ability at all spots. We’ve gone after some more true ILBs, but we’ve also missed a lot so the targets are a little jumbled. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

It looks like he may be the next commit as Greg Biggins thinks it may happen this week.  Is he a guy that can play off the ball, or is he more of a stand up EDGE defender?  I haven't been able to find a Jr year hudl.

According to the board he’s a JV player that is a Fall back for the fall back on the guy we didn’t get. 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

1 hour ago, TankedBevo said:

Perkins is a hybrid player too. They are creating a position in this defense for Overshown which is the same position they are recruiting Perkins.

Perroni

Spoiler

Perroni

"He had originally planned to commit July 4 but then pushed it back to later in the summer as he wanted to talk to Jimbo Fisher in person. Then, he pushed things back again after visiting both places over the weekend. He wanted to go to Texas for the opening game and then A&M for one of the early games and then decide. I've actually heard that was apparently just a smokescreen, though. He did not want to feel pressured by either place to commit over the weekend, so told both he wanted to make trips in September. But it turns out he still had planned to make a decision prior to his senior season.

Coming off a Texas trip on Friday and an A&M one on Saturday, he is now going to announce at some point this week. As of now, there is not a date set but it will be this week by Friday at the latest.

Anderson is planning to speak with both staffs at length tonight and will then likely have his final decision made sometime after. A&M is in good shape after the pool party and his conversation with Fisher, but it's not a done deal either way. I will know more in the next day or so."

• Hook 'Em 1

Suchomel's posts

"My feeling is he wanted to wait to get a timeline for Texas to the SEC, and wanted to see how Texas played in the fall. This doesn't seem to bode well for Texas IMO but hard to say for sure."

"FYI, Bryce himself just said he'll possibly be committing on Friday so that's the date I'd target."

"My FutureCast is on Texas but I'll probably be changing that this week based on what I'm hearing today. Still conversations to be had but it doesn't look great for UT right now."

26 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

If Anderson has always liked Texas, maybe it’s just still Texas. The coin flip narrative benefits $9.95ers. 

Yeah we have a pretty good record with kids who have always liked Texas. Or legacies or lifelong fans raided burnt orange.  I feel good too 

Just now, Tex-19 said:

This one hurts, especially with Harris likely going Bama. This shit is getting old, staff needs to get it together.

I'll probably regret saying this out loud, but is there any chance that maybe Jimbo is more highly thought of than Sark?  I think some of you here are lawyers or salesmen right?  It would be pretty easy to sell against Sark and Texas right now.  I think Sark can turn things around, but he has to do it.  Yes, we have to win on the field or this is all Charlie and Tom part 3.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting