Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

A much better look  would be a tiktok .gif of Hudson Card standing on a football field while one of our BMDs like Bud Brigham drives up in a dump truck full of cash and makes it rain on him.

What happens if Hudson Card becomes a young version of Aaron Rogers?  He will be loaded.  

A much better look  would be a tiktok .gif of Hudson Card standing on a football field while one of our BMDs like Bud Brigham drives up in a dump truck full of cash and makes it rain on him.

Dude has covid and is in quarantine. So that might be difficult to coordinate.

10 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Lmao.

“Unfortunately Anderson’s waffle got burnt as he was making breakfast and he was unable to speak to Sarkisian this morning. The staff still expects to speak with him before his announcement.”

Sark is getting his shit pushed in at the moment. Let's see if he has any fight. Absolutely no acceptable reason this dude isn't wearing burnt orange.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 10

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Fear of NIL deals reducing donations through the university, thereby reducing the control and power of the people entrenched in those administrative positions, is the only explanation that makes sense to me for how ridiculous we’re getting on this NIL bullshit.   And it would be perfectly on brand for us, unfortunately.  

We need to pause because the federal government might pass antitrust legislation that would retroactively punish state universities for third party boosters paying players through NIL before the law even existed?   Someone in our AD actually said this?  Nobody comes up with something that stupid unless they’re put on the spot and trying to think of a lie.

First sentence should be posted on every page when talking about NIL. It’s bloat run amok. I think it’s apparently impossible to clean out the bureaucratic rot that plagues Belmont. 

25 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

It’s stupid and worthless. Who is the target audience for that?

Why is it necessary?

Let the kids get paid and stop worrying about how it’s going down. No one gives a shit about the mechanics - and there won’t be any enforcement if rules are broken. 

It's damage control, fans and boosters are going to start to ask why Texas players aren't getting paid like Bama, OSU, and UO players are. NIL is out in the open so we can ask what the fuck we are actually doing unlike the bag game where it was hush hush and the program would never actually speak on the subject.

Edited by Not a Sock

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

“Look recruits, we’re following the rules!!!11!1”

Fade me fam. They're trying to get students to spend hours learning how to become their own marketing managers instead of just putting them in a room with boosters who will give them tens of thousands of dollars they deserve in straight cash for a 30 second video clip where they read from a script. If the US Attorney for the Western District of Texas wants to make a kerfuffle about it so be it. I am sure there'll be a USA on Bama's ass and LSU's ass and everyone else's ass then as well. Way better than playing it stupidly clean and getting shit on on the trail.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crash_davis said:

or it may be cash/checks over credit cards.

The lyric ("checks over stripes, that's what I like") is from a Drake song right after he resigned with Nike instead of jumping to Adidas. So when Brennan Eagles tweeted that at Anderson, definitely meant Nike > Adidas

11 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

“Look recruits, we’re following the rules!!!11!1”

Twitter laughing at how terrible and poorly designed this tweet is ^^^^

"Looks like a bad PowerPoint presentation"

SIAP.... Also saw this

Edited by LTtxfan
typo

I think the uncertainty over when we will go to the SEC is playing a bigger part on this years recruiting than we think.

I don't know what recruits are being told,  but there seems to be virtually no buzz among this years recruits about us going to the SEC.  

If there is a deal to get in before 2025 we need to come on with it. 

3 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I think the uncertainty over when we will go to the SEC is playing a bigger part on this years recruiting than we think.

I don't know what recruits are being told,  but there seems to be virtually no buzz among this years recruits about us going to the SEC.  

There’s a lot of factors playing into why we aren’t recruiting at an elite level in this class. We’re still borderline top 10 though. We just need to hang on to what we got and win. We’ll be alright. 

9 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

We were leading on these guys before the move. Why would that now be a negative? This is about a staff unable to counter and close. It doesn’t matter why. But I’m actually hopeful for the season and their abilities to develop. So it’s bad but not the end of the world. 

There are a lot of kids that either didn’t play or develop last year. A hard working staff can find a lot of great prospects. The question is whether this staff can find them. Who knows who is running that ship at this point. If they need to replace recruiting staff, they need to do it now. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

We were leading on these guys before the move. Why would that now be a negative?

You don't see how playing your three year career in a zombie conference that won't really exist when you're gone in which everyone hates you and wants you to lose every game would be a negative?

Before, we were recruiting to the Big 12, which is obviously not recruiting to the SEC, but is not a disaster.  Now, at least for this class, we are recruiting to a zombie Big 12 that is collapsing and everyone on the internet is speculating that the refs and league will be trying to screw us at every turn over the next four years.  That seems worse to me.

Edit - To be clear, that is obviously not the only issue, but I can see how it would be a major negative for the 2022 class.  Sure, maybe we're in the SEC next year, but why take the risk when you have options?

Edited by Texas Wahoo
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Before, we were recruiting to the Big 12, which is obviously not recruiting to the SEC, but is not a disaster.  Now, at least for this class, we are recruiting to a zombie Big 12 that is collapsing and everyone on the internet is speculating that the refs and league will be trying to screw us at every turn over the next four years.  That seems worse to me.

Yet, Oklahoma's recruiting remains unfazed and in fact they've picked up ground with several 2023s. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

We were leading on these guys before the move. Why would that now be a negative? This is about a staff unable to counter and close. It doesn’t matter why. But I’m actually hopeful for the season and their abilities to develop. So it’s bad but not the end of the world. 

There are a lot of kids that either didn’t play or develop last year. A hard working staff can find a lot of great prospects. The question is whether this staff can find them. Who knows who is running that ship at this point. If they need to replace recruiting staff, they need to do it now. 

I’m hoping Sark cuts the dead weight and doesn’t wait until it’s too late and he’s out of a job.

Eric Nahlin: Priority defensive tackle Aaron Bryant goes in-depth

2022 Southaven (MS) IDL Aaron Bryant announced on Sunday he would be making a commitment on August 26th. The Texas priority defensive lineman narrowed his choices to a top five of Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Texas in June. On Monday Inside Texas made the trip to the Memphis suburb to chat with Bryant about the impending commitment and talk with Southaven Head Coach Eddie Stevenson during preseason workouts.

After brief introductions we started talking about the upcoming season on the way to the locker room before a Southaven teacher jokingly yelled to us both “YOU’RE LOOKING AT THE NEXT ALL-AMERICAN DEFENSIVE LINEMAN TO PLAY AT MISSISSIPPI STATE! GO DAWGS!” Aaron smiled from ear to ear and politely responded to the teacher that it wasn’t going to happen. I asked how often Ole Miss and Mississippi State fans try to convince him to stay in-state. “Haha it happens a lot, but they’re not really in it.”

After that exchange we had a couple of minutes before workouts started. Aaron wanted to make sure he was one of the first Chargers in the weight room, so that gave us a couple of minutes to chat. “I just feel like this is the right time to make the decision. I know where I’m going and I’m ready to announce.” When Bryant visited Texas in early June, he told Inside Texas UT was the only visit he made where he felt like he got better at football on the visit. Bryant was eager to talk Texas and I got the feeling Bo Davis did a tremendous job building an authentic relationship with Aaron.

“I know at Texas I could get an amazing education and play big time football, especially with them making the move to the SEC soon. Coach Davis has coached elite defensive lineman in the NFL and has put dudes into the league from college.” With Ole Miss seemingly not in the picture even after a recent unofficial visit with a teammate, Bryant and I focused on the other four schools in his top five list.

“I really enjoyed my visits to Texas A&M and Georgia. Coach Price at Texas A&M did a really good job building the relationship with me and my parents.” Aaron then led me into the coach’s office before workouts started to meet with Southaven Head Coach Eddie Stevenson, who had nothing but praise for the rising senior and was gracious with his time during the ramp up to the 2021 football season.

“Aaron is by far one of the highest character guys that we’ve ever had in our program. There is nobody that will outwork him and he’s exactly what you want in a teammate. All Aaron wants to do is go full speed for every snap/rep and be a dependable leader. He’s always led by example but heading into this year we challenged him to take a verbal leadership role and he’s aced that test. I can’t say enough kind things about him.”

After hearing about Bryant the leader, I asked Coach Stevenson about what type of player he was on the field and how they are planning on using him this upcoming football season.

“I say this all the time but the biggest compliment I can give is that I think he would fit perfectly on the 1970’s Oakland Raiders’ defenses. He has a relentless motor at 6’4” 300 pounds and he’s a throwback nasty defensive lineman that’s going to stay assignment sound and punish people while doing it. He doesn’t care what he looks like or any of that nonsense, he’s out there to get nasty.”

“Last year we primarily played him at Nose, but this year I’m going to move him around to matchup hunt on every possible occasion. We’re setting it up so Aaron can play 1-Tech, 3-Tech, right defensive end, left defensive end, and even MLB at times.”

Then before we left the coach’s offices for the weight room, I mentioned a lot of Texas fans felt like stealing a highly coveted defensive lineman from the heart of SEC country was too good to be true. Especially considering (to my knowledge) Texas hasn’t signed a high school player from the Magnolia State in the recruiting service era. I directly asked if he thought Ole Miss or Mississippi State could enter the recruitment late in the cycle and grab a flip.

“I understand where you’re coming from, but Aaron isn’t a kid that’s going to decommit. Whichever school he commits to he’ll remain loyal towards, he’s been raised the right way.”

I left Southaven with the impression Texas was in a fantastic position to win out for Bryant’s signature, which has been strongly reinforced over the past 36 hours by Inside Texas and Ole Miss sources. Bryant has the desired blend of on-field production, attitude, and measurables along with off the field intangibles that make him a must get prospect. Aaron Bryant is ranked as the 157th best player in the nation in the 2022 On300, and the 3rd best prospect from the state of Mississippi according to On3.

• Hook 'Em 1

Any thoughts on Bryant's low ranking?  Film looks disruptive, has all the big time offers, and already 6'4 300 lbs.  Looks like a guy that should be about .9400 or so composite.  His lowest rating is on 247 at an 87.

I'd also forgot when he initially released a top 5 on Twitter it didn't include Ole Miss.

33 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Yet, Oklahoma's recruiting remains unfazed and in fact they've picked up ground with several 2023s. 

You know just as much if not more than most that it's a combination of things that are taken into consideration. Texas doesn't have a lot of those on their side right now, but a clear indicator that they will be playing in the SEC sooner rather than later would be huge.

Technically our recruiting is unfazed at the moment as well (unless you count Brown), as all the vagina ringing going on in this 2022 thread since the SEC announcement has been based solely on predicting the worse off the words of 995ers and the over-analyzing of tweets by 17 year olds instead of off of actual results. Hell, people were jumping off of buildings at the loss of a Derrick Brown to Baylor. BAYLOR! You fear mongering assholes actually bought into all of that shit, only to have Brown come and crash your rag party when he verb'd to the good fellas. Not that I believe that everything will go great/as planned in the upcoming months, but let's not act like Oklahoma's just been killing it since the SEC announcement with the one commit they've gotten since (3* DL) and their "picking up ground" on a whole other year outside of this thread. Outside of rumors and predictions, it's kinda stale. Anderson will be more movement.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

I’m hoping Sark cuts the dead weight and doesn’t wait until it’s too late and he’s out of a job.

Pop Tv Reaction GIF by Schitt's Creek

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Riley has won this conference every year he's been a coach and is regarded as at worse a top 3 CFB coach.  Also most of his QBs end up being the #1 pick overall.  I know, stating the obvious, but there's a lot of unknowns with us right now. 

I just really don't understand why/how CDC puts NIL under the charge of a career bureaucrat like Plonsky. She doesn't seem remotely capable of:

A) Understanding this movement towards player empowerment in college sports

B) Being knowledgeable around all of the various means/methods NIL can be leveraged

C) A critical enough thinker to look at competitive landscape and ensure Texas' NIL policies are sufficient

I get CDC has been busy with SEC move but still put someone better on this.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This program might be as fucked up as it's been at any point in the past 10 years, and shockingly it's for wildly different reasons than it was fucked up during Charlie Strong. There are real problems,

Can you share? I am waaaaaay on the outside and would like to know the who and what is fucked up.

This shit really shouldn't be this hard for Texas 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting