This staff better crush 2020….cause 2019 is not looking too hot 

FIFY

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, Ill said:

TFB on Denver Harris:

Hide contents

The long time priority for Texas is getting closer and closer to making a decision. However, before he makes a public commitment, K says Harris is likely to drop a top two to declare his finalists sometime this week.

With that said, we do not expect Texas to make the cut in the top two for Harris.

Texas has been making a strong push to get Jaylon Guilbeau back in the fold and he obviously remains a top priority with news of Harris’ top two.

I really hate being a position where I’m rooting for Alabama to win a recruitment, but here we are. 

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

When they're referencing a "positive move", what they mean is the kind of move that has 4 wheels, is made in England, is a hit in Africa and with trophy wives here. I still don't know if it matters, because the player isn't psyched about the ATM program. Assume Bama until he says otherwise at this point. 

I have a slightly used Hyundai I can contribute to the cause. Maybe Harris prefers a ride with better gas mileage?

Why are we not bagging Jordan Hudson? Were really gonna let that happen? Kevin Coleman? Only a matter of time till D Campbell locks us out too. This is ridiculous. We offer Urban north of 12 million per year but wont bag players for 100k. We wont last in the SEC if this does not change. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

I wasn't a fan of taking Murphy over Klubnik at the time. It should be shocking to no one that taking a project Cali QB over the plethora of highly rated in state options isn't helping us land Texas WRs.

Klubnik was never coming here. Once Clemson offered it was done. Ewers really fucked us good twice. Weigmann was the guy we should have gone after.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Klubnik was never coming here. Once Clemson offered it was done. Ewers really fucked us good twice. Weigmann was the guy we should have gone after.

Pretty sure he locked into aTm super early, and on top of that there’s quite a bit of speculation he’ll be a 1st round mlb pick. Well see if that doesn’t tempt the kid. 

28 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Yes I know Weigmann is a stud based on seeing his stats but the one game I have seen him in play I wasn’t impressed with him at all. When they played Rockwall-Heath in the playoffs at Baylor, for the most part he was shut down and by no means is Heath a defensive powerhouse. Quinn dropped 72 against that same defense earlier in the year. 

39 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Ewers was gone long before any of this was an issue. 

I think Klubnik would be a Horn if they had pursued him. He wasn't offered or even strongly pursued by Clemson until after Saban drug his nuts on Dabo and crew with the Ty Simpson recruitment. Klubnik was offered the same day Simpson committed to Bama which was a full 2 weeks after Murphy's commit to Texas. I suspect that Clemson would've gone all in on Braden Davis if Klubnik had committed to Texas rather than work the flip. Sark simply chose Murphy over Klubnik - a move which a lot of us said would create these exact challenges in terms of recruiting and it's impact with in-state recruits and a new staff trying to make connections. None of this should be a surprise to anyone here. 

Texas simply wasn't in a position to take a chance on Weigman choosing baseball and not having a QB in the class at all. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

If all things were equal, Harris would be coming to Texas. A&M wouldn’t even be considered at this point. Bama is too far away. 

But all things are not equal. And to add insult to injury, we will get embarrassed in front of all our competitors and recruits. Won’t even have our hat on the table.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I understand having issues with Maalik as a prospect. But this same thread was in step with his 7on7 participation being a plus with all of the WRs in this class. Now it is a negative? 

We might want to start adding to the blame on what we already blame Coleman for right now. A lot of schools with worse offenses and more dire seasons are looking good with WR recruits. Coleman was considered a FSU lean a week ago. 

So we're at 21 or 19 commits right now (2 special teams players).

Additional Takes:

DB/S - 2  of Guilbeau, LTG, Harris

WR - 2 of Brenen, Stewart, Hudson, Coleman, Preston

OL - 3 of Campbell, Greene, Dewberry, Nabou, Neto,Agbo, ???

LB - 1 of Perkins, Barton

TE - 1  (maybe) Skinner

RB - 0

QB - 0

If we take 9 more commits, we're at 28 or 30. Maybe that's a do-able number? I don't think we can take everybody on our board right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

So what.....Recruits, CTJ, and Golfclap are now like Texas High School coaches who get their feelings hurt when Texas goes out of state for better talent??

Seriously?  You two have cried for years for Texas to be more national in it's recruiting.  Sark is doing that and suddenly it's a negative?

Ya'll flip flop worse than NBA players...

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Additional Takes:

TE - 1  (maybe) Skinner

RB - 0

QB - 0

If we take 9 more commits, we're at 28 or 30. Maybe that's a do-able number? I don't think we can take everybody on our board right now.

That's probably pretty close. I would maybe say:

2-3 more DB's (preferably 2 corners but maybe 1 corner, LTG and Guilbeau)

2-3 more WR's

2-3 OL

1-2 best player available (possibly Wiggins on the DL, Skinner, maybe another linebacker who projects inside, Perkins)

This leaves room for 3-4 incoming portal guys assuming the rule passes allowing classes to expand to make up for outgoing portal attrition. I believe the max number being thrown out is 32 for how many you can take from the high school ranks + JUCO + portal.

One thing I haven't heard mentioned much is if we will potentially look to the JUCO ranks to fill some holes, maybe at WR or along the OL.

23 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Additional Takes:

TE - 1  (maybe) Skinner

RB - 0

QB - 0

The problem with your board is that at best, right now, we get maybe 3 of those players. I can see a scenario where we just get 1. You’ve got 4 guys on that board we have less chance of landing than Golfclap giving Stan Drayton a hug and a tug. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That's probably pretty close. I would maybe say:

2-3 more DB's (preferably 2 corners but maybe 1 corner, LTG and Guilbeau)

2-3 more WR's

2-3 OL

1-2 best player available (possibly Wiggins on the DL, Skinner, maybe another linebacker who projects inside, Perkins)

This leaves room for 3-4 incoming portal guys assuming the rule passes allowing classes to expand to make up for outgoing portal attrition. I believe the max number being thrown out is 32 for how many you can take from the high school ranks + JUCO + portal.

One thing I haven't heard mentioned much is if we will potentially look to the JUCO ranks to fill some holes, maybe at WR or along the OL.

Of your list the most ideal I see currently are Guilbeau and possibly Brenen Thompson, let’s hope the Aggie visit doesn’t sway him too much. 

31 minutes ago, Bevo said:
1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

You’ve got 4 guys on that board we have less chance of landing than Golfclap giving Stan Drayton a hug and a tug. 

31 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Oh, that's happening.

NO WAY Golfclap gives Stan Drayton a hug.  He WILL NOT give Stan Drayton A HUG.

2 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

Out of curiosity, was reading through posts from February to see how this board reacted to the Murphy commitment and LOL:

There was a point where posters here were doing the Draft Day shit with Klubnik calling him aloof and basically saying he didn't have the social skills to get people to want to follow him to UT.

Edited by Teryor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Thiefery said:

I get it, but what are they going to say..besides thank you, hope you announce it publicly soon?  They gonna threaten Brenan with "if you don't make it public in 72 hours we'll move on"?

A silent commit is better than no commit.  Sark would take a silent, I’d have to believe.

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

For the life of me I'll never understand kids who choose to play college football instead of taking the baseball money.  Take the free baseball cash and if you flame out after a few seasons in the minors football will always be there waiting for you.

With NIL and money beneath the table there's not much of a difference between being a highly touted QB and 1st round baseball player, if any.

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting