Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, ImissWallyPryor said:

Sometimes it hard to tell who is blocking whom when it comes to our LBs. They engage blockers instead of evading or shedding. It’s not just Luke. 

I agree, but if I can teach a ms LB to sniff out counter then a LB coach getting paid 6 figs should be able to do the same. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Everyone down about this loss needs to step back for a minute. This is the first year for both the offensive and a complicated defensive scheme.

This scheme requires very solid LB and DE play. We have gaps in both of those positions. We have an OL that can be very good, but not great.

We need a few more top recruits and another year in the system, and this team can win. As it is, I had them at 10-2 regular season and I still see that as possible. Today confirmed for me that it is not time to panic. With those shortcomings we still hung with them. 

Trust the corches

4 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Need to hit the portal too. OL catches all the shit, usually deservedly so. But this DL gets their shit pushed in on a regular basis, and were probably the worst unit on the field today. And that’s saying a lot because the LBs and the DBs sucked too.

• Rage+1 1

I want to come here and say I absolutely think we are going to have a very good floor of skill players under Sark.  Sark knows offense and so far our offense is putting up some pretty good stats.  Worthy was the first one and I imagine we are going to recruit speed heavily.  I’m glad we’re not going after the big slow WRs that Herman seemed to love.  Moore and Worthy were both flying deep today and I imagine this offense is going to attract the best WRs and RBs.  Can you imagine next year with Worthy, Thompson, Stewart, Moore?  I’m going to enjoy Bijan bc we may not see another RB like him.  He’s that special.  His play this year has basically made us RBU regionally.  I expect Reuben Owens will be back in the fold and I think this years haul of Blue and Miller is fantastic.  Let those guys battle it out and compete.  I don’t think we’ll struggle with TE recruiting either.  Sark targets them enough and they’ve found their way to the end zone.  The only position I don’t have a great feel for is OL.  I don’t need to look at Floods resume.  I’m fully confident he’s going to maximize players.  I just wonder why they’re having such a hard time in recruiting.  Mack, Strong, Hand and Herman  couldn’t fix out OL and I don’t know if Sark is going to be able to quickly.  Really need guys like Dewberry, Campbell, and Banks in this class.

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Everyone down about this loss needs to step back for a minute. This is the first year for both the offensive and a complicated defensive scheme.

This scheme requires very solid LB and DE play. We have gaps in both of those positions. We have an OL that can be very good, but not great.

We need a few more top recruits and another year in the system, and this team can win. As it is, I had them at 10-2 regular season and I still see that as possible. Today confirmed for me that it is not time to panic. With those shortcomings we still hung with them. 

We are not going 10-2 unless the defense seriously improves. I’m glad some of you are far more optimistic than me after watching one of the worst defensive performances I have ever seen from Texas. This was the Shawn Watson equivalent of defensive output today. I’m glad we are keeping our recruiting momentum and that is what gives me hope. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

We are not going 10-2 unless the defense seriously improves. I’m glad some of you are far more optimistic than me after watching one of the worst defensive performances I have ever seen from Texas. This was the Shawn Watson equivalent of defensive output today. I’m glad we are keeping our recruiting momentum and that is what gives me hope. 

The rest of our schedule is winnable. You fucking pussy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bruh R E L A X !!!! 

So if I told y’all before the season Texas was 4-2 and lost 55-48 to OU , I’m pretty sure y’all would take it. Is so much gloom and doom and alot of y’all didn’t even have us this far along at things point.  Consistency isn’t maintained over night and the coaches have to be better but I’ll take it. We have everything in front of us. Nobody had us in the playoffs this year, Shit nobody even had us in the Big 12 championship but here we are. We got work to do, that’s it!!!! Calm down and let’s pack the stadium out next week. 

Edited by D3zii
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

I'm in the 10-2 camp if we win next week. Okie lite has 2 weeks to prepare.  This game had characteristics of the ARkansas game in that our D was on the field for a long time.  Part of the fact is how quickly we scored. The longest drive we had in the first half was the last drive to the field goal that lasted 3 whole minutes.  We have so little depth that Brock doesn't even get off the field for a blow. It's bad enough he has to start, but to think we don't even have a reliable sub is pretty fucked.  I think we go 10-2 because we outscore everyone from here on out.  And because we don't face another Lincoln Riley

• Like 1

Just now, Newy25 said:

I agree about the defense sucking but I’d still pick us in the rest of our games.  I’ve watched enough football to know which coaches can call plays and have a schematic advantage.  Sark has it.  I’ve seen him do it at multiple programs.  The way he sets up his plays are a think of beauty.  I think our coaches will be a huge help in games but I’m extremely disappointed in PK.  His play calls don’t really make sense to me.  This defense has multiple times given up big of plays on 3rd and long situations.  Like back breaking plays.  People in the coaching community speak so highly of him but I’m completely unimpressed so far.  With that said, I think we can put up enough points and beat the rest of the teams.  This ou defense is good, they’re fast, and they’re well coached.  We punked them today to the tune of 48 points.  We’ll do the same to the rest of our schedule and we won’t be facing two #1 quarterbacks again so I do expect some better defensive performances.

8 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I agree about the defense sucking but I’d still pick us in the rest of our games.  I’ve watched enough football to know which coaches can call plays and have a schematic advantage.  Sark has it.  I’ve seen him do it at multiple programs.  The way he sets up his plays are a think of beauty.  I think our coaches will be a huge help in games but I’m extremely disappointed in PK.  His play calls don’t really make sense to me.  This defense has multiple times given up big of plays on 3rd and long situations.  Like back breaking plays.  People in the coaching community speak so highly of him but I’m completely unimpressed so far.  With that said, I think we can put up enough points and beat the rest of the teams.  This ou defense is good, they’re fast, and they’re well coached.  We punked them today to the tune of 48 points.  We’ll do the same to the rest of our schedule and we won’t be facing two #1 quarterbacks again so I do expect some better defensive performances.

I agree here. The only thing that keeps me sane with PK is how the play and scheme against Rattler, who we expected to play all day, was so good that he got benched. Now, having no response to Williams was a CLEAR issue. But damn man, the Defense literally got Rattler benched. It sucks that they went on to absolutely shit the bed against Williams, but they did their job with who we expected to play. We should be able to do the same to who we play from here on.

Edited by Mason Ramsey

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Today was winnable with a 21-point cushion and barely competent defense. We ended up with neither.

Yeah, and we had coaches that got us that 21 point lead.  I imagine we’ll never see Texas lose a lead like that again.  Stop being a pussy.  If you didn’t see how well we executed in the first half, then stop watching.  That was the best longhorn football I’ve watched in a while.  If our coaches can get them to play that way consistently, we’re going to win a lot of games.  They’ve accomplished this in half a season.  If they beat osu next week, I feel good about us.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

I agree here. The only thing that keeps me sane with PK is how the play and scheme against Rattler, who we expected to play all day, was so good that he got benched. Now, having no response to Williams was a CLEAR issue. But damn man, the Defense literally got Rattler benched. It sucks that they went on to absolutely shit the bed against Williams, but they did their job with who we expected to play. We should be able to do the same to who we play from here on.

As good as PK is, Lincoln Riley is one of the best if not the best play caller and football minds in the sport.  I know PK has had success against Leach but what makes ou so deadly is they’re playing you with NFL talent versus the talent leach normally has. He’s going to have to figure out how to slow them down or it’s going to be hard to win this game.  Outside of ou, I think he’s going to do quite well against the rest of the big 12.  He shutdown both meachem and cumbie and those guys aren’t bad coordinators.  Osu is going to be a big tell for me.  If he does the same, I’ll feel better about him.

9 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Backup qb owning texas?  Tale as old as time.  

On a side note, we really need Bama to not fuck this up.  Aggy winning this game is going to make it hard to flip the narrative.  Jimbo is going to sell that shit and recruits will buy it regardless of them struggling with half the conference.

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, victory88 said:

The defense sucked today, but let’s not fool ourselves, PK didn’t just lose how to call a defense overnight. This is the same coach that held one of the best Alabama teams to 24pts. And is known through the college football world as one of the top DC’s. It’s an adjustment for him to, but he had them imo in position, that’s why you have so many missed tackles. On the 50’50 Balls THEY WERE IN POSITION !!!! We just have to make the play now. We didn’t just see people running clean open. We just have to make the plays. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

On a side note, we really need Bama to not fuck this up.  Aggy winning this game is going to make it hard to skip the narrative.  Jimbo is going to sell that shit and recruits will buy it regardless of them struggling with half the conference.

They’ll come back and win but I knew saggy would throw everything they have left to win this. 

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

As good as PK is, Lincoln Riley is one of the best if not the best play caller and football minds in the sport.  I know PK has had success against Leach but what makes ou so deadly is they’re playing you with NFL talent versus the talent leach normally has. He’s going to have to figure out how to slow them down or it’s going to be hard to win this game.  Outside of ou, I think he’s going to do quite well against the rest of the big 12.  He shutdown both meachem and cumbie and those guys aren’t bad coordinators.  Osu is going to be a big tell for me.  If he does the same, I’ll feel better about him.

We are definitely on the same page. Riley just made the right call in going with Williams in the second half, he knew we weren't prepared for it and we were basically shutting Rattler down. Had he kept Rattler out there, the outcome of the game is wildly different.

Also, how hilarious is it that Rattler's college career is basically over? I fully expect him to quit the team and "prepare for the NFL draft"

18 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yeah, and we had coaches that got us that 21 point lead.  I imagine we’ll never see Texas lose a lead like that again.  Stop being a pussy.  If you didn’t see how well we executed in the first half, then stop watching.  That was the best longhorn football I’ve watched in a while.  If our coaches can get them to play that way consistently, we’re going to win a lot of games.  They’ve accomplished this in half a season.  If they beat osu next week, I feel good about us.

8 minutes ago, victory88 said:

On a side note, we really need Bama to not fuck this up.  Aggy winning this game is going to make it hard to flip the narrative.  Jimbo is going to sell that shit and recruits will buy it regardless of them struggling with half the conference.

Wow. You don't see it, do you.

• Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

We are definitely on the same page. Riley just made the right call in going with Williams in the second half, he knew we weren't prepared for it and we were basically shutting Rattler down. Had he kept Rattler out there, the outcome of the game is wildly different.

Also, how hilarious is it that Rattler's college career is basically over? I fully expect him to quit the team and "prepare for the NFL draft"

I don’t even think Rattler is necessarily a bad quarterback.  I think he’s probably a very unlikeable person.  I watched that Netflix QB show and he was a douche.  I don’t even think his own teammates like him.  Dude can still throw it and I fully expect he’ll get draft.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t even think Rattler is necessarily a bad quarterback.  I think he’s probably a very unlikeable person.  I watched that Netflix QB show and he was a douche.  I don’t even think his own teammates like him.  Dude can still throw it and I fully expect he’ll get draft.

He was such a dickhead that he made Tate Martell seem tolerable.
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Definitely is a talented douche, no doubt. My point was that PK dialed up a scheme to keep him in check and it worked so well that he got benched. He will get drafted pretty high still, I just hate him so much that it's fucking hilarious that he lost his job and is more than likely going to quit on his team if he doesn't have the starting job.

3 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Aggy putting its boot up Saban's ass. Can't be overstated how much them pulling this off would absolutely fuck us. Which is why it will, of course, happen. The curse is real. 

Lol Saban will give some speech about how he’s seen the ducks at his Lakehouse play better than their team at halftime and then they’ll come out and mud hole aggy. A tale as old as time. That’s not what we have to worry about lol. 

Edited by Octavian
  • Like 1

Well, so much for Aggie getting curb stomped by Bama in front of their recruits. Even if Bama comes back to win, A&M looks good in this game.  Could be a case where these two games don’t really move the needle for recruits, are at least not as much as we had hoped.  

F Aggie though, I’d love to see their record at 3-3. But it might be a case of Bill O’Brien screwing things up like normal. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Lol Saban will give some speech about how he’s seen the ducks at his Lakehouse play better than their team at halftime and then they’ll come out and mud hole aggy. A tale as old as time. That’s not what we have to worry about lol. 

F42203C3-4F94-4158-9AD4-4D38287DF97B.jpeg.8689d2e8abdb420c46255d43dbd9ed26.jpeg

No matter what aggie does tonight we already won the day even with our loss.  This was supposed to be their big day.  Gameday was supposed to be there. All eyes were supposed to be on that game. The ratings will suck because aggie shit the bed leading up to it.  even a win will be meh after losing to miss st at home. We had gameday, we played in what most will think of as one of the greatest games of the year.  Even with a loss today, we've outpaced aggie even if they win

Edited by alphahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

No matter what aggie does tonight we already won the day even with our loss.  This was supposed to be their big day.  Gameday was supposed to be there. All eyes were supposed to be on that game. The ratings will suck because aggie shit the bed leading up to it.  even a win will be meh after losing to miss st at home. We had gameday, we played in what most will think of as one of the greatest games of the year.  Even with a loss today, we've outpaced aggie even if they win

texags.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 9

What a bunch of bullshit.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Is this satire?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting