Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Skinner will commit to bama but I'm basically ignoring this announcement. The gears on that recruitment will continue to turn and I wouldnt be surprised to see him in Austin for Ok State. 

The IMG kids don’t really do this. They have it locked up when they announce. 

48 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

I dont know man, living in the Park Cities, nice 7 figure salary.  No pressure, the team is winning and the HC seems like he is staying put for awhile.  With the portal game in full force, winning 9-10 games seems legit easy for SMU right now.  Compare a cushion 5-7 year job at a million per vs the pressure cooker of Austin for 20% ? more, with as much uncertainty we have had the last 10 years.   May be harder than we think to pull him away.  Its going to take 10 win seasons, beating teams we should etc. to build confidence imo

You think position coaches are in a pressure cooker in Austin?  HC and coordinators, yeah.  Position coaches?  Shit Texas kept Bruce Chambers around for 17 years.  99 percent of our fans would have no idea who he was.

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

The IMG kids don’t really do this. They have it locked up when they announce. 

Yea I think the old ways are getting scrapped and we are in a new game where the rules arent too clear to anyone. Works in our favor big time because it gives a chance to play catchup. I can tell you this, Burnt Ends is not taking a loss when he commits to bama. I think he's gonna be on campus next week. The Burnt End mojo will still be at work. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't have strong thoughts on Winfield as a player - but I love that he called Sark right after the title game and committed.  If he does go to St. I hope that means we have our WR 's already lined up.

That was basically the biggest part of his value as a commit. He started the early momentum, now he can go somewhere he will possibly make an impact.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

But yeah, if somehow Abor and/or Wiggins want on board you don't tell them no. 

i don't think they want him.. Aggy also hasn't put on the pressure for him either... i wonder if there's something in the background that we don't know about.. he was one of the hottest prospects on the board and it's been quiet on him for a minute now

22 minutes ago, Bevoball said:

Well, with the staff supposedly looking for a second qb in this class do you thing they might kick the tires on that Nick Evers kid committed to UF? Him being best friends with Evan Stewart couldn't hurt, and he seems to be a pretty good prospect.

Doesn't strike me as a guy that would be cool with being in a 2 QB class.

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

Doesn't strike me as a guy that would be cool with being in a 2 QB class.

I've never read any interviews with him or anything so I don't know anything about his personality, all I did was watch his JR highlights. Based off of my Expert Surly Scouting Lenses he looks to have really good placement on his deep and medium passes, decent arm strength with a compact and quick release with decent athleticism. 

Just now, Vito Andolini said:

Nick Evers, the kid who recruits harder for Florida than Dan Mullen or Tim Brewster? Good luck with that.

Didn't realize he was doing all that, honestly didn't know anything about him until the past week or so. He must have shitty taste.

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Nick Evers, the kid who recruits harder for Florida than Dan Mullen or Tim Brewster? Good luck with that.

1 minute ago, Bevoball said:

Didn't realize he was doing all that, honestly didn't know anything about him until the past week or so. He must have shitty taste.

Mom is hardcore aggy too

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

You think position coaches are in a pressure cooker in Austin?  HC and coordinators, yeah.  Position coaches?  Shit Texas kept Bruce Chambers around for 17 years.  99 percent of our fans would have no idea who he was.

who?

Skinner Interview stuff

•  went with his heart, didn't want to go too far from home.

Andrew Ivins is on, a 247 Florida-based analyst. Said he reminds him of Jared Cook lol (he was drafted in 2009.) Skinner told him a few weeks ago that FSU was his "dream school"

FL coaches compared him to Kyle Pitts (expect this to be the name any athletic TE is compared to for the next X years)

Skinner would move Texas and Bama into 1st in the country in the 247 class rankings

Bama

NhfE87SK

Bama always believed in him? He loved the way it felt there on his OV.

Florida never gave up even though they weren't in his top 5 and will pursue him hard even after committed.

Saban was huge in the commitment and talked a ton with him about life - beyond just football

Said he is a guy coming in to work hard from the first day

turning this off now.

Edited by NoName

31 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

i don't think they want him.. Aggy also hasn't put on the pressure for him either... i wonder if there's something in the background that we don't know about.. he was one of the hottest prospects on the board and it's been quiet on him for a minute now

Yeah something seems off with this guy.  Probably someone that ends up at aggy once they miss on everyone else and Looch boasts about the greatness of Dumbo and still getting 5*'s.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting