Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Please. I’m no contrarian. 

that being said these 2 Td passes in 2013 were absurd. But Im not here telling anyone that case mccoy is anything other than a palsy faced creeper and shitty QB. 

Go impugn the Herpa Derp with your sycophantic following of long form enthusiasts on IT, sir. 

• Haha 3

Please. I’m no contrarian. 

that being said these 2 Td passes in 2013 were absurd. But Im not here telling anyone that case mccoy is anything other than a palsy faced creeper and shitty QB. 

They were absolutely insane. He never did anything like that before or after. Rivalry game magic if there ever was such a thing

2 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I know it's not preferred but have we considered a 2 QB system?

Casey can handle pre-snap checks and generally controlling the offense with a focus on his mobility and intermediate throws. But then whenever he sees someone running open deep he can hand the ball to Hudson to make the throw 

Good plan!  Card was super accurate on the deep balls against Arkansas!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Casey can handle pre-snap checks and generally controlling the offense with a focus on his mobility and intermediate throws. But then whenever he sees someone running open deep he can hand the ball to Hudson to make the throw 

Confusion Reaction GIF

5 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Yes, but it won't be Hudson, It'll be Roschon

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

• Hook 'Em 1

Catching up but is the consensus that we actually got 2 more silents last night? I feel like our staff is always tweeting cryptic shit. If so, best guesses who?

Wouldn't be surprised if one is '23 Johntay Cook. I guess Skinner is the other obvious option given that he's announcing tomorrow but I thought he was Bama. Stewart is Mr. Social Media so I'm not buying that one.

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Catching up but is the consensus that we actually got 2 more silents last night? I feel like our staff is always tweeting cryptic shit. If so, best guesses who?

Wouldn't be surprised if one is '23 Johntay Cook. I guess Skinner is the other obvious option given that he's announcing tomorrow but I thought he was Bama. Stewart is Mr. Social Media so I'm not buying that one.

I think it's more that they had a good convo with Evan Stewart and are trying to start closing him

3 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I think it's more that they had a good convo with Evan Stewart and are trying to start closing him

That's what it sounds like with Stewart. And maybe they got good signals on the call. Also, there is certainly smoke with Barton.

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

I would believe that. But if that's what the tweets from multiple staffers are referencing, that's some bs

It absolutely is bs. Because those tweets are absolutely meant for you, Tex-19, and not for the 5-star WR they were talking to and generally kicking the general recruiting industry hype machine into high gear to build excitement. They need to take your feelings into account.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Yes, but it won't be Hudson, It'll be Roschon

I've wondered why a guy who was recruited as a QB1, and has been on the field for several hundred snaps, hasn't attempted more passes, as part of a a gadget package of plays.  Maybe this week.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It absolutely is bs. Because those tweets are absolutely meant for you, Tex-19, and not for the 5-star WR they were talking to and generally kicking the general recruiting industry hype machine into high gear to build excitement. They need to take your feelings into account.

Lol I just meant that the implication of a silent is them bs'ing a bit. They know how those tweets will be viewed. I get the reason and I don't really care but just pointing out that the common "we got a silent" interpretation may be wrong.

10 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I think we get a commitment today. I don’t think they would send the bat symbols unless they got someone in the boat. Those things lose their meaning if they aren’t real kinda like what happened with amber alerts.

No no. It’s a bat cymbal. toy monkey GIF

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting