Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

52 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I sort of expect some plays for Card. With our run game established, it might be a little easier for him now. He sure looked great in the first game.

If we see Card we are either in trouble or we have kicked their ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, crum said:

SIAP and its mid announcement, but CB Confidence 7 for Lander Barton to the good guys with a guys first ever CB. so not sure if reliable 

https://247sports.com/Player/Lander-Barton-46097947/

Jeff Banks liked the tweet about it from the Texas CB tracker, but I think he just likes everything related to anyone we’re recruiting

Key to this game is how PK game plans. Instead of take away run game, priority is to take away pass game first. I would think he has comfort with that type of game plan coming from Pac. Real question is do we have the players to implement that effectively 

The defensive gameplan to frustrate this version of Oklahoma is not that complicated, and it’s pretty similar to what PK employed against TCU (and for much of the year honestly). Keep everything in front of you, make them consistently execute downfield. If you don’t let their talent on the perimeter beat you fit chunk plays, Rattler has shown he’ll get frustrated, anxious, whatever, and miss a critical throw or turn the ball over. This fits the strengths (red zone defense, and… well, that’s really it. They haven’t been bad at tackling I guess) and weaknesses of this defense (lack of pass rush, not a lot of capable 1 on 1 cover guys). Since you’re not going to get pressure anyway because you have no pass rush, I’d consistently drop 7-8 and make them work to get down the field and convert in the red zone, where this unit has been at its best.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Barton would be a huge get. It’s sort of a see it to believe it thing with him coming here given his background but honestly a bona fire modern LB of his pedigree - not a project, not a converted safety - would be one of the most important pieces of this class

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Barton would be a huge get. It’s sort of a see it to believe it thing with him coming here given his background but honestly a bona fire modern LB of his pedigree - not a project, not a converted safety - would be one of the most important pieces of this class

Agree,  don't really know a lot about him but seems like a great fit. 

Also, like your take about being a good fit.  Get him on campus and know where to play him.  

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting