Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

True. Another possession receiver just isn't at the top of my needs list, I guess. 

I think he’s a really good route runner with above average to good speed. His hands are incredible and he has a nice feel for zones. I think he’s the kind of guy an offense needs in the middle  of the field that can eat OLB and nickels up with his route running while you have guys like worthy, Thompson, and etc on the field as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

True. Another possession receiver just isn't at the top of my needs list, I guess. 

So we'll add blind to your list of traits. Good to know. 

Jordan Hudson
100 METERS
SECONDS
03/11/21

lol i thought he was talking about Brennan Thompson

but not sure why you are shitting on Hudson.. he's only behind Stewart  in the state..

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

I think he’s a really good route runner with above average to good speed. His hands are incredible and he has a nice feel for zones. I think he’s the kind of guy an offense needs in the middle  of the field that can eat OLB and nickels up with his route running while you have guys like worthy, Thompson, and etc on the field as well. 

This past game against TCU showed we need guys that can reliably catch.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I wouldn't kick the kid out of the class for eating crackers, by any stretch. I'd be happy to have him, for reasons you cited. I just doing think he's a must have, is all. He's a great complement. 

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

lol i thought he was talking about Brennan Thompson

but not sure why you are shitting on Hudson.. he's only behind Stewart  in the state..

I mean, I guess not reading is similar to blind, so I don't have to edit my comment. 

I'm not shitting on him per-se, I just don't consider him a "must-have" in this class. Or even at WR. He's a cherry on top of a class that has Stewart and Thompson. Gerry is very high on Hudson, but others less so. 

I have a question about Jaydon Blue but don't want to bump his thread. What explains his big disparity in rankings among the services? On 247, he's #39 nationally and the #2 RB. On ESPN, he's #84. And Rivals has him at #243. Are Rivals and ESPN lowering him because he's sitting out his senior season? Or does 247 have him too high?

Just now, Mikey4 said:

I have a question about Jaydon Blue but don't want to bump his thread. What explains his big disparity in rankings among the services? On 247, he's #39 nationally and the #2 RB. On ESPN, he's #84. And Rivals has him at #243. Are Rivals and ESPN lowering him because he's sitting out his senior season? Or does 247 have him too high?

Yes

I mean, I guess not reading is similar to blind, so I don't have to edit my comment. 

I'm not shitting on him per-se, I just don't consider him a "must-have" in this class. Or even at WR. He's a cherry on top of a class that has Stewart and Thompson. Gerry is very high on Hudson, but others less so. 

lol you don't have to edit it.. i'm surly for sure.

I think Hudson is a complete WR, which is why I really hope we can close on him. He, Thompson, Stewart along with Winfield is a HELL of a class.. best one on paper in the past decade.

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He doesn’t have above average to good speed if his track times are at all accurate. That would put him more at below average to average. He’s a good receiver and would be good to have.

The more important thing is we need to bring in 3-4 blue chip WRs, so at least a couple of them pan out. We’re thin at WR, and we need more playmakers. A class of Stewart, Thompson, Hudson, and Winfield would be pretty ideal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I wouldn't kick the kid out of the class for eating crackers, by any stretch. I'd be happy to have him, for reasons you cited. I just doing think he's a must have, is all. He's a great complement. 

Until you can show me Evan Stewart's signed LOI, and that Winfield is sticking with his commitment, and that Thompson does as well, a guy like Hudson is a must have. He's an excellent football player and you speed queens are losing sight of that pretty important fucking part of a recruit's capabilities. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Agreed. There may be a 1 guy like Stewart a every few years. I personally think he’s a take because he’s a damn good prospect, reminds me of Ceedee Lamb out of HS. 

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Until you can show me Evan Stewart's signed LOI, and that Winfield is sticking with his commitment, and that Thompson does as well, a guy like Hudson is a must have. He's an excellent football player and you speed queens are losing sight of that pretty important fucking part of a recruit's capabilities. 

Exactly this. And he’s a much better prospect than Winfield. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

A girl's gotta have her standards.

3663274744061fad89bd8c744f43e4db.jpg

1 hour ago, Big Woodrows said:

Mostly aggy related, but posting here due to Bledsoe:image.thumb.png.6744d1548e0fa06a0daaf2e195472ff1.png

Aggy has been doing this for 100 years and they still have my learned.  You don't tell 4 star D-linemen to "hold on".  

You tell em "come on" and figure it out later.

• Hook 'Em 2

Aggy just couldn’t afford to lose to Arkansas, and they really couldn’t afford to Miss St. 

Their whole staff has basically been guaranteeing a 10 win season since last season ended. You can’t stop this train kind of talk. 

They are organized for a very big weekend. By organized I mean a year’s worth of recruiting plans have gone into it. A blowout loss will be catastrophic. I know that sounds hyperbolic considering they’ve already been thoroughly embarrassed, but they’ve been looking these kids in the eye and telling them this is when the program takes the next step. They simply can’t afford to get blown out. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Aggy just couldn’t afford to lose to Arkansas, and they really couldn’t afford to Miss St. 

Their whole staff has basically been guaranteeing a 10 win season since last season ended. You can’t stop this train kind of talk. 

They are organized for a very big weekend. By organized I mean a year’s worth of recruiting plans have gone into it. A blowout loss will be catastrophic. I know that sounds hyperbolic considering they’ve already been thoroughly embarrassed, but they’ve been looking these kids in the eye and telling them this is when the program takes the next step. They simply can’t afford to get blown out. 

Meh.  Those kids (and families) are still getting paid.

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

Meh.  Those kids (and families) are still getting paid.

There's a limit to that. There's a reason half of FSU's class was in that decommit article. At their core, no one wants to play for a shitty team. And half of aggy's talent is about to do one if Bama cuts their balls off.

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I won’t even think about hoping for Stewart unless we win both of the next two games.

That kid is a long shot.

Would be news to me that’s he’s a long shot. It’s got a lot of moving parts but those elite kids are always tougher recruitments. Texas can get him, and they are gonna be competitive. 

Edited by Barbacoa
  • Hook 'Em 6

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

There's a limit to that. There's a reason half of FSU's class was in that decommit article. At their core, no one wants to play for a shitty team. And half of aggy's talent is about to do one if Bama cuts their balls off.

Yeah it gets worse if the NFL guys pack it in after 0-3, SEC season over. At that point I don't think it matters if King comes back, because that team will be a mess in the locker room. There is only so much you can take from O'Neal when he follows up is bravado with shitty play on the field.

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Having top prospects at the Texas/OU game can be tremendously positive, albeit also with some risk.

If we get blown out, it would obviously hurt. However, if we hang tough or win, that game has an atmosphere that is absolutely amazing and like nothing else in college football. Many recruits have sat in that stadium and realized how cool it would be to play in that game for the next 3-4 years.  

nuts on the table. 

you either get all the bitches 

or

you look like a fool

sark aint skeered.

8 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Would be news to me that’s he’s a long shot. It’s got a lot of moving parts but those elite kids are always tougher recruitments. Texas can get him, and they are gonna be competitive. 

There is that “competitive “ word again. I hope it means what I think it means

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Aggy has been doing this for 100 years and they still have my learned.  You don't tell 4 star D-linemen to "hold on".  

You tell em "come on" and figure it out later.

I thought they figured it out last year when they took the Regis and then landed their big fish as well.

They also did the same thing to Aaron Bryant, and then laughed at us when had our DL run.

1 hour ago, Octavian said:

One thing to keep in mind about the OU run defense is that they have played below average run offenses this entire season, with the exception of Nebraska. The reason Nebraska matters is that their running stats are inflated by games against puffballs like Fordham and Northwestern. So while their run defense may look good on paper, it’s reasonably possible that’s deceptive.

I don't disagree, but its also possible that our running game is a bit inflated because of the success against Rice, Texas Tech and TCU.  

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Jimbo Fisher led teams have lost by an average of 21.5 points to Nick Saban's Alabama teams.  And that was without Fisher running his mouth and saying he is going to 'kick Saban's ass'.

image.png.bc073ad62c699a47eb5696c0466d44af.png

image.png.2fa04fa394bdf8cb21e59ef5cd67aa1d.png

And that was with semi-competent offenses

39 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Go ahead and explain to me a plausible scenario in which Alabama doesn’t win by say 28 or more.  I’m not seeing one.  “Any given Saturday” doesn’t count as plausible. 

I'm with you here. I truly don't understand what Vegas is thinking with that 17.5 line. Usually when a line seems that crazy, I feel like they know something. I would've set the line at like 25

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting