Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

14 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

That was a true freshman QB and probably the weakest offensive team Riley had coached so far. 

#1 player in his class by some metrics, throwing to top 5 players in their positions at WR, all the while our squad was being put together by the likes of Mehringer, Warehime, then Hand.  If OU had just 1 #1 QB and not consecutive ones, it's likely OU keeps sputtering and comes up short in the comeback.  Changeups are always dangerous and this one proved deadly.  Thompson isn't in their league and I'm frankly amazed he's been putting up these numbers and TDs, with this line.  That's Sark.  Defensively, the senior leaders are Coburn, Foster, and the corners... Yeah... We've been here every year for the past 4 years going through the motions of missing the primary targets, and taking backups late based on some justification like they have big hands, and dunk a basketball or some shit.  Orlando doing fuck all with LB recruiting.  Herman lasted a year too long.  Sark, PK, and Flood in 2020 give us the Brockermeyers, Ewers, and who knows what other guys we could really really use right now.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Atticus said:

exploit it how? He had all day to throw and our blitzes weren't working. He threw 2 amazing balls and one arm punt that BJ Foster is still looking for with the back of his head.

He really didn't even need to scramble to beat us which is the most sobering part of it.

Baylor and Gerry Bohanon are gonna do something similar to us in Waco if we don't get this fixed ASAP.

I think our blitzes were working tho. I could be wrong but wasn’t the play before the 3 & 19 a blitz? 

25 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Seriously?  This staff schemed to get their players open and exploit OU weaknesses.

We got worn down and out athleted by a better more experienced team. 

West Virginia held them to 16 points. West Virginia is fucking trash this year. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, tokamak said:

West Virginia held them to 16 points. West Virginia is fucking trash this year. 

WV was a close game throughout, so Rattler stayed in. But because OU was getting shelled today, Williams got a shot. Crazy as it sounds, in retrospect we might have been better off not getting up big. 

• Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Someone talk me off the ledge. We have a lot of returning talent on defense and a staff that is widely recognized as one of the betters staffs in football yet we made the 1997 Texas defense look like the 1999 Baltimore Ravens. Tell me we are going to be flooded with a lot of blue chip recruits who can turn this thing around. Because right now it feels like we have another Tom Herman as our coach. 

You should jump. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Absent a massive talent upgrade at OL, things are going to get really ugly for us in the SEC in a couple of years. This game probably pushes Devon Campbell to OU. Banks headed to Oregon. Dewberry is going to Bama. 

You’re not even good at this for Christ sake. At least write some good material during the week that guy can go to instead of this shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

We got worn down and out athleted by a better more experienced team. 

"Worn down" by a team that averaged 3.3 ypc against Tulane, 2.0 ypc against West Virginia, and 4.1 ypc against Kansas State. Right.

blOU is a very average rushing team this year and they ran over us for 339 yards at 8.3 ypc (150 yards and 6.8 ypc in the 1st half our defense was rested and our offense was holding up its end of the bargain). This defense couldn't stop a basic GT counter and it's not going to get us to the Big 12 title game without huge improvement.

52 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Someone talk me off the ledge. We have a lot of returning talent on defense and a staff that is widely recognized as one of the betters staffs in football yet we made the 1997 Texas defense look like the 1999 Baltimore Ravens. Tell me we are going to be flooded with a lot of blue chip recruits who can turn this thing around. Because right now it feels like we have another Tom Herman as our coach. 

No. Jump.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Absent a massive talent upgrade at OL, things are going to get really ugly for us in the SEC in a couple of years. This game probably pushes Devon Campbell to OU. Banks headed to Oregon. Dewberry is going to Bama. 

Just stop watching, this is too much for you.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

"Worn down" by a team that averaged 3.3 ypc against Tulane, 2.0 ypc against West Virginia, and 4.1 ypc against Kansas State. Right.

blOU is a very average rushing team this year and they ran over us for 339 yards at 8.3 ypc (150 yards and 6.8 ypc in the 1st half our defense was rested and our offense was holding up its end of the bargain). This defense couldn't stop a basic GT counter and it's not going to get us to the Big 12 title game without huge improvement.

Huh it's almost like we are implementing a radical defensive system change with players that aren't the best fit for that system...who were recruited and coached by idiots.

Heck, the players were in the position to make the tackle at the line plenty of times and blew it.

So yeah missed tackles leading to big gains repeatedly tend to wear down a defense.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Judging the Tx/Ou game off prior games in the season is idiotic. Always has been. 

...actually, both our 2020 and 2019 losses to beatable blOU teams exposed issues that would haunt us for the rest of the year. Whether it was Herman's braindead coaching and overuse of Sam in 2020, or our massive defensive flaws and O-line issues in 2019. The blOU game has generally been a reliable indicator of how our season will go.

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

...actually, both our 2020 and 2019 losses to beatable blOU teams exposed issues that would haunt us for the rest of the year. Whether it was Herman's braindead coaching and overuse of Sam in 2020, or our massive defensive flaws and O-line issues in 2019. The blOU game has generally been a reliable indicator of how our season will go.

Using Herman’s inability to adjust on this Sark led team isn’t fair imo. Sark has show the ability to adjust to the personnel and was man handling a rattler led offense. Also, what did they expose that we already didn’t know? 

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

If you’re an offensive recruit I think this game was still a net positive. Casey, Worthy and of course Bijan balled out even with a bad OL. Obv could be been way more positive though.

If you’re on D, idk. Sure, early playing time opportunity but damn it’s hard to have faith in the coaches after that cluster. Tbh the scheme seemed ok, we had players in position to make plays most of the time. But individual performance (which is on coaches too) was a nightmare - missed tackles and gap assignments + those damn jump balls we couldn’t defend. 

In what world was Casey good. 

• Fuck You 10
  • Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Days like today reveal how much adversity people have seen in their lives

Welp there it is. I’m not far behind you brother. Couple more tequilas and I’ll be back to talk to you about the challenges of being a failed abortion in the Chernobyl radiation zone. 

4 minutes ago, bar said:

He played pretty well, pass-protection issues considered. Hit on some critical deep balls. That missed third-down in the 4th quarter when he overthrew Whittington(?) coming across the middle was probably the biggest blemish.

8 minutes ago, bar said:

in what world was Casey not amazing today? you can blame this game on the O-line, the D-line, the linebackers, the safeties, the corners even but fuck me if im going to let you blame this on Casey "I threw for fucking 5 TDs and No INTS" Thompson.

Edited by Longhorn94

49 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

I think you think the recruits are watching the same thing we are.  Banks doesn’t give a shit because he crossed 3rd choice UT off his list a long time ago and he’s already working on his signature Nike shoe with Uncle Phil.  

Campbell was rooting for both teams and a close loss or close win isn’t a difference maker for either team as long as Flood can live off his Bama highlights.  

Dewberry I can’t make presumptions about as I was sure he would have committed to Aggie when all his Houston buddies did.  

Again, if we shit the bed against OSU the back to back losses will have consequences as we lose control of the narrative.  I just think this is a weird year where we’re not in a dogfight for many of the same prospects as OU out of north or east Texas.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, LCHorn said:

I think you think the recruits are watching the same thing we are.  Banks doesn’t give a shit because he crossed 3rd choice UT off his list a long time ago and he’s already working on his signature Nike shoe with Uncle Phil.  

Campbell was rooting for both teams and a close loss or close win isn’t a difference maker for either team as long as Flood can live off his Bama highlights.  

Dewberry I can’t make presumptions about as I was sure he would have committed to Aggie when all his Houston buddies did.  

Again, if we shit the bed against OSU the back to back losses will have consequences as we lose control of the narrative.  I just think this is a weird year where we’re not in a dogfight for many of the same prospects as OU out of north or east Texas.  

Yup! If anything I think this game is showing recruits that Texas can score a ton of points on big plays and our best players are going to have big time stats.  Evan Stewart is paying attention to what Worthy is doing more than anything else.  Also, we look night and day better on offense and it’s with players that do not fit this system.  Recruits see this.  Have you seen aggy, lsu on offense?  Not that amazing.  We will still close strong if we can beat osu soundly and be consistent in our games.  

On the flip side, losing to osu completely kills any momentum and it’s going to be tough to get these guys to buy in if you don’t beat the teams you’re supposed to.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

My neighbor works in the Broncos scouting department. He disagrees that we're all that talented. He raved about Bijan and said we had a handful of good players and a lot of JAGs. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

I’m parroting this from Toadvine on IT, in

1 minute ago, Schulz2.0 said:

My neighbor works in the Broncos scouting department. He disagrees that we're all that talented. He raved about Bijan and said we had a handful of good players and a lot of JAGs. 

I’m repeating this from Toadvine on IT in case he’s creeping over here, but I think the revelations of the post Charlie years is that we lack the horses, regardless of development or coaching insufficiency (whereas the prevailing view is “look at the recruiting rankings?!?!  It’s just that Charlie can’t coach, errr…no, wunderkind Herman can’t coach, uhhh….I guess Sark and the “money is not a limitation” assistant coach dream team can’t coach).  

To Victory88’s point, if we can’t sell Evan Stewart an offense that produces Worthy as a 4 star freshman the whole recruiting staff needs to be sent to kindergarten level sales training.  “Hey Evan-this dude is getting 90% of our offensive production because we have NO ONE else and he’s at least sea-worthy.  You’re a quarter second faster in the 40, a better dancer and have like a million more tik-tok followers.  If we can get him 230 yards and a couple of touchdowns as a freshman in a rivalry game YOU will be a #1 draft pick and replacing Nick Cannon as the host of The Masked Singer before you graduate.”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Our 2022 Class is already at 22. 

How much room should SARK leave for going after a few transfers ??

16 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Anyone who doesn't see this has no idea what future pro talent looks like. I'd rep this 100x if I could.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, CoachTex said:

Edge and LB play was atrocious. Demo gets fooled on miss direction plays all the dam time when all he has to do is read his guard. Luke was catch blockers all game instead of filling the gap. This is shit that should have been fixed in practice. On top of that we are a terrible tackling team. 

Sometimes it hard to tell who is blocking whom when it comes to our LBs. They engage blockers instead of evading or shedding. It’s not just Luke. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting