Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

8 hours ago, ousux said:

Refs spotted blowU 10 points...I didnt realize until I came home and watched the recorded game. The gooner reciever stepped out of bounds on his own then came back to make the catch and keep the scoring drive alive..otherwise it's a punt. Can't believe the stupid fucking zebras didnt review Williams fumble that we recovered, he didnt get the throw off at all. Exact same scenario is routinely called a fumble in games across the country..we even had it go against us in the arky game.

Not saying we wouldnt have found other ways to allow them 10 points..but to have the refs help them out like that when their o-line was holding somewhere on nearly every play is simply maddening.

Never mind only one holding penalty called on their OL that I can recall from being at the game yesterday. The two most egregious ones not being called on that 3rd and forever prayer to tie the game. But can we teach our DBs to find the damn ball in the air? Same shit different day with these coaching staffs. FML

22 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

When was the last time Texas had a good defense. Was it Charlie’s first year? Quandres last year.

Anyway we need all the defensive players not worried about offense with sark. Yes we need OL but The defense man. I like the brock bro but no way should he be starting. We haven’t had a good LB since?

I don’t know about “good”, but we at least started tackling a 1/4th through Ash’s regime.     That’s all I want. To tackle. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ousux said:

Refs spotted blowU 10 points...I didnt realize until I came home and watched the recorded game. The gooner reciever stepped out of bounds on his own then came back to make the catch and keep the scoring drive alive..otherwise it's a punt. Can't believe the stupid fucking zebras didnt review Williams fumble that we recovered, he didnt get the throw off at all. Exact same scenario is routinely called a fumble in games across the country..we even had it go against us in the arky game.

Not saying we wouldnt have found other ways to allow them 10 points..but to have the refs help them out like that when their o-line was holding somewhere on nearly every play is simply maddening.

Couldn’t we have challenged? Is that not a thing anymore? Do we not have a load of people watching the game in the booth telling when to challenge or call a timeout at least?

1 hour ago, utexas8 said:

When was the last time Texas had a good defense. Was it Charlie’s first year? Quandres last year.

Anyway we need all the defensive players not worried about offense with sark. Yes we need OL but The defense man. I like the brock bro but no way should he be starting. We haven’t had a good LB since?

They were actually pretty solid in Orlando’s first year excluding Maryland

1 hour ago, utexas8 said:

Since Gary Johnson

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, RabidM said:

That's not good. We want them to keep Orgeron, like we wanted aggie to keep Sumlin. 

Long term, probably true, although the possible candidates for replacement aren’t overwhelming. For this cycle, we have a few head to head with them that could swing because of it. 

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I think some of you are just being emotional there are plenty of reasons for optimism. Casey played at an elite level and we finally have the deep ball now so this offense is officially legit. Defense will be a problem but there is not another team left on the schedule that can beat us in a shootout. The aggy win is not ideal but it is what it is. We will portal the f*** out of linemen and we will be a hot destination for skill guys. Priority #1 is getting Arch to love everything about his visit this week. We lost a tough game but that team I saw yesterday was still better than any team I’ve seen us put on the field in a long time. PK gotta get his crap together

As long as there is a problem with defense, there will always be a potential for a shootout. I get that we're damn nearly every team's Super Bowl, but OU sucks scored the most points it did all season against us. Some of that is mitigated by the fact that OU's backup QB came in and their offense began firing on all cylinders. 

Given the results of the first two conference games, don't be surprised if we're in for more close games decided by single digits. 

The coaching staff is selling future potential to recruits. Most can see it on the offensive side, but outside of DL, it's more difficult to visualize that potential on the defensive side. 

@Barbacoahave you heard any scuttlebutt about plans for the portal for defensive players?

2 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Long term, probably true, although the possible candidates for replacement aren’t overwhelming. For this cycle, we have a few head to head with them that could swing because of it. 

If LSU was smart there is a guy down in San Antonio that would be a good hire. 

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

As long as there is a problem with defense, there will always be a potential for a shootout. I get that we're damn nearly every team's Super Bowl, but OU sucks scored the most points it did all season against us. Some of that is mitigated by the fact that OU's backup QB came in and their offense began firing on all cylinders. 

Given the results of the first two conference games, don't be surprised if we're in for more close games decided by single digits. 

The coaching staff is selling future potential to recruits. Most can see it on the offensive side, but outside of DL, it's more difficult to visualize that potential on the defensive side. 

@Barbacoahave you heard any scuttlebutt about plans for the portal for defensive players?

I mean it’s modern CFB bro this is always a possibility haha. Everyone has shootouts

10 hours ago, ousux said:

That and on the deep ball to the corner basically every OL was holding.  That's 17 points...

34 minutes ago, T-dog said:
58 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:
Couldn’t we have challenged? Is that not a thing anymore? Do we not have a load of people watching the game in the booth telling when to challenge or call a timeout at least?

Holding is not reviewable

Should have challenged the fumble though

15 hours ago, alphahorn said:

I'm in the 10-2 camp if we win next week. Okie lite has 2 weeks to prepare.  This game had characteristics of the ARkansas game in that our D was on the field for a long time.  Part of the fact is how quickly we scored. The longest drive we had in the first half was the last drive to the field goal that lasted 3 whole minutes.  We have so little depth that Brock doesn't even get off the field for a blow. It's bad enough he has to start, but to think we don't even have a reliable sub is pretty fucked.  I think we go 10-2 because we outscore everyone from here on out.  And because we don't face another Lincoln Riley

I wonder if Sarkisian fails to realize that the quick strike offense, while exciting and absolutely essential at times, is nullified by the defense staying on the field for way too long. Time of possession is certainly not everything and I certainly don't advocating going full Jimbo snapping the ball with less than a second on the play clock (probably couldn't even do that because our OL doesn't focus and would likely be penalized), but it must be taken into account. 

16 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Only heard o line and wide receiver. But that was basically people targeting us. I think the portal will be open if it’s an upgrade at any spot. 

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I wonder if Sarkisian fails to realize that the quick strike offense, while exciting and absolutely essential at times, is nullified by the defense staying on the field for way too long. Time of possession is certainly not everything and I certainly don't advocating going full Jimbo snapping the ball with less than a second on the play clock (probably couldn't even do that because our OL doesn't focus and would likely be penalized), but it must be taken into account. 

Saying this a week after we almost lost to tcu due to struggles in the redzone is laughable. Never leave points on the field. Score, score, and score some more.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Won't matter if they lose 3 more.  They went 8-4 and due to a close lose to Clemson they were able to land a few 5 stars as a result. Nobody sells mediocrity like they do

Everyone who is mediocre and wants to get better has to in some way sell mediocrity.  A bag man system, top conference schtick, NFL draft, and starting spots up for grabs are the aggy M.O.

Who cares?  We need the guys that in the last few years have gone to Ohio State, Stanford, Alabama, and now Oregon.  Idgaf about aggy.  We're about to crash their party and if we can't sell our own brand of mediocrity while looking to the future with the sales pitch of NIL bagmen, top conference schtick, and starting spots up for grabs to secure some of the 5 star pool then what are we doing here?

Edited by squeegeedegg
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Won't matter if they lose 3 more.  They went 8-4 and due to a close lose to Clemson they were able to land a few 5 stars as a result. Nobody sells mediocrity like they do

maybe. that season also had 1st year head coach enthusiasm built into its recruiting results

12 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Only heard o line and wide receiver. But that was basically people targeting us. I think the portal will be open if it’s an upgrade at any spot. 

I am pretty certain it is fairly obvious to secondary and LB recruits when they see players miss a tackle or arrive just late or blow defending a pass...

• Hook 'Em 1

Never mind only one holding penalty called on their OL that I can recall from being at the game yesterday. The two most egregious ones not being called on that 3rd and forever prayer to tie the game. But can we teach our DBs to find the damn ball in the air? Same shit different day with these coaching staffs. FML
On the same play the gooner stepped out and came back in to keep the drive alive..Coburn lost his helmet. Guess an angel descended from the heavens and plucked it from his head...couldn't be blowU o-line with hands to face..unthinkable!
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Saying this a week after we almost lost to tcu due to struggles in the redzone is laughable. Never leave points on the field. Score, score, and score some more.

This is incorrect because the defense broke down roughly midway through the 4th quarter versus TCU. Leaving points on the board versus TCU was a totally different scenario where Sark chose to go for 2 and ended up with 0 when a near guaranteed 1 was available and then not taking a near guaranteed 3 when deciding to go for it on 4th and Goal. All of this made it an unnecessarily close game.

Against OU, the defense began noticeably wilting in the 3rd quarter coinciding with OU's defense starting to limit Bijan on outside zone. Additionally, the offense struggled to get into the red zone in the second half - IIRC, two trips for six points. Going from 35 points in the first half, to 13 points in the second half (with 7 coming late in the 4th quarter to tie the game), it's pretty obvious that offense became ineffective in the second half. The defense did its best to limit OU to multiple FGs, but as we've seen all season, it is prone to giving up long TD scores on both pass and run plays. 

Overall, the quick strike offense stopped working in the second half and it was painful to see Sarkisian remain stubborn while OU marched ever so slowly towards victory. Had he changed up his game plan just a tad keeping the offense on the field a bit longer while giving the defense rest, Texas might have squeaked out the win.

We need more playmakers. Teams are gonna wake up to X. Bijan can perform miracles everytime he touches the ball but we shouldn’t rely on that.  Flush the entire overrated defense down the shitter. But let overshown flush it because he’s the only thing with a pulse.  

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We need more playmakers. Teams are gonna wake up to X. Bijan can perform miracles everytime he touches the ball but we shouldn’t rely on that.  Flush the entire overrated defense down the shitter. But let overshown flush it because he’s the only thing with a pulse.  

Playmakers can't do shit. Trenches need help asap. 

42 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Dialing up a home run play with 1:30 left tells me he doesn’t care. We could have tried to bleed clock and score late to eliminate a real possession for them, and then even have the option to win or lose with a 2 pt try. 

But ou was still being hyper aggressive on defense to generate either a stop or a quick score, and sark kept going over the top of them as a result.  This after trying to run into it was resulting in quick stops. Had he kept going long the whole game, we likely score more points and win. He tried to do the prudent thing, which was slow it down but after a few drives of futility whereby we let them back in the game by not scoring or stopping them, it felt like deep passes and quick strikes were the best option. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We can’t rely on sustaining long drives against good teams because our OL is trash and will be exposed over time.

3 hours ago, utexas8 said:

If I remember correctly our D kept us in a lot of games Herman’s first year. So much so that a lot of us were slightly worried when Orlando was briefly linked to the SMU head coaching job.

@victory88 mentioned in another thread how Sark has something to sell to players like Evans. How recruits like dobbins will have a hard time saying no to a coach that uses his weapons. I agree with him.  I can't see how Stewart would wanna go anywhere after seeing what Sark done with Worthy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

@victory88 mentioned in another thread how Sark has something to sell to players like Evans. How recruits like dobbins will have a hard time saying no to a coach that uses his weapons. I agree with him.  I can't see how Stewart would wanna go anywhere after seeing what Sark done with Worthy. 

I think Stewart, along with others, is waiting on final confirmation on when we go SEC

52 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Bro, our team is putting up more points this year than any year I remember since Colt.  Our OL was exposed during the Arkansas game.  You don’t think tech, tcu, and ou knew that.  We’re still improving.  I like what I see.  And guess what, most teams outside of Bama and UGA have OL issues and that includes ou.  This line is needs improving but they are good enough for us to win every remaining game on the schedule.  

We’re 6 games into a new system with players that weren’t recruited for it and we look a lot better offensively than I expected.  It’s actually the defense that sad me surprised with how much they have regressed.  Some of you guys need to take a step back and see the improvement from playing hero ball with Sam the last 4 years.

Exactly, imagine how many points we'd put up if we could actually block.  It's really incredible production with one of the most horrific lines in the country

10 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Exactly, imagine how many points we'd put up if we could actually block.  It's really incredible production with one of the most horrific lines in the country

Now imagine being able to block PLUS having more than 2 WRs that can separate and a strong-armed QB (Casey played well yesterday, don't get me wrong). The latter two will definitely happen at some point. Our offense is gonna be insane if we can fix the OL. Defense is the real question mark.

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Now imagine being able to block PLUS having more than 2 WRs that can separate and a strong-armed QB 

sounds like bama last season.

is mac jones strong-armed? he’s a lot better than casey, either way. 

Edited by futureman

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Now imagine being able to block PLUS having more than 2 WRs that can separate and a strong-armed QB (Casey played well yesterday, don't get me wrong). The latter two will definitely happen at some point. Our offense is gonna be insane if we can fix the OL. Defense is the real question mark.

The teams best blocker is Marcus Washington lol 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting