Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

36 minutes ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

I haven’t. Most of the time, my middle aged brain can’t translate what these teenagers are putting out there on social media. But if you can translate for me I’m all ears. 

so far all positive. great atmosphere, great rivalry, best game of all time

• Hook 'Em 1

Recruits aren’t fans for the most part. They watch the game through a different prism with different expectations. They are watching their position group, their side of the ball, the experience. The W or the L is not why they are there for the most part. If you are an offensive recruit, you saw a lot of explosive plays and a good offense to play in. If you are a defensive recruit, you see playing time available and chance to make a difference. And it should be sold that way. Sure they want to play for a winner but they also need to see themselves as making the winner. That’s recruiting. And wimenz romancing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, alphahorn said:

No matter what aggie does tonight we already won the day even with our loss.  This was supposed to be their big day.  Gameday was supposed to be there. All eyes were supposed to be on that game. The ratings will suck because aggie shit the bed leading up to it.  even a win will be meh after losing to miss st at home. We had gameday, we played in what most will think of as one of the greatest games of the year.  Even with a loss today, we've outpaced aggie even if they win

No Way Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

No matter what aggie does tonight we already won the day even with our loss.  This was supposed to be their big day.  Gameday was supposed to be there. All eyes were supposed to be on that game. The ratings will suck because aggie shit the bed leading up to it.  even a win will be meh after losing to miss st at home. We had gameday, we played in what most will think of as one of the greatest games of the year.  Even with a loss today, we've outpaced aggie even if they win

Lmao you copy pasted this I’m dying

10-2 was always the goal for this season  with everyone expecting OU to be one of the 2, that goal is still out there.

Yes, but up 14-0, 28-7, 41-23 changes things. This program has been absolutely humiliated in its two national spotlight games this year. Getting to sell immediate playing time is a plus for sure but that’s about it.

22 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Yes, but up 14-0, 28-7, 41-23 changes things. This program has been absolutely humiliated in its two national spotlight games this year. Getting to sell immediate playing time is a plus for sure but that’s about it.

We lost on a last minute play in a rivalry game against a top 10 team.  Nothing humiliating about it.  

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah, today had the chance to change the trajectory of this program. And instead... ugh. 
I still don’t think everything is fucked, but yeah- next week is as must win as it gets. 

This. We had an opportunity and pissed it away. Aggy winning only makes it worse.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

On a side note, we really need Bama to not fuck this up.  Aggy winning this game is going to make it hard to flip the narrative.  Jimbo is going to sell that shit and recruits will buy it regardless of them struggling with half the conference.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Fuck off and put me on ignore if my lack of sunshine pumping triggers you this much.

There is lack of sunshine pumping but then there is you…the biggest gaping fucking pussy on shaggy/surly. You’re such a gigantic pussy your username became a verb. 

• Haha 8

Stayed away from the board and TV since our inexplicable loss. The first half performance showed we have the talent to perform at a high level and the second half unfortunately showed our biggest weakness- that is the lack of mental fortitude. How do you instill confidence in a team that's used to losing big games and having subpar seasons for more than a decade? We just needed one fucking stop. This loss hurt.

Today was winnable with a 21-point cushion and barely competent defense. We ended up with neither.
Refs spotted blowU 10 points...I didnt realize until I came home and watched the recorded game. The gooner reciever stepped out of bounds on his own then came back to make the catch and keep the scoring drive alive..otherwise it's a punt. Can't believe the stupid fucking zebras didnt review Williams fumble that we recovered, he didnt get the throw off at all. Exact same scenario is routinely called a fumble in games across the country..we even had it go against us in the arky game.

Not saying we wouldnt have found other ways to allow them 10 points..but to have the refs help them out like that when their o-line was holding somewhere on nearly every play is simply maddening.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Aggy winning doesn't help. This weekend was as disastrous as last weekend was perfect. 
On the plus side, Bryce Anderson was Heisman frontrunner until he got aggyed. Gives Bijan a little boost even though the gooners bottled him up pretty good in the second half.
  • Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:
Aggy winning doesn't help. This weekend was as disastrous as last weekend was perfect. 

On the plus side, Bryce Anderson was Heisman frontrunner until he got aggyed. Gives Bijan a little boost even though the gooners bottled him up pretty good in the second half.

Bryce Young. actually not a terrible point. if bijan won the heisman that would be big on the recruiting front. 

When was the last time Texas had a good defense. Was it Charlie’s first year? Quandres last year.

Anyway we need all the defensive players not worried about offense with sark. Yes we need OL but The defense man. I like the brock bro but no way should he be starting. We haven’t had a good LB since?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting