Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Are some of these “long shot” recruits going to be giving us another look if Sarkesian runs the remainder of the schedule?  Would they give Texas more consideration if Aggy does their thing and loses another game or two?

Or, has the die been cast on ‘22 uncommitted/listening kids that Texas would gladly take?

What I don't really understand is what our backup plans are at OL. I haven't really heard of a second wave of recruits that we are talking to in case of whiffs in our elite prospects. Some of those fallback options turned out pretty good in the past, guys like Conner Williams and Sam Cosmi. I would love to find some TEs that will outgrow the position as an example. 

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

What I don't really understand is what our backup plans are at OL. I haven't really heard of a second wave of recruits that we are talking to in case of whiffs in our elite prospects. Some of those fallback options turned out pretty good in the past, guys like Conner Williams and Sam Cosmi. I would love to find some TEs that will outgrow the position as an example. 

Portal. Portal. Oh, and portal.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Portal. Portal. Oh, and portal.

Probably fixing to turn things up with Malik Agbo and try to get him.

Need to tell Jaylon Early we want him to OV since he said he would if asked.  Is Early a Guard or Tackle?  Was originally listed as a Tackle, but now listed as a Guard at 320 lbs.

Hope for a Cam Williams flip.

Get Campbell.

After that who knows??

2 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Really hoping the continued playing time for Luke Brockermeyer is us holding up our end of the bargain in exchange for transfers from Tommy and James. 

Unfortunately, seeing Jaylan Ford and David Gbenda play was all we needed as reasoning. Even Adeoye was getting PT on Saturday, that's how you know it's bad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Why is nothing showing up for me. Memes gifs tweets natta. Lots of you guys have blank white posts 

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Same problem as @Sgt Hulk  

Tweets, gif's, pics not showing up.

Fyi @immamac

8 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

I've got the same issue as LTxfan and Sgt Hulk.  No images, and also can't seem to quote other posts in replies.  The quote button just bumps me back up to the top of the page.

There's a thread for this, guys

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Holy shit, I actually like Dark mode more than light mode. Shit looks cool as hell.

When someone does a straight copy and paste the text might show up kind of blacked out. Just highlight it with your cursor to see that stuff.

Edited by maninblack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Barbacoa said:

Jacoby Matthews and Quency Wiggins are two I was told to pay attention to. Especially if they make it to campus. Not to commit, but for us to really enter the race. Good sign. 

Even being in contention for Matthews seems like it would say a lot about the recruiting..infrastructure 

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

Unfortunately, seeing Jaylan Ford and David Gbenda play was all we needed as reasoning. Even Adeoye was getting PT on Saturday, that's how you know it's bad.

No offense to our walk ons that have earned scholarships but I’d like to see teams in the top 10 that have two walk ons on defense that get substantial playing time. Don’t get enough quality LB/DE croots. O and Brock are fucking gassed at the end of the games and if those guys get hurt or kicked for targeting we’re bonked. 
Need Perkins. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting