Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

41 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The kind of class they have now is the kind that leads to winning something. It's loaded at the positions that matter. They hit on two OL just last class as well.

Jimbo had 7 or less wins his last two years at FSU with 4 top 3-5 classes in a row. In the ACC. I’ll believe he’s still capable of a championship (conference or otherwise) when I see it.

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Alabama is a WR factory - damn near impossible for anyone to compete with that. Amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley, Jaylen Waddle, Jerry Jeudy, Devonta Smith, Julio Jones, etc. Even Ruggs was promising before blowing it  

Haha. They're an everything factory. You used to be able to say they don't put QBs in the league, but now you have Hurts, Tua, and Mac Jones starting every week.

1 minute ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

If I had to chose, I’d take flipping Banks, landing Campbell and one other OL over signing Stewart, who could turn out to be a head case anyhow. 

Banks is clearly the biggest fish, then Campbell. And not just physically. With a great OL and even decent QB and RB play, a lot of receivers out there would prove more than adequate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

This is just a lie. I've seen plenty of scheme adjustments from alignment to disguise to stunts/twists/ slants to flipping front to changing personnel. He has tried. Obviously, none of it has worked but you don't need to lie on the guy to make your point. He tried to crowd the line of scrimmage vs OU and missed tackles in the backfield(thanks Jerrin and schooler) turned into 80 yard TD runs, then he overcorrected the next week and went back to the shell vs okie lite and got gashed. He may suck but its not for lack of effort or willingness to change. Lazy take.

You can disagree with someone else's perspective without deliberately and aggressively impugning their character. You call me a liar several times in this post because I said the guy isn't making adjustments, and your rebuttal outside of that is that he's tweaking shit on the fringes. Call me stupid, tell me I don't know football, whatever you'd like, but calling another poster's integrity into question because of an observation they've posited is over the top and speaks to some sort of dogwhistling emotional reaction I have with you when I make a simple post. 

The dude is showing up every week with a 3 man base front, playing catch & release with the DL, not selling out at any point in a rational attempt to stop the run, and he continues to allow Luke Brockermeyer and other terrible shitheads to start and play the majority of the game. The rest is window dressing. If you think he actually made "adjustments" against OU once Williams was taking snaps, we have no need to chat further because it's not worth the calories. 

Also, negged for being a cunt.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

If I had to chose, I’d take flipping Banks, landing Campbell and one other OL over signing Stewart, who could turn out to be a head case anyhow. 

100%. It isnt even close. I would take Banks over Stewart and be happier than a pig in shit. 

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Jimbo had 7 or less wins his last two years at FSU with 4 top 3-5 classes in a row. In the ACC. I’ll believe he’s still capable of a championship (conference or otherwise) when I see it.

29-19 in conference play the last 6 seasons with loaded recruiting classes. 

I think aggy will once again be a 5-3 or a 4-4 conference team next year based on what they will lose. 

That will be at least 3 losses in conference play in 6 of the last 7 years. The 1 year where Jimbo didn’t lose at least 3 happened to be the Covid year (so yeah). 

Jimbo can recruit but how much evidence do you need that this guy might be a 3 or 4 loss coach in conference play outside of random years like the Covid year?  

Edited by texasstrong12

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

I still don’t understand how ATM has enough money lined up to bag all these 5 star auctions at the same time when competing with other schools playing the game. Meanwhile we can’t muster up enough for one of them. 

It's called commitment. A&M has been a more committed program than us for many years now. 

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

we've done it twice...along with losing to Baylor, TCU, Tech, ISU, Maryland, and others in embarrassing fashion.

Yeah I think my original description was pretty on point.....and sadly I would typically be considered a sunshine pumper on this forum...heck I was just a few short weeks ago....

You forgot Cal...

Just to make sure I can put myself out of misery. Is there any way that Ewers would transfer to A&M and Stewart knows about that? They are close enough (had that "private" throwing session way back when with a couple other WRs the 9.95erts attended) that it wouldn't surprise me if Stewart knew if that's what Ewers was thinking. I obviously get the $250k angle, but it's still a long-term boneheaded decision in terms of development for the NFL for the real money.

2 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Just to make sure I can put myself out of misery. Is there any way that Ewers would transfer to A&M and Stewart knows about that? They are close enough (had that "private" throwing session way back when with a couple other WRs the 9.95erts attended) that it wouldn't surprise me if Stewart knew if that's what Ewers was thinking. I obviously get the $250k angle, but it's still a long-term boneheaded decision in terms of development for the NFL for the real money.

calm down al pacino GIF

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This infuriates me every game. Our pre-snap alignment is often not appropriate to stop the most likely play call. It’s maddening. 

The Kansas one makes me mad. OU one is light, but loading the box in that situation isnt smart either. Biggest reason is Kansas is fucking slow. If you are worried about Kansas throwing over your head you have issues. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Codaxx said:

The Kansas one makes me mad. OU one is light, but loading the box in that situation isnt smart either. Biggest reason is Kansas is fucking slow. If you are worried about Kansas throwing over your head you have issues. 

Exactly this. How many times vs OU or whoever have we gotten into that situation and they never intended to run, especially when we come out lined up heavy to stop it. And unfortunately you're correct about Kansas. It confuses me, too. Maybe he is stubborn like you guys say, but he can't be that dumb, overnight. Frustrating.

6 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Against that defensive front Oklahoma is running 9/10 times 

B6E54613-FA8E-467B-80FB-EAAB2E47C9AC.jpeg

Just now, UncleBuck said:

Exactly this. How many times vs OU or whoever have we gotten into that situation and they never intended to run, especially when we come out lined up heavy to stop it. And unfortunately you're correct about Kansas. It confuses me, too. Maybe he is stubborn like you guys say, but he can't be that dumb, overnight. Frustrating.

It is just weird. There is 8 in the box, but the Safeties are at 11 and 12 yards and LBs are 4 yards. That is your kind of your standard positioning. Nobody thinks to step up a yard. It like this is the defense alignment sent to them in the summer and they are sticking to it. Just naturally you would think the LBs would creep up on their own accord

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.13cfa69a2871c478987aa91bcde25fa3.png

image.png.fcfad398996cec734234301058e9f8e7.png

16 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This infuriates me every game. Our pre-snap alignment is often not appropriate to stop the most likely play call. It’s maddening. 

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

It is just weird. There is 8 in the box, but the Safeties are at 11 and 12 yards and LBs are 4 yards. That is your kind of your standard positioning. Nobody thinks to step up a yard. It like this is the defense alignment sent to them in the summer and they are sticking to it. Just naturally you would think the LBs would creep up on their own accord

According to @RaysBoomBoomRoom , you guys are frauds and liars. Stop saying these things as your dishonesty might hurt Peter The Great Kwiatkowski's feelings. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Decommits the day the news leaks about the SEC move.

Commits to TCU the same week we beat them.

Flips back (?) during a 5 game losing streak, immediately after losing to Kansas.

Decision making like that will fit right in with this defense.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with fat pat getting canned.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting