Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

25 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Nothing, not sure what @Vertigo 's deal is

He has been a marginal take by the staff all year, in the same boat as Winfield as guys that we wouldn't loose a ton of sleep over if we lost. I am not saying he is necessarily a bad player, but if the staff feels that way about him then I question how big if an impact he will have. It is possible and highly likely that I am dead fucking wrong. I just don't see those types of guys work out too often.

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He has been a marginal take by the staff all year, in the same boat as Winfield as guys that we wouldn't loose a ton of sleep over if we lost. I am not saying he is necessarily a bad player, but if the staff feels that way about him then I question how big if an impact he will have. It is possible and highly likely that I am dead fucking wrong. I just don't see those types of guys work out too often.

Winfield has been better as a senior. At worst he sets a much better floor to the WR room than what we've had previously.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Have you missed the part where most of our players on the team are currently JAGS?  I'd take a marginal take, from where we are sitting that would be an upgrade.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He’s a high upside player with positional versatility and we will have plenty of roster space to take him.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

We kept him as a take all summer, don’t know why you think we’re in a position to be more picky after 5 straight losses than we were before the season started.

5 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Decommits the day the news leaks about the SEC move.

Commits to TCU the same week we beat them.

Flips back (?) during a 5 game losing streak, immediately after losing to Kansas.

Decision making like that will fit right in with this defense.

Elite backpedal.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

What am I missing on Guilbeau?  He’s from the golden triangle.  We need more of these guys; not less.  We just have to keep them from kicking bitches off the field.  Kicking bitches on the field is acceptable.

This. I’ll take as many golden triangle kids as possible. They always play above expectations.   Pretty much the anticentral texas players. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Since I am on a role of scorching hot takes today I had one random thought cross my mind. What if the flip candidate was Jordan Hudson?

Rumor I have been hearing is that Dykes to TCU is done behind the scenes. If Dykes/Samples leaves there is no way Hudson sticks at SMU. 

You're right. Hudson will flip to TCU.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Since I am on a role of scorching hot takes today I had one random thought cross my mind. What if the flip candidate was Jordan Hudson?
Rumor I have been hearing is that Dykes to TCU is done behind the scenes. If Dykes/Samples leaves there is no way Hudson sticks at SMU. 

Problem is that Samples is likely going with Dykes, making TCU the flip-to.

Now obviously a lot of us would like to see Samples here, but I’d bet against that right now.

12 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

OK hasn't gotten the best players in Texas since the AD days

It’s weird, it seems OU isn’t in the high-profile battles but they still have 49 Texans on the roster and plenty contributing. Seems they target lower profile but still solid recruits and lock them down without much drama in Texas. Whatever their strategy, they win a shitload of games with those kids. 

13 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Know nothing about that dude and his character questions. My take was about needing cancers. Cancer's kill the host or the host is able to survive by ridding itself of the cancer. You don't need cancers on a team, they destroy from within. Did Waddle get kicked off his high school team and not play his senior year? Most likely two different scenarios. Closest one I immediately think of is Zach Evans. If he had an offer, it got pulled just like everyone else pulled. Worked out well for TCU right? Portal bitch that he is. 

Stop there everyone. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Vertigo said:

So your thought on who the flip candidate is jordan Hudson about 6 hours after the actual flip candidate actually flipped publicly to Texas? Am I understanding this correctly?

Bold move, cotton. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vertigo said:

8 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

You're right. Hudson will flip to TCU.

6 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Problem is that Samples is likely going with Dykes, making TCU the flip-to.

Now obviously a lot of us would like to see Samples here, but I’d bet against that right now.

Unless we do the unthinkable and hire Samples although idk if that happens and know nothing. 

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Stop there everyone. 

24 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Everyone stop reading there please. 

I made it to “dude” before I stopped. A pro puts that he knows nothing at the end of their thoughts haha

17 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's not an apples to apples comparison because Xavier Worthy is a true Freshman the other is a redshirt freshman. 

that's an easy fix lol someone tweet this to that guy.

5* WR TRUE FRESHMAN Comparison Texas & Texas A&M.

Xavier Worthy Vs Demond Demas

Worthy: 10 Games - 4.9 Rec per Game - 11 TD’s - 1.1 TD per Game - 831 Rec Yards - 83.1 Yds Per Game

Demas: 4 Games - 0 Rec per Game - 0 TD - .00 TD’s Per Game - 0 Rec Yds - 0.0 Yds Per Game

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just checking on twitter activity this is a kid who may be on our radar. A few of our staff members including Brandon Harris have been liking all of his tweets and he plays a position of need. Hopefully this Cristobal to Miami smoke is real.
https://247sports.com/player/tj-dudley-46084527/

He OV’ed in June so yeah, on the radar is one way to put it
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

So your thought on who the flip candidate is jordan Hudson about 6 hours after the actual flip candidate actually flipped publicly to Texas? Am I understanding this correctly?

Bold move, cotton. 

I did say it was a scorching hot take. Let's just have a better day today Vertigo mkay?

im-good-enough-im-smart-enough.gif

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Winfield has been better as a senior. At worst he sets a much better floor to the WR room than what we've had previously.

I think there just generally needs to be a recalibration across the board regarding who Texas will and should take in this class.

The anti-Winfield sentiment came from folks covering the program who watch these guys. He doesn't have elite speed. Okay. He appears to be pretty good at that whole "catching the football" part. Sign the motherfucker up. There isn't a group of guys above him that is collectively signing here. Texas looks good with Thompson, they won't be signing Stewart, and if they're unwilling to do something blatantly obvious like hire Rashad Samples, they're not landing Hudson. So, yeah, give me Winfield. 

The same is applicable at DB. Outside of @Vertigo's melting take about him, no one I trust has ever poopoo'd the guy. The dude folks seem less enthused by is Hyphen. I'll take both if Texas can get them. Fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I think there just generally needs to be a recalibration across the board regarding who Texas will and should take in this class.

The anti-Winfield sentiment came from folks covering the program who watch these guys. He doesn't have elite speed. Okay. He appears to be pretty good at that whole "catching the football" part. Sign the motherfucker up. There isn't a group of guys above him that is collectively signing here. Texas looks good with Thompson, they won't be signing Stewart, and if they're unwilling to do something blatantly obvious like hire Rashad Samples, they're not landing Hudson. So, yeah, give me Winfield. 

The same is applicable at DB. Outside of @Vertigo's melting take about him, no one I trust has ever poopoo'd the guy. The dude folks seem less enthused by is Hyphen. I'll take both if Texas can get them. Fuck. 

The speed queens on this board and others are the worst offenders. They don't want good to real good receivers that can thrive in the underneath to mid range passing game. The receiver room needs to be a collection of different kinds of guys, preferably not Bobby Kennedy or Tom Herman type receivers. Yes Winfield, Hudson, and etc don't run 10.5 100m but they're not slow and they're very good route runners and catch the ball well away from their body. These types IMO will open up for for Worthy because they'll have to be counted on underneath with big play ability across the various parts of the field. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The speed queens on this board and others are the worst offenders. They don't want good to real good receivers that can thrive in the underneath to mid range passing game. The receiver room needs to be a collection of different kinds of guys, preferably not Bobby Kennedy or Tom Herman type receivers. Yes Winfield, Hudson, and etc don't run 10.5 100m but they're not slow and they're very good route runners and catch the ball well away from their body. These types IMO will open up for for Worthy because they'll have to be counted on underneath with big play ability across the various parts of the field. 

I think the speed queens are echoing the mantra that Tommy H was a size queen.  I know Eagles was a big guy, but plenty fast.  Same with Moore, Whittington, etc.  Brenan Thompson is fucking fast.

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I get people being "meh" on Winfield. He doesnt possess any special trait. I think the bigger issue is he is one of 2 WR commits, If he was the 3rd-4th guy I dont think anyone would be saying much. That isnt to knock him, because a smart, good route running, and sure handed WR is a huge need for Texas. That is harder to see, unless you really go down the rabbit hole with film. I sure as hell am not going to put that effort in, so I have no idea if that describes him. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting