2021 Texas HS football

8 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Huh... Franklin doesn't commit illegal procedure/motion every time they line up.  Conclusion:  F Liberty Hill.

They've Gunter has been called for a couple of motion penalties and that last one to erase the long TD pass on the last play of the half was pretty big.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Helobious said:

I don’t know shit about small schools so here’s my 4A & up predictions. Take them to the bank

4A D2: China Spring over Gilmer in a close one 

4A D1: Austin LBJ over Stephenville by 2 scores

5A D2: Liberty Hill over Dallas SOC by 4 or 5 TDs

5A D1: Katy Paetow over College Station by a TD

6A D2: Westlake over Guyer by 4 trillion. Sidenote: that tiny freshman that came in vs Westlake a couple years ago when Stowers got hurt is Guyers starting QB now. Blew up with 21 offers, including Bama & ND. 

6A D1: North Shore over Duncanville by a TD

I’ll play along:

China Spring 27-17 Gilmer. Cougar D is not a joke and will put a choke hold on Buckeyes O. Cougars in a close game. 

LBJ 38 Stephenville 17: Too much speed and playing for the coach and his belated son. Sic Em Jags!

SOC 31 Liberty Hill 21: Doubt dem Bears at your own risk. Call them butter because they are own a roll. DISD holla! 

Paetow 27 College Station 24: 4 years since inception of the foosball, Katy ISD upstart raises the hardware. Incredible. 

Duncanville 24 North Shore 16: That Panther D is too mucho for the Mustangs and their Frosh QB. Samples finally gets his due. 

Westlake 41 Guyer 10: Westlake cruises and pulls starters in the late 3rd or early 4th. Dodge goes out with a 3-peat.

Edited by JerrysJheriCurl

11 hours ago, JerrysJheriCurl said:

I’ll play along:

Paetow 27 College Station 24: 4 years since inception of the foosball, Katy ISD upstart raises the hardware. Incredible. 

Paetows season should have a giant asterisk by it. Having 50% higher enrollment than every other school basically makes a mockery of the classification system.  

13 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’m sure he’ll pass for 400 & Westlake wins easy. Won’t change my opinion. But I guess that’s for a different thread.

If you watch him and cannot see how good he really is then you have no eye for talent.

This guy will be a top 3 NFL draft pick in 3 years or whenever he chooses to leave Clemson.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Paetows season should have a giant asterisk by it. Having 50% higher enrollment than every other school basically makes a mockery of the classification system.  

Yep...  Hope they note it a few times tonight during the broadcast.   It would be nice if one of the UIL honchos would be asked why this is allowed to occur during halftime of this game.  It's not the first time either.   A few years ago Shadow Creek and Manvel had a similar situation when they were new schools albeit they didn't sneak in with 3100 students like Paetow.   They were around 2300 to 2400 for both seasons in that realignment period.  Paetow would be one of the top 50 in enrollment in the state in 6A today.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yep...  Hope they note it a few times tonight during the broadcast.   It would be nice if one of the UIL honchos would be asked why this is allowed to occur during halftime of this game.  It's not the first time either.   A few years ago Shadow Creek and Manvel had a similar situation when they were new schools albeit they didn't sneak in with 3100 students like Paetow.   They were around 2300 to 2400 for both seasons in that realignment period.  Paetow would be one of the top 50 in enrollment in the state in 6A today.  

It would be nice but I highly doubt anything other than " they'll move to 6a next year " will be said. 

My son's team beat Shadow Creek in non-district the last two years to help welcome them to 6a. They didn't handle it too well. Totally classless. Dirty team, about 1 case of Gatorade provided in the locker room for 70 players plus coaches, trainers, ball boys etc. They left the field and turned off the scoreboard the second the game was over. Just garbage all the way around...

They still got off easy by getting put in a district with 4 layups, 3 of which are an hour away from them.  

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/16/2021 at 10:22 AM, Helobious said:

He is a great high school qb. He won’t do anything in college though, he’ll get passed up on the depth chart, transfer, and be forgotten. He’s more Hudson card than Sam Ehlinger imo (yes I know card went to a different school). Ewers is and will be way better. 

Hahaha!!, after spending a whole season of you negating my comments about Westlake being disrespected and underrated, (and yes, I was mostly making them in jest), you come out with this post that disrespects and underrates our very best player!!! C'mon, you have to see the humor in that.    

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

LBJ Austin about to start at 11. Rooting for them.

Good article on playoff schedule...

https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/high-school-sports/how-to-watch-2021-texas-high-school-football-state-championships/ 

Also found some channel numbers...

Channel listings for Bally Sports Southwest 

• Spectrum: Main, 54; Plus, 319
  • Grande Communications: Main, 31 (SD), 831 (HD); Plus, 134 (SD), 934 (HD)
  • AT&T: 754 (SD), 1754 (HD)
  • Google Fiber: Main, 205; Plus, 206
  • DirecTV: 676
  • Dish Network: 416

Also if you get someone's login (like DirecTV Satellite) you can login in on Bally Sports App.

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Good article on playoff schedule...

https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/high-school-sports/how-to-watch-2021-texas-high-school-football-state-championships/ 

Also found some channel numbers...

Channel listings for Bally Sports Southwest 

• Spectrum: Main, 54; Plus, 319
  • Grande Communications: Main, 31 (SD), 831 (HD); Plus, 134 (SD), 934 (HD)
  • AT&T: 754 (SD), 1754 (HD)
  • Google Fiber: Main, 205; Plus, 206
  • DirecTV: 676
  • Dish Network: 416

Also if you get someone's login (like DirecTV Satellite) you can login in on Bally Sports App.

on Xfinity, it's on the Bally sports channel

1 minute ago, usmc0331horn said:

I have to go to the gym to watch it? Will they make it impossible to get out of my contract again?

a year ago I was upset because i didn't get access since i was living in VA.  The prior years i was able to watch it through the FOX app until last year. So i'm happy that xfinity carries the games because that's the only cable option we have here in this area (Lago Mar)

1 hour ago, JerrysJheriCurl said:

I guess LBJ should have an exclamation point next to theirs. Moving up to 5A (per their petition to the UIL)… and with an enrollment of a whopping 834. 

Yeah thats impressive but nobody forced them up, and aren't they a magnet school,  which means pretty much anything is fair game as far as attendance zone?

Edited by Dennis Taylor