Euro 2020/2021

shnsajax

16 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

No, numbnuts, I expect them to plead not to get a red or to express concern for the player they hacked. A caution there was deserved, possibly even fortunate.

And he probably knows that. But they are going to plead their case, they are professionals. They are hoping to put some doubt into the refs head on the next call - maybe when Pepe does the same thing, make the ref question is that worth a card?

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

And he probably knows that. But they are going to plead their case, they are professionals. They are hoping to put some doubt into the refs head on the next call - maybe when Pepe does the same thing, make the ref question is that worth a card?

Guess we see it differently, but when I see a player who is only given a yellow for a deliberately reckless challenge from behind, most of them express some level of concern for the individual they just trashed as well as gratitude to the ref for his leniency.

Protesting that the caution wasn't deserved is idiotic and, if I were that ref, I'd start looking for an excuse to ship him out, particularly now that KdB has gone out.

In other words, he'd be on very, very thin ice.

14 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Guess we see it differently, but when I see a player who is only given a yellow for a deliberately reckless challenge from behind, most of them express some level of concern for the individual they just trashed as well as gratitude to the ref for his leniency.

Protesting that the caution wasn't deserved is idiotic and, if I were that ref, I'd start looking for an excuse to ship him out, particularly now that KdB has gone out.

In other words, he'd be on very, very thin ice.

But this certainly isn't how european refs call these. For a 2nd yellow, it almost needs to be a red card level foul.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

But this certainly isn't how european refs call these. For a 2nd yellow, it almost needs to be a red card level foul.

Well, the first yellow would've been a red-card-level foul to many so ...

Edited by Braff Zacklin
hyphenating compound modifier

Belgium manager Roberto Martinez gave this update after the game.

“It was a really bad tackle [on De Bruyne] and we will see. We have no diagnosis. Hazard is a muscle injury and we will see in 48 hours,” Martinez said.

De Bruyne and Hazard will both undergo scans in the next 24 hours to see if they can play against Italy in Munich on Friday.

Photos showed De Bruyne walking off the team plane with no protective boot and without a limp, so that is positive for the Belgium camp.

• Hook 'Em 3