Other NCAA Regionals Thread

WBT

13 minutes ago, WBT said:

Color man says that timeout call is going to go down in gata history

Because I needed some SEC tears to sweeten my coffee tomorrow morning, I tuned into the Florida radio broadcast.  It's been absolutely glorious!

I understand the frustration with the timeout / no timeout situation, but the batter didn't run after he made contact, the pitcher was slowing his release, and the catcher was coming out of his crouch.  The three principles all seemed to recognize that a timeout was granted.  And it's not like Gata had a lead and it gave South Alabama a chance to overtake them.  Gata was behind when it happened  

2 minutes ago, petscii said:

Tying run comes to the plate in the 8th/9th pretty often in college ball,   I'd not count Florida out yet.  I'd love to see them burn for sure. But I'd not bet on it.

If they do come back they will be insufferable. 

You're a very bad gambler. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If Florida goes 2 and a Q after the handwringing about being pitted against their regional in the super, I will fucking explode into laughter. There’s no way, right?

You called it right on the implosion. That said- I don’t want the high beta team in my bracket as the higher seeded team. They got got with their inconsistency but it could have gone the other way. 

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a 1 seed mail it in during the postseason like Florida has this year. Something else is going on there.

Maybe Sully took the LSU job and they know he’s headed to BR when this is over 

My buddy’s team played south Alabama. His team went 12-12 in conference and those guys were the only ones who swept him. They also played Florida and lost 5-1 to them but the sores vis a vis my friends team were similar between the 2 schools. Not that the transitive property in baseball matters but I think S Bama is legit. Not like threat to win Omaha legit, nit a good solid team.  

7 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a 1 seed mail it in during the postseason like Florida has this year. Something else is going on there.

SEC overrated perhaps? Except Arky maybe. They're pretty good. Naaaahhh

Edited by jw4381
  • Hook 'Em 1

Feel bad for the Florida players.   O'Sullivan not trying to win this game.    He would have pulled the starter much, much earlier.    A sin to let your team be embarassed.    Florida likely has internal problems.

4 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

SEC overrated perhaps? Except Arky maybe. They're pretty good. Naaaahhh

SEC is very good.  But are they overrated?

Well, yes, as usual.

Fla has a lot of talent, but they also have a lot of quit.  LSU should have never even traveled for this thing.  Just a plain old mediocre College Baseball team.  And that's being generous.

• Hook 'Em 1