Conan's final show- airing now

shadow_operative

I remember all the Conan worship at the other place and how everyone lost their shit when Conan didn’t get the tonight show.  Now I’m only the third post on an hours old thread about his exit from late night talk.  When did you guys start hating Conan?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, woohorn said:
6 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:
I feel like I'm walking into a minefield, but who the fuck is Conan? Going to go ahead and assume not the Barbarian or Destroyer ... 

I am going to assume you are not Team Coco...

I spent way too much on Chanel makeup and clothes ... does that get me on the team?

3 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I feel like I'm walking into a minefield, but who the fuck is Conan? Going to go ahead and assume not the Barbarian or Destroyer ... 

You sure about that?

1436474031-conan-madmax.gif

26 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Did you laugh?

No. I mean, maybe metaphorically. At you, not with you.

But I did laugh my ass off when Conan went to Cuba. That was comedy gold.

Did you know that he’s Irish? And tall?

And on Colbert tonight one of his former writers said something about Betty White’s sex dungeon. Can’t find the video on YouTube. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

1 minute ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Like you, I employed wikipedia ... it just was not obvious to which entry this thread related.

No need for wikipedia in this instance--Harrison Bergeron has long been one of my favorite shorts from Welcome to the Monkeyhouse. I read a lot of Vonnegut back in the day.

5 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

I remember all the Conan worship at the other place and how everyone lost their shit when Conan didn’t get the tonight show.  Now I’m only the third post on an hours old thread about his exit from late night talk.  When did you guys start hating Conan?

Well to be completely fair, there is a Conan thread.

9 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Well, technically he did get The Tonight Show.  NBC just never gave it a real chance to find its groove.  Then they allowed the bobblehead who previously hosted and refused to ever actually step away take back over when the 4:00pm dinner at Luby's demo didn't immediately get Conan's humor.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

This thread doesn't get the love not because people don't like Conan, its more that people don't love talk shows anymore. Why watch a talk show live. Any decent segment or episode is going to be on youtube within a short time. I'm not going to watch a boring segment when youtube will eventually recommend a funny segment next year.

Outside of sports or news, there is no must-watch-tv. I know people that will wait to watch a tv series until the last episode of the entire series airs. There are only a few series I will watch before I'm fairly confident there will be a season 2.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

The year 2000 sketches in the 90s were comedy gold... then he kept doing them after 2000 which made them even funnier. 

When they found Grady and he came on the show and danced under a huge Grady sign is something I saw when it aired and haven't been able to find since that time. 

This thread doesn't get the love not because people don't like Conan, its more that people don't love talk shows anymore. Why watch a talk show live. Any decent segment or episode is going to be on youtube within a short time. I'm not going to watch a boring segment when youtube will eventually recommend a funny segment next year.
Outside of sports or news, there is no must-watch-tv. I know people that will wait to watch a tv series until the last episode of the entire series airs. There are only a few series I will watch before I'm fairly confident there will be a season 2.

I agree. It could be the disconnect between the general public and Hollywood elite too. Who know. I can stomach watching Fallon for the first 20 minutes but I flip it when he starts the interviews

1 hour ago, RPM said:

I can't stand Fallon. It pisses me off that my dvr catches the last minute of his show when recording Seth Meyers.

I think you might be overreacting. The last minute is...what? The Roots playing the outro and maybe Jimmy thanking his guests? Pull that stick out of your ass.

Also, are you watching any of Seth Meyers after A Closer Look? That’s usually when I tune out and call it a night. It’s rare that he has an interesting guest to interview. 

11 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think you might be overreacting. The last minute is...what? The Roots playing the outro and maybe Jimmy thanking his guests? Pull that stick out of your ass.

Also, are you watching any of Seth Meyers after A Closer Look? That’s usually when I tune out and call it a night. It’s rare that he has an interesting guest to interview. 

I watch almost all of the interviews unless the guest is someone idgaf about. Same with Colbert. 

It really wouldn't matter who the band is, it's Fallon and I hate it.

I'm pretty OG when it comes to late night shows. Grew up watching Carson. When I lived in Refugio I had to turn the antenna to pull in a weak af San Antonio signal to watch the first years of Letterman because the Corpus station went off the air after Carson.  Stuck with Conan from Day 1. It was a rocky start, but paid off.

Edited by RPM

4 hours ago, RPM said:

I watch almost all of the interviews unless the guest is someone idgaf about. Same with Colbert. 

It really wouldn't matter who the band is, it's Fallon and I hate it.

I'm pretty OG when it comes to late night shows. Grew up watching Carson. When I lived in Refugio I had to turn the antenna to pull in a weak af San Antonio signal to watch the first years of Letterman because the Corpus station went off the air after Carson.  Stuck with Conan from Day 1. It was a rocky start, but paid off.

But you still watch SNL, don’t you? That show has sucked for years. At least it was still funny when Fallon was on it. It doesn’t make sense that anyone can still watch SNL but “hate” Jimmy Fallon. Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

I’m not a big fan of Fallon’s Tonight Show but I tune in occasionally when Colbert or Kimmel are repeats or have boring guests. Fallon has some decent bits. And he has the occasional stand-up comedian like Carson used to. I don’t see that on the other late night talk shows. And I’m pretty sure his show was the first place I saw Black Pumas perform.

Oh, and he was perfectly fine in Band of Brothers. And Almost Famous (respectfully).

Edited by WhatTheBuck

On 6/25/2021 at 11:40 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

i was so, so pumped for Better Call Saul. now? i barely remember that the show exists and is still going. other than Mrs.Kettleman's epic tits, i couldn't tell you anything about the early seasons. it feels like a few episodes come out, they take 2-3 years off, then give you another little taste of the show before disappearing for another eon or two. it's a beating. 

Edited by shadow_operative

On 6/25/2021 at 4:06 PM, NorthLoop said:

The year 2000 sketches in the 90s were comedy gold... then he kept doing them after 2000 which made them even funnier. 

Forgot all about the year 2000 sketches. But I still remember the In the Year 2000 "song" before each prediction.

Ferguson has said quitting was the biggest mistake he's ever made, but he was burned out at the time.
I have zero idea what kind of loot Ferguson was bringing down, but you've GOTTA do something with that creative mind.

I wonder what Conan will end up doing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, bluto said:

Always thought Craig Ferguson was extremely underrated with his interviews. And he came across as very genuine/likeable and self deprecating.

love watching craig ferguson for..... craig ferguson