2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

These coaches want to win.  Bijan, Xavier, Ewers, RoJo, J Whitt want to win.  They know they need elite talent to beat Bama.  Whatever you want to call it.  This offense has enough raw talent to compete with any blue blood at the skill positions of the coaches can develop them.  If we can this O-line to improve even up to average, this is going to be a top 10 offense.  

For the first time in a very long time, I like the overall talent in the starting lineup (excluding defensive end). It's not national title good, but it's Big 12 Champ good. The biggest issue for 2022, outside of getting a very inexperienced Ewers ready to play, is going to be depth. Texas doesn't have the depth to sustain many injuries. Can Texas even get through the Alabama game healthy? It becomes a bigger issue when you're the one playing the hardest schedules year in and year out. The rest of the Big 12 and much of the country (aggy) play a weak overall schedule and that helps their depth chart.

Depth has cost of us a lot of games over the past few years. The loss of Whitt and Jones last year was huge. It's very conceivable Texas wins 9+ games last year if both of those guys stay healthy. Don't get me wrong, Texas wasn't a good team but 9 wins probably happens with both of those guys healthy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

Oh FFS. I bet you were a blast on Christmas morning, pissing on your sister’s new doll…. 

Hope he is great for us but just because he is ours does not mean that with the current culture rebuild I should not express some level of concern. His constant moving from high school to high school, being asked to stop tweeting, allegedly liking fuck Nick Saban tweets while still on the team are legitimate concerns (Note: He probably did the like instead of the tweeting thinking they were not going to find out). I gave him props in the welcome thread but here I voiced my concerns. By the way if a doll looks suspicious maybe it does need to be pissed on.

childs-play-2-good-guys-chucky-doll-udpa

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Hope he is great for us but just because he is ours does not mean that with the current culture rebuild I should not express some level of concern. His constant moving from high school to high school, being asked to stop tweeting, allegedly liking fuck Nick Saban tweets while still on the team are legitimate concerns (Note: He probably did the like instead of the tweeting thinking they were not going to find out). I gave him props in the welcome thread but here I voiced my concerns. By the way if a doll looks suspicious maybe it does need to be pissed on.

Is that Chuckie when he was a happy doll?

Edited by Wishbone
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Nobody is criticizing your take about being worried about his attitude. They’re criticizing you using his “new sheriff” tweet as an example of that. It has nothing to do with Worthy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Roach, on Caleb Johnson.

Spoiler

ROACH

I checked in with Caleb because I thought his visit was done but it will carry through to the morning. He will meet with Sark tomorrow before departing Austin. Coming into the trip, Miami was the favorite but the buzz we've heard from Caleb's camp is strong for Texas, so tomorrow's meeting will be big to see which way the wind is blowing. We'll have some more tomorrow when we connect with Johnson, but I think there is some confidence in Texas here.

• Hook 'Em 5

29 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Yea I know he is ours now and one can only be critical till he starts fucking up for us. I wish does not happen but he could have taking other routes. Then again Nick said he is not the sharpest tool in the tool shed but is super talented and explosive.

Criticizing someone for “not being the sharpest tool in the shed” with a quasi-illiterate post is always fun 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Askew said:

Criticizing someone for “not being the sharpest tool in the shed” with a quasi-illiterate post is always fun 

I said Nick Saban said it. I got a C in English at ACC and I took it at ACC and not at UT for a reason. My degree at UT was in computer science so I am never embarrassed since English is my second language. 

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

Oh damn.  Bijan is going to make CTJ’s shitlist.  How dare a player who is around the coaches all the time make a comment like that without checking with a friend of the BMD’s….I am here for the rant as we wait for CTJ’s “calculated” response 

Anyone who has followed college football for any length of time knows that players are terrible judges of how good or bad a coach is. We had players wanting to quit when that moronic fucktard Charlie Strong was mercifully fired. The worst coach in Texas history.

Don’t do this. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Anyone who has followed college football for any length of time knows that players are terrible judges of how good or bad a coach is. We had players wanting to quit when that moronic fucktard Charlie Strong was mercifully fired. The worst coach in Texas history.

Don’t do this. 

forgive me for taking bijan’s word for it over “tex pete” on surlyhorns.com

• Haha 1

Just now, futureman said:

forgive me for taking bijan’s word for it over “tex pete” on surlyhorns.com

I was not weighing in on what kind of coach Sarkisian is. I was merely pointing out that taking a player’s word for what kind of coach he is would be a fool’s errand. Keep being you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Based on prior occurrences, it doesn’t seem like this staff is afraid of letting guys know they need to look for a new home.

I believe the words were something like “some of you motherfuckers need to get in the portal, get in the motherfucker. “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 3

Based on prior occurrences, it doesn’t seem like this staff is afraid of letting guys know they need to look for a new home.

I believe the words were something like “some of you motherfuckers need to get in the portal, get in the motherfucker. “

These coaches want to win.  Bijan, Xavier, Ewers, RoJo, J Whitt want to win.  They know they need elite talent to beat Bama.  Whatever you want to call it.  This offense has enough raw talent to compete with any blue blood at the skill positions of the coaches can develop them.  If we can this O-line to improve even up to average, this is going to be a top 10 offense.  
Who are you and what did you do to Victory88?
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Outside of being fast af I think he needs to develop his route running and will need to adjust to big time football vs small school panhandle competition. Just think overall for his growth it will be best if he can be redshirted. Obviously get him action in the 4 games. 

What is the rule, if you RS in football can you still run track in the same year or does the RS count for that sport too? 

15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Outside of being fast af I think he needs to develop his route running and will need to adjust to big time football vs small school panhandle competition. Just think overall for his growth it will be best if he can be redshirted. Obviously get him action in the 4 games. 

Wrong dude

Edited by Sgt Hulk

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I view him as being similar to Henry Ruggs, who played in almost every game his freshman year. Of course, Sark wasn’t yet at Bama at that point

5 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Bill Murray Groundhog GIFThis is how I imagine CTJ reacts to good news regarding Sark. Haha 

I hope Sarklossian takes Texas to multiple college football titles and builds his own dynasty. You dipshits can gratify yourselves over telling me how wrong I was and that you’re undying support for our coaching genius was there the whole time. I’ll laugh right along with you. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I hope Sarklossian takes Texas to multiple college football titles and builds his own dynasty. You dipshits can gratify yourselves over telling me how wrong I was and that you’re undying support for our coaching genius was there the whole time. I’ll laugh right along with you. 

For all your bluster I will admit that you take most shit talking in stride. I hadn’t watched Groundhog Day in a loooong time, but when I saw that scene it made me think of your predictions for us with Sark which made me laugh harder than normal. All of the personalities around here make this place unique, and that includes some of my more moronic takes over the years. Lol 

Edited by WinningIsHard
English is hard

some of yall are forgetting the type of players we had when we won our last national championship. jamaal charles wasn't the most eloquent speaker. romance taylor wasn't a choir boy. vince was straight up gangsta.

mack tried the eloquent speaking, choir boy route. we are still trying to recover from that shitty phase.

i don't care if a motherfucker doesn't know the difference between "a" and "an". just be really fucking good at football.

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

some of yall are forgetting the type of players we had when we won our last national championship. jamaal charles wasn't the most eloquent speaker. romance taylor wasn't a choir boy. vince was straight up gangsta.

mack tried the eloquent speaking, choir boy route. we are still trying to recover from that shitty phase.

i don't care if a motherfucker doesn't know the difference between "a" and "an". just be really fucking good at football.

Need more toughness  on both DL/OL and LB.   Tired of the past country club descriptions of Texas Football.

Love bringing in kids like Hall and Billingsley this off-season.  Sometimes if a kid is a little bit lazy or immature in his freshman season, that can be turned around.  They are so used to dominating just on natural talent alone, and they haven't ever had to work that hard for it, focus on fundamentals, or run crisp routes. 

I'm not one to fully believe practice reports, but Sanders sure seems to be turning heads so far this offseason.  I think he ran into this very issue (Along with not wanting to block apparently).  But a big part of coaching is motivating and getting the most out of your players.  Giving guys like Marion and  Banks ultra talented kids who need to be pushed and motivated isn't the worst thing in the world.   Billingsley had success with Banks coaching him in the past, so maybe he knows what buttons to push.  Plus I think Billingsley being here has had to have pushed Sanders a bit as well.  Bottom line is we need more competition in every room on campus at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 7

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Tired of the past country club descriptions of Texas Football.

We’ve had that forever. Dick Tomey and Vince Young (helped by Blalock/Studdard and others) changed that shit in 2004. I hope Patterson can inspire a Tomey-style attitude adjustment, and these talented add-ons can lead a player-revolt of pussification. The culture needs flipping. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)