Shit posters - banning?

32 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Well from my perspective looking at the thread it looked like you didn't have him on ignore and were responding to him. 

It would be awesome if you could not see quoted content from people on your ignore list. I've asked immamac about it before but I think he just farted and walked away.

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Going to be a lot of butthurt DT posters if this policy gets enacted.  Our boy Rex is a prime violator.

Yeah, I laughed.

I presume you’re talking about me. First I’m not a DT poster much at all. I limit my time to two non-sports threads and various sports threads. Second, I’ve done this in the past, I admit. But only in instances where you’ll have a drive-by neg spree for what you think was an innocuous post made. This happens frequently with posters like PilotsError and Felix. I generally always ignore negs but when that happens I’ll do what @blacklabdescribed by simply looking at their context and quickly hitting back the first few posts I see. Takes about 5 seconds.  

I’ll stop, but the drive-by chicken shit negging without attempting a post in the thread is irritating. 

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I put him on ignore and just posted a laughing meme and said lmao because of all the “user ignored” messages followed by people quoting him not engaging Derka at all and you suspended me. Pretty bullshit but whatever. 

I’ve got a laundry list of people on ignore. Derka, YGIFS and about 6-7 others. Problem is everyone picks fights with and therefore quotes Derka. Ignoring posters, particularly ones with chronic diarrhea, is totally futile. 

1 hour ago, ViperVape said:

I reported yesterday as it was happening, in real time. Maybe since you are the Sarge and have reiterated the digging-deep-into-the-history-negging-because-trying-to-single (or triple-handedly) ban it will stop for a while, before the usual suspects are emboldened and get mad at something non-inflammatory that I say. Goodness knows I'll remember to post my NYT link next time, though.

I generally get the sense that @hayden_horn is more like the cop who turns a blind eye despite knowing the law when it comes to this stuff, but maybe I'm wrong and he was busy with his day job.

i've said it many times before, but i'll say it again: my default moderator action is to do nothing. there is not a single thrill that comes with moderating this board. i hate having to suspend people for posting stupid shit. it's bad enough that we are dealing with old school spammer bullshit from time to time, but you goddamn legit posters need to take a breath. i realize that some of you are legit trolls, maybe getting paid for it, maybe not, but again, my default action is to do nothing, until i see repeated behavior. i'm far more likely to respond to reported posts, as those indicate to me that this post bothered someone enough to report it. sometimes yall report things like "he called me a poopyhead," or "he told me he'd pee in my wife's butt" which is all perfectly acceptable. but often enough the reports are close enough to one of the few lines we've got here (and yeah, we started with one, and maybe have a handful now, get over it and grow up) that i hit someone with a suspension. sometimes those people get butthurt about it, won't stop and realize that 1) i'd rather that fuck around with them in the time i spend here and 2) i know whoever gets suspended is going to bitch to high heaven about how "biased" i am or some bullshit.

if i've banned you, i'd advise you to have a think and if you're really bothered by it, send me a message. i'll consider and respond.

i will say, generally, i have better things to do than chase down whether a cadre of posters are harassing a particular poster via pm or rep fatwa, but given that it can end very badly, i try to spend some time on it. usually, the person getting the negs are fucking pains in the ass themselves and there are no good guys to choose from. so i get to be the bad guy. it's okay. someone has to be, i guess.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i've said it many times before, but i'll say it again: my default moderator action is to do nothing. there is not a single thrill that comes with moderating this board. i hate having to suspend people for posting stupid shit. it's bad enough that we are dealing with old school spammer bullshit from time to time, but you goddamn legit posters need to take a breath. i realize that some of you are legit trolls, maybe getting paid for it, maybe not, but again, my default action is to do nothing, until i see repeated behavior. i'm far more likely to respond to reported posts, as those indicate to me that this post bothered someone enough to report it. sometimes yall report things like "he called me a poopyhead," or "he told me he'd pee in my wife's butt" which is all perfectly acceptable. but often enough the reports are close enough to one of the few lines we've got here (and yeah, we started with one, and maybe have a handful now, get over it and grow up) that i hit someone with a suspension. sometimes those people get butthurt about it, won't stop and realize that 1) i'd rather that fuck around with them in the time i spend here and 2) i know whoever gets suspended is going to bitch to high heaven about how "biased" i am or some bullshit.

if i've banned you, i'd advise you to have a think and if you're really bothered by it, send me a message. i'll consider and respond.

i will say, generally, i have better things to do than chase down whether a cadre of posters are harassing a particular poster via pm or rep fatwa, but given that it can end very badly, i try to spend some time on it. usually, the person getting the negs are fucking pains in the ass themselves and there are no good guys to choose from. so i get to be the bad guy. it's okay. someone has to be, i guess.

The shit post suspension I got on the Lasso thread contradicts this. Whatever, I don’t think you’re biased and it ain’t a big deal, but you targeted when it was pointless. 

7 hours ago, blacklab said:

Most of animal smoking posts are completely innocuous. Yes he has some completely shit opinions but the fact he isn't liberal enough is not a bannable offense. 

The most recent beef wasn't over ideology, it was that he once again failed to link to what he's claiming and didn't like getting called out on it. That tactic of posting "news" without sourcing was a favorite tactic of our resident fascists during the 2020 summer of love -  claiming that ANTIFUH burned a building down because "people are saying", only to find out months later it was white supremacists inciting violence. Hell, our favorite deacon was using the tactic to straight copy/paste shit from a nationalist blog (without attributing of course) when CRT was the big bugaboo, and got mad when called out on it. 

Suffice to say, there's a damn history of hiding the source of what you're posting being STRONG evidence of trolling, or at least posting in bad faith. AnimalTobacco/Chrispy got smacked for being a repeat offender in not posting his source and getting mad when called out on it. 

Don't be so obtuse and uncritical as to just write it off as politics

Mullet is on his last leg, one more russian talking point and he's out.

How many does it take? It's got to be hundreds at this point. The 654th time is the one you're drawing the line at?

Most of animal smoking posts are completely innocuous. Yes he has some completely shit opinions but the fact he isn't liberal enough is not a bannable offense.

Master P Come On Man GIF

This is not the fuckin reason his accounts keep getting negged into oblivion, but hey, nice to see that you don't pay any attention at all. You've got to have terminal boomer brain to post shit like this especially as someone in your position.

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

Well from my perspective looking at the thread it looked like you didn't have him on ignore and were responding to him.

I can't speak for everyone but I know I'm not the only one that doesn't use the ignore feature on this forum for a reason: It's dogshit and still spams your screen reminding you that someone you have on ignore has made a post, unless you guys have changed that recently.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

36 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The most recent beef wasn't over ideology, it was that he once again failed to link to what he's claiming and didn't like getting called out on it. That tactic of posting "news" without sourcing was a favorite tactic of our resident fascists during the 2020 summer of love -  claiming that ANTIFUH burned a building down because "people are saying", only to find out months later it was white supremacists inciting violence. Hell, our favorite deacon was using the tactic to straight copy/paste shit from a nationalist blog (without attributing of course) when CRT was the big bugaboo, and got mad when called out on it. 

Suffice to say, there's a damn history of hiding the source of what you're posting being STRONG evidence of trolling, or at least posting in bad faith. AnimalTobacco/Chrispy got smacked for being a repeat offender in not posting his source and getting mad when called out on it. 

Don't be so obtuse and uncritical as to just write it off as politics

to be fair, @blacklab stays out of the politics side of the board for the most part, so he won't see what you are referencing.

donkey's one of the weird ones. sometimes, he comes across as successfully sincere, but there are sooooo many bs posts of "aw shucks guys, i mean, i don't like x, but answer all these questions or address all these points" that it becomes difficult to hide after awhile.

for those of you bitching about people coming back - it's amazing the time and effort people will put into burner emails and vpns to avoid bans or ip bans. it's massively mentally fucked, but people need the interaction. as to why we don't play whack a mole, it's because we rely on reported posts most of the fucking time. we don't read every post. i read WAY more than blacklab, and even then i miss hosts and hosts of content on this website. it's a big place.

also, we do rely on crowd sourcing of trolls and spambots - so it's a powerful weapon you wield when you rep. 'just kidding, it's mostly bullshit, but seriously, stop chasing down old posts to neg, unless it's justified from a recently bumped thread.

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I’ve got a laundry list of people on ignore. Derka, YGIFS and about 6-7 others. Problem is everyone picks fights with and therefore quotes Derka. Ignoring posters, particularly ones with chronic diarrhea, is totally futile. 

For a guy with so many people on ignore, you bitch an awful lot about those people's posts from whom you are ignoring.  But oh wait, is this the part where we pretend you don't annually post people's real names on here.  Call your father, tell him what a man you've been this year.  

• Haha 1

Allegedly /squirlyDan.  If you plan\y the drinking game where you follow Rex Kramer/Dr Beeper/Porterhouse and have a drink whenever he mentioned Westlake, Highland Park, any other fancy part of Texas, or his O&G prowess...you will die.  But he is a smart guy IRL.  And I predict will post my real name in the next 48 hours because he can't help himself.  But yeah, I haven't lived here long enough to appreciate the regional rivalries of Austin & Lake Travis but the programs appear to be getting better which is good for UT recruiting.  

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

Not about politics? 

Here's a post from DonkeyCigars. All this post says is "we're divided on abortion", yet three people felt it was worth neg repping. If these were not politically motivated, what are they?

image.thumb.png.b57ab23b9a51a7ffbf279b0c7a4edc77.png

I don’t necro neg unless it’s retaliation, but I am guilty of strafing these disingenuous shitheads for every single post of their vomit on a thread. Can you provide a link to this post? I cannot see what you can, and these 3 negs may have timestamps for you that are long after the fact, but it also may be that the disingenuous dipshit was spewing garbage all over the thread, and while that particular post wasn’t neg worthy (IYO) folks were negging every chance they got to remove a troll. 

Rep, Serious Business…

Edit to add: found the post. I was off base on my characterization above. However, past posting history will color folks to auto neg disingenuous posters. That one may not have been neg worthy, but many before it were (and a poster that had been banner before like this is going to not be given the benefit of the doubt). So yes, politics is part of it (and to be fair, the thread he was on, the day of the post, I’m not surprised just his name didnt get more negs). Honestly rep should probably just be turned off. It should definitely be off for non sports forums, but I understand the forum software limits.

Edited by UnivTex34

24 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I mean, let's be real. I'm sure you remember his posting as Chrispy, where he was posting wildly disgusting shit on the reg and was actively proud of being an awful person. Just because he, with each new handle, has been smearing on a thin layer of frosting on his shit cake of a post history, doesn't mean he gets a pass now when he tries to appear genuine. His baseline is still to argue in support of very deplorable shit.

I guess it makes sense that he would fool blacklab, who admittedly doesn't understand any of this and should probably just stay out of it entirely, but it's not my board so whatever.

Reasonably stated and rationally written, unemotional different opinions and beliefs and values than the majority of the board = “I hate this guy he’s horrible and deplorable!”

What happened to having a little counterbalance and perspective in a variety of topics. You certainly don’t have to agree and you certainly don’t have to like it (and I don’t even care if you don’t respect it), but you should be able to tolerate such differences. I say that but the reality is half the posters are “if you vote for R you are literally a nazi” or “if you buy a Tesla you are supporting racism and a racist”. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 11

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

The whole lake Travis / Austin westlake thing is bizarre. Especially for alleged adults. A lot of alleged adults in this thread.

Yea that shit is super weird and dorky but I haven’t seen Porterhouse be a beating about that like others here.

22 minutes ago, ViperVape said:

Reasonably stated and rationally written, unemotional different opinions and beliefs and values than the majority of the board = “I hate this guy he’s horrible and deplorable!”

What happened to having a little counterbalance and perspective in a variety of topics. You certainly don’t have to agree and you certainly don’t have to like it (and I don’t even care if you don’t respect it), but you should be able to tolerate such differences. I say that but the reality is half the posters are “if you vote for R you are literally a nazi” or “if you buy a Tesla you are supporting racism and a racist”. 

Counterbalance is not what Chrispy or meerkatbong did at all. You have chilled out though on username 5 and 6 I’ll give you that 

11 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Yea that shit is super weird and dorky but I haven’t seen Porterhouse be a beating about that like others here.

I moved away from Westlake in ‘96. I care, but very marginally and only because I hate Baker Mayfield and Chad Morris. They’re not talking about me. 

19 minutes ago, ViperVape said:

I'll just say this as my last little bit on this whole thing.

I said it I said it before and I will say it again - we didn't crowd source you because of your beliefs. It was because you completely shitted on a thread trying to defend being a dumbass. It was something like 30 posts across barely 3 pages of just that. It was tiring. Do better.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I moved away from Westlake in ‘96. I care, but very marginally and only because I hate Baker Mayfield and Chad Morris. They’re not talking about me. 

I smoked a bit ago so more than kind of high my bad 

10 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I smoked a bit ago so more than kind of high my bad 

No worries. No idea who said that but coulda been a guy I block that makes up wild shit about me. 

3 hours ago, blacklab said:

Not about politics? 

Here's a post from DonkeyCigars. All this post says is "we're divided on abortion", yet three people felt it was worth neg repping. If these were not politically motivated, what are they?

image.thumb.png.b57ab23b9a51a7ffbf279b0c7a4edc77.png

I usually neg him without reading it, because has repeatedly made it ultra-fucking clear that he's not actually engaging sincerely even when he acts like he is. 

• Hook 'Em 7

9 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

I just want to know where do you apply to get paid for trolling? That shit is so weird to me

This pro bono shit is killing me...

Yeah, your mom is pro bono's killing me.  Dammit, I had something for this.  

On another note, I'm glad we're clearing the air around here.  I look forward to Porterhouse's continued denial about being previously banned.  

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, your mom is pro bono's killing me.  Dammit, I had something for this.  

On another note, I'm glad we're clearing the air around here.  I look forward to Porterhouse's continued denial about being previously banned.  

What was he banned for?

Well you see, Porterhouse wasn't banned because he's not Dr. Beeper nor Rex Kramer.  But both of those other guys posted my real name and even once posted my wife's name.  And then a few months ago, another iteration of Rex Kramer literally under the handle Rex Kramer did it again.  But it's all totally unrelated.  And the more we talk about it, the more I know he'll do it again shortly.  And around and around we go.  

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Well you see, Porterhouse wasn't banned because he's not Dr. Beeper nor Rex Kramer.  But both of those other guys posted my real name and even once posted my wife's name.  And then a few months ago, another iteration of Rex Kramer literally under the handle Rex Kramer did it again.  But it's all totally unrelated.  And the more we talk about it, the more I know he'll do it again shortly.  And around and around we go.  

Okay GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

So you keep saying.

Well then don't keep asking the same questions.  Guy repeatedly posts my real name, and once mentioned my wife.  Yeah, it's gonna remain an issue.   Or not, I don't care.  But it's literally a thread about people who've been banned, many of whom for posting people's real life information.  If that's too much for you, be a good time to step back from the keyboard and shut the fuck up for a bit.  But you do you sweetheart.  

Edited by YGIFS

19 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Well then don't keep asking the same questions.  Guy repeatedly posts my real name, and once mentioned my wife.  Yeah, it's gonna remain an issue.   Or not, I don't care.  But it's literally a thread about people who've been banned, many of whom for posting people's real life information.  If that's too much for you, be a good time to step back from the keyboard and shut the fuck up for a bit.  But you do you sweetheart.  

I've asked why he was banned just once.  I don't see anyone else asking about it but you talk about it all the time.

People don't post about people posting real names that aren't theirs.  And then the guy actually doxxed posts about it.  What a fucking surprise.  Humans tend to react to shit that relates to them personally.  Are you new to his planet I guess?  Oh wait...

also, really love the "I've asked why" followed by "don't see anyone else asking"      That's a really impressive bit of circular logic.  

Edited by YGIFS

24 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

People don't post about people posting real names that aren't theirs.  And then the guy actually doxxed posts about it.  What a fucking surprise.  Humans tend to react to shit that relates to them personally.  Are you new to his planet I guess?  Oh wait...

also, really love the "I've asked why" followed by "don't see anyone else asking"      That's a really impressive bit of circular logic.  

Circular logic?  I asked exactly once and don't see anyone else asking, so I didn't "keep asking the same questions."  You seem angry.  Good luck with that.

And I answered once.  His three iterations posted my real name three times.  He was banned once, IIRC.  He broke the one rule we have around here, you don't talk about real life people on this site of otherwise polite degeneracy.  Get that through your fucking head, you fucking child. 

I know.  But I gotta give him credit, it was cute the way he approached it this time, almost original in some way.  He'll get shitfaced and post my real name again within 72 hours.  As per usual.  It's really like the one rule we have around here than all men adhere to and he just can't help himself.  I don't know if you guys know, but he went to Westlake and totally lives a life of luxury in Highland Park where he is of high influence in energy and GOP politics.  

14 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

And I answered once.  His three iterations posted my real name three times.  He was banned once, IIRC.  He broke the one rule we have around here, you don't talk about real life people on this site of otherwise polite degeneracy.  Get that through your fucking head, you fucking child. 

First I was generally interested in why he was banned.  Second I was just responding to your comment about asking multiple times.

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I know.  But I gotta give him credit, it was cute the way he approached it this time, almost original in some way.  He'll get shitfaced and post my real name again within 72 hours.  As per usual.  It's really like the one rule we have around here than all men adhere to and he just can't help himself.  I don't know if you guys know, but he went to Westlake and totally lives a life of luxury in Highland Park where he is of high influence in energy and GOP politics.  

I'm sorry you're angry.  Didn't mean to set you off.  Was asking a simple question.  Hope your day gets better.