What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

crash_davis

Okay.  I'm trying to follow here.....

As I understand things, Nicole is opening a Michelin-starred restaurant that specializes in sea bass, but it's solely for the purpose of luring in victims for her serial killing spree, which won't do anything to address a homeless population that's 3X the previously disclosed size, and we're not gonna have ANYPLACE left to go bowling?  And nobody seems to know what to get Millie and Jimmy for their wedding present?

What the actual fuck?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well uh, candlesticks always make a nice gift.  Or an instrument with which to inflict blunt force trauma upon a victim before tossing their body into a lake.

Holy shit.  It was Miss Nicole in the Michelin Dining Room with the Candlestick.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Maybe it was informative earlier and I missed it, but this news conference currently taking place is hilarious. The dork in the bow tie has no business being up there, and the Public Information Officer answered 6 straight questions with “I/We do not know”. The sole function of a PIO is to disseminate information emoji2357.png

"Look folks, these issues in Austin.  There's a lotta Inns, a lotta Hotels, a lotta What-Have-Yous."  

Well, Highland Lanes is pretty damn ugly.  It also has a giant parking lot.  What I don't understand, because I'm not a com-RE dude or an investor of any type, is why not integrate some lanes and a divey restaurant into your new "mixed-use" development?

I assume the answer is that bowling doesn't bring the $ per sq foot, but if it's part of the ground level and serves a need, well, maybe not be a complete generic shitbag developer?  I guess the world needs more juice bars and tanning salons.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Ftfy

I mean, aren't we eventually going to run out of vintage clothing to resell?  And THEN what?  

Mark my words, the custom-tailored vintage clothing Chinese knockoff market is about to explode.  Best get in on the ground floor...

• Haha 2

I'' keep this one short, as I am not wont to do.  But remember just a few years back how every other street in Austin had 2 or 3 higher-end (not really upscale, but certainly higher-ish) gift shops/boutiques.  And they all sold the exact same shit like knick-knacks, souvenirs, women's accessories, hats, 'n shit that were 'unique' to Austin?  Have you noticed that those have all but disappeared?  Their real estate/margins model didn't make sense for 20 years but they somehow endured and even proliferated.  And now, you don't see them anymore.  Where did all their inventory go?  Were they looted?  

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

As I understand things, Nicole is opening a Michelin-starred restaurant that specializes in sea bass, but it's solely for the purpose of luring in victims for her serial killing spree, which won't do anything to address a homeless population that's 3X the previously disclosed size, and we're not gonna have ANYPLACE left to go bowling?  And nobody seems to know what to get Millie and Jimmy for their wedding present?

What the actual fuck?

Obviously you’re not a golfer.  We can do a lot to address the homeless population (no I don’t mean drownings) Austin just won’t do a lot of the things cities that have been successful in helping the homeless are doing. Our former mayor toured Seattle, Portland and San Francisco instead of Vienna, Helsinki, Columbus Ohio or Salt Lake City. Those cities got rid of shelters and using a Housing first model. Shelters were seen as temporary. Houston and San Antonio have a different and successful model (mayors from NYC, Chicago and  Los Angeles have visited these two to see how they’ve reduced their homeless populations by 2/3rds.) Abilene as shitty a place as it is has 0 homeless veterans thanks to their successful program.

if we cared about offering them dignity, help and choices…we’d understand that letting them live under bridges, downtown, around the lake and junking up the green belt is unacceptable. Letting them do this is not compassion. It’s dumbassery. You get them housing and you get them help. You don’t let them live where they are and use drugs and drink. None of the cities I’ve mentioned allow this. You get them help for a dignified future. And if they don’t want the help bus them the fuck out of dodge. Thats what many successful cities (San Antonio is conquering their problem.) tough love isn’t wrong in this situation.  But you don’t ring the dinner bell like the former Austin Mayor and tell them all to “come on down” when you don’t have the infrastructure and hope to use all who “came on down” as a political weapon to get housing. It’s a huge problem. Doing that doubled maybe even tripled the homeless population. 

I am still in Atlanta. Plus, homeless people are easy targets. Not enough points for elite assassins on my level 😜 

IMG_9422.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

What the actual fuck?

dude, the preferred nomenclature is patagonian toothfish.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, sidis said:

dude, the preferred nomenclature is patagonian toothfish.

giphy-downsized.gif

Chilean Sea Bass are amazing. They are like scallops in a way. Everyone should try them. Or go see them in the lake…I have taught them tricks. Back flips. Basically, I have a pod of them in the lake. They behave better than dolphins. 🐬 I may take this act to Sea World.

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

I mean, aren't we eventually going to run out of vintage clothing to resell?  And THEN what?  

Mark my words, the custom-tailored vintage clothing Chinese knockoff market is about to explode.  Best get in on the ground floor...

No man, the next fusion is re-domesticated high-end sports wear imported from 3rd world countries. All that gear that ends up in Africa and far reaches of South America will be re-acquired and brought back to the US. The money spent on the purchase will help support impoverished peoples in economically challenged countries. To not pay $300 for the 2009 Texas Longhorn National Champions hat procured from Sudan will hurt the poor Sudanese children that would have otherwise been fed for a year. Get with it man!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

No man, the next fusion is re-domesticated high-end sports wear imported from 3rd world countries. All that gear that ends up in Africa and far reaches of South America will be re-acquired and brought back to the US. The money spent on the purchase will help support impoverished peoples in economically challenged countries. To not pay $300 for the 2009 Texas Longhorn National Champions hat procured from Sudan will hurt the poor Sudanese children that would have otherwise been fed for a year. Get with it man!!!

Legalize marijuana. It’s a win win. Helps the farmers. Government loves to create new groups and shit. Create a marijuana department.  Have oversight. Tax it and use the taxes on state infrastructure. I started doing gummies over a year and a half ago for my rheumatoid arthritis. Game changer for me. I have THC ones and ones without. Stop penalizing people for using it or selling that specifically. No prison time. No jail time. Nothing on your record unless you are a violent cartel type. It gets rid of the fentanyl problem with government oversight and start moving major industries (manufacturing plants and such) south of the border. Partner with disadvantaged countries for schools abroad. I have so many ideas since I got sober and started doing weed. If my family and friends hadn’t loved me enough I’d be on a drunk bender. Every fucking week. 
Now I’m an elite assassin. A phantom. I’m a badass now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Legalize marijuana. It’s a win win. Helps the farmers. Government loves to create new groups and shit. Create a marijuana department.  Have oversight. Tax it and use the taxes on state infrastructure. I started doing gummies over a year and a half ago for my rheumatoid arthritis. Game changer for me. I have THC ones and ones without. Stop penalizing people for using it or selling that specifically. No prison time. No jail time. Nothing on your record unless you are a violent cartel type. It gets rid of the fentanyl problem with government oversight and start moving major industries (manufacturing plants and such) south of the border. Partner with disadvantaged countries for schools abroad. I have so many ideas since I got sober and started doing weed. If my family and friends hadn’t loved me enough I’d be on a drunk bender. Every fucking week. 

Bravo!  This non-sequitur brought to you by Marijuana!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Bravo!  This non-sequitur brought to you by Marijuana!

You should see how the Chilean Sea Bass respond to it. Game changer. Stoned fish. 🐠 I mean they live in that lake with no hope of getting out. Might as well get them high. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Obviously you’re not a golfer.  We can do a lot to address the homeless population (no I don’t mean drownings) Austin just won’t do a lot of the things cities that have been successful in helping the homeless are doing. Our former mayor toured Seattle, Portland and San Francisco instead of Vienna, Helsinki, Columbus Ohio or Salt Lake City. Those cities got rid of shelters and using a Housing first model. Shelters were seen as temporary. Houston and San Antonio have a different and successful model (mayors from NYC, Chicago and  Los Angeles have visited these two to see how they’ve reduced their homeless populations by 2/3rds.) Abilene as shitty a place as it is has 0 homeless veterans thanks to their successful program.

if we cared about offering them dignity, help and choices…we’d understand that letting them live under bridges, downtown, around the lake and junking up the green belt is unacceptable. Letting them do this is not compassion. It’s dumbassery. You get them housing and you get them help. You don’t let them live where they are and use drugs and drink. None of the cities I’ve mentioned allow this. You get them help for a dignified future. And if they don’t want the help bus them the fuck out of dodge. Thats what many successful cities (San Antonio is conquering their problem.) tough love isn’t wrong in this situation.  But you don’t ring the dinner bell like the former Austin Mayor and tell them all to “come on down” when you don’t have the infrastructure and hope to use all who “came on down” as a political weapon to get housing. It’s a huge problem. Doing that doubled maybe even tripled the homeless population. 

I am still in Atlanta. Plus, homeless people are easy targets. Not enough points for elite assassins on my level 😜 

IMG_9422.jpeg

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

giphy-downsized.gif

Chilean Sea Bass are amazing. They are like scallops in a way. Everyone should try them. Or go see them in the lake…I have taught them tricks. Back flips. Basically, I have a pod of them in the lake. They behave better than dolphins. 🐬 I may take this act to Sea World.

40 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

tumblr_nsvf2nMswG1rs0w1ho1_250.gif.2d03315f3cd76e881eaaad35cd7f1da2.gif

• Haha 2

On 2/13/2024 at 9:16 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Based on this video sounds and looks like the gas is just being laid on by whoever crashed

It amazes me how dumb and or scared people are. Can no one go up to the door and either check on the driver or turn the fucking car off? I saw at least one police officer in the clip, you'd think at the least they could jump into action a bit better. Then again we saw what happened in Uvalde (no cr).

47 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It amazes me how dumb and or scared people are. Can no one go up to the door and either check on the driver or turn the fucking car off? I saw at least one police officer in the clip, you'd think at the least they could jump into action a bit better. Then again we saw what happened in Uvalde (no cr).

Come on man, there was multiple life threatening injuries to adults and kids in this accident needing attention. They responded, maybe not perfectly but they responded.  There isn't a exact playbook for this.  ER waiting room isn't a place you typically are going to find your most well rested, ready to quicky act crowd on a good day.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I suspect that happened shortly after the scene you saw in that short video.

The crash had JUST happened.  Priority is responding to the injured and getting them out of harm's way.  AND, they were yelling at good samaritans to GTFO the scene, I'd expect that one of the reasons being that they had no idea what was actually happening.  Was the car a suicide bomb vehicle?  Maybe, so good sense dictates you get EVERYONE a good distance away, and fast.

You secure the injured and get them safe first -- the car wasn't going to another site to harm anyone there.  The harm and potential harm was right there, so GTFO is the proper response (again, even if it was an attack, the order is "run, hide, fight").  Get everyone the hell away from the attacker.  THEN go after the attacker.  And I say this as someone who gives American policing a solid F- grade in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Come on man, there was multiple life threatening injuries to adults and kids in this accident needing attention. They responded, maybe not perfectly but they responded.  There isn't a exact playbook for this.  ER waiting room isn't a place you typically are going to find your most well rested, ready to quicky act crowd on a good day.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I suspect that happened shortly after the scene you saw in that short video.

The crash had JUST happened.  Priority is responding to the injured and getting them out of harm's way.  AND, they were yelling at good samaritans to GTFO the scene, I'd expect that one of the reasons being that they had no idea what was actually happening.  Was the car a suicide bomb vehicle?  Maybe, so good sense dictates you get EVERYONE a good distance away, and fast.

You secure the injured and get them safe first -- the car wasn't going to another site to harm anyone there.  The harm and potential harm was right there, so GTFO is the proper response (again, even if it was an attack, the order is "run, hide, fight").  Get everyone the hell away from the attacker.  THEN go after the attacker.  And I say this as someone who gives American policing a solid F- grade in general.

There were at least two people just standing there filming. I'm assuming neither of them were seriously injured. Is it too much to ask for those 2 to fucking do something instead of trying to get tiktok views?

Also - it doesn't seem like it was an "attacker". It's not like it was a live shooter. 

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

There were at least two people just standing there filming. I'm assuming neither of them were seriously injured. Is it too much to ask for those 2 to fucking do something instead of trying to get tiktok views?

Also - it doesn't seem like it was an "attacker". It's not like it was a live shooter. 

You are judging through the lens of hindsight.  In the even medium-term aftermath of the event, there was still an open question as to whether it was an intentional attack or not.  Dude.  The action mirrored that of any number of car bomb attacks (drive the vehicle into the target).  The fact that no boom immediately followed doesn't mean it's not an attack -- it may well mean that the attacker hasn't set off the bomb yet.  It was an ENTIRELY reasonable and appropriate approach to treat it as a possible intentional attack in the moments immediately after the car blew through the doors.  Again, I'm the last person on this board to present excuses for the cops or to be their apologist.

As much as we bitched at the Uvalde cops for not following the clearly established protocols for an active shooter situation (take out the shooter -- don't worry about anything else), I suspect that the protocols in this situation (possible vehicle-borne attack, of unknown purpose or mechanism) dictate that the job of the cops is to get people out of the zone of danger, which is exactly what they were doing, aggressively, on the video.  And that INCLUDED the people recording it -- the cops were telling them to GTFO, which is the right move.  The filming parties shouldn't have "done something" -- they should have followed the cops' orders to GTF away from the hazardous situation, which I presume they eventually did.

Sorry, based on the circumstances as known and unknown in the literal SECONDS after a car drove right through the doors of a hospital, seriously injuring several people, not only were the cops' actions reasonable, they look to have been exactly what they should have been.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I've got no problem calling out the people for filming when they are in a position to potentially do something. For all they know someone's kid was just dying in front of them and they decided to film it because we as a society have decided that is more important than actually saving the person.

8 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I'' keep this one short, as I am not wont to do.  But remember just a few years back how every other street in Austin had 2 or 3 higher-end (not really upscale, but certainly higher-ish) gift shops/boutiques.  And they all sold the exact same shit like knick-knacks, souvenirs, women's accessories, hats, 'n shit that were 'unique' to Austin?  Have you noticed that those have all but disappeared?  Their real estate/margins model didn't make sense for 20 years but they somehow endured and even proliferated.  And now, you don't see them anymore.  Where did all their inventory go?  Were they looted?  

It's a terrible business model... or at least certainly so in a saturated market.  

So a little “gossip” regarding the woman that crashed into the hospital. This comes from a very reliable source that works there. Not joking. 

Spoiler

The woman was there to pick up her mom from surgery. However she had been parked in the roundabout in front of the entrance. She also allegedly had her dog with her. Security had to ask her to move more than once. No one understands how she was killed though—she did take out a large fish tank so they thought perhaps something freak happened with that to kill her. Crazy she got up enough speed even though the entrance has a pretty sizeable roundabout and somehow careened into the hallway from the entrance. My source said this will wind up being a very fucking bizarre story and we won’t ever see most of the footage unless it gets out in a civil lawsuit because the injuries to some of the folk were pretty gruesome 

zTejas is action star Jason Statham

giphy.gif

On 2/15/2024 at 8:04 AM, utee94 said:

This is actually a great idea. I'm learning I don't profit nearly enough off of stupid people.

Tried to go work out. Gym was closed. Two dudes were arguing over a machine. One dude stabbed the other guy. It's closed until the cleaning crew can arrive to clean up the blood.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/la-fitness-police-austin-texas-west-anderson-lane/269-66a8727b-d9ba-4a3a-9e9d-2c415682787c

One person was arrested following a stabbing inside an LA Fitness in North Austin, according to police.

The stabbing happened at around 11:30 a.m. Friday at the gym on West Anderson Lane, near Burnet Road.

Police aren't sure what led up to the stabbing but said a man was taken into custody behind the building after running from the scene. He's expected to be charged with aggravated assault. 

The victim was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.