Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Side question, I wonder what the single best record is in CFB following a 5-7 season.

Looks like Tulane went from 2-10 in 2021 to 11-2 in 2022, but not sure why. TCU went from 5-7 to 13-2 this past year and in the championship game. Though I do think in TCU’s case, that was primarily due to an entire depth chart of 4th/5th year players which A&M will not have.

8-4 plus a bowl game is probably the most likely guess, with both a 5-6 win season or 9-10 win seasons being equally likely. 

14 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Side question, I wonder what the single best record is in CFB following a 5-7 season.

Looks like Tulane went from 2-10 in 2021 to 11-2 in 2022, but not sure why. TCU went from 5-7 to 13-2 this past year and in the championship game. Though I do think in TCU’s case, that was primarily due to an entire depth chart of 4th/5th year players which A&M will not have.

8-4 plus a bowl game is probably the most likely guess, with both a 5-6 win season or 9-10 win seasons being equally likely. 

ATM's 4 away games this year are @Miami, @Tenn, @Ole Miss, and @LSU. ATM is generally dogshit on the road (8-13 under Jimbo, including 4-1 in 2020 against dogshit teams, so 4-12 outside of that cycle) and none of those games are easy. Miami's crowd will suck, but that's just not an easy road trip and they're going to be better this year. 

Arkansas in Dallas is a toss-up. I think Bama is severely overrated this year, but they'll likely be favored at Kyle Field against ATM.

For ATM to win 8 games this year, they'd either need to sweep the neutral and home slate, or steal a road game from a decent to excellent team and only lose one neutral or home game. Given their depth, coaching, and culture, I think the likeliest outcome this season is 6-6. Lose all road games, lose to Bama, and then drop one of Auburn, Arky, MSU, or South Carolina.

They were damned close to 3-9 last season and caught the breaks against Arkansas at the goal line and the muffed punts at home against Miami. If the ball bounces the other way for them in a game or two this year, they're staring 5-7 in the face all over again. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big xii home cooking helped them a bit too.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Enchubben said:

So you got them winning between 5 and 10 games?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Their entire identity is tied with that conference. Their identity being that they're not us and that they're better than we are by virtue of being in a tougher conference.

They've spent years talking about the SEC grind and how no achievement of Texas could possibly match any lack of achievement of theirs because the played in the SEC. They have to believe their absurd notions of Texas players and fans being pummeled and likely killed by the tough ol' SEC. 

They're hoping and praying and deluding themselves that their absurd claims are real and will be backed up in reality. 

As Scholz says, it's all projection. The basic element of their projection is fear.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

"One of the main takeaways from the matchup was the resurgence of the Longhorns crowd at Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, which was the loudest it has been in recent memory.

It was so loud in fact that even the Alabama players such as Will Anderson, who consistently faces the loudest environments in the country in the SEC from week to week said it was one of the loudest stadiums they have ever played in.

"To be honest, since I've been here these last three years, this is probably the loudest environment I've played in," Anderson said. "Probably the hardest game I've played in since I've been in college football. Their fans were super loud, they had a lot of energy. But the atmosphere was crazy."

https://www.si.com/college/texas/.amp/football/longhorns-alabama-crimson-tide-will-anderson-nick-saban-crowd-noise

But we don't know what big/loud is and will be so intimidated on the road in the SEC. 

I think the new SEZ reflects sound back better and holds it in more.

A "student body that actually shows up?"  Lulz.  I've been to ag games that are not against Texas or Alabama or LSU-- nobody shows up.

And I also love the comment about "when you beat them in anything" as if any ag would possibly know.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I remembered South Carolina having a strong finish to the season last year, but I was foggy on it, so I looked it up. I vaguely remembered that they beat Tennessee. I did NOT remember their hanging 63 on the Vols. Holy shit. 

They beat Clemson on the road too… And lost to ND by one score in their bowl. But every aggy is seemingly penciling in South Carolina as a sure-fire win lol…
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, texifornia said:

...we have one of the largest, nicest stadiums in cfb. We played at LSU a couple years ago. We're playing at Bama this year. This is all so fucking stupid.

20230724_191510.jpg

Nobody wins in the shoe at night

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Wonder how much they're paying to show up to the cement pond party at the apartment complex.  Who's over cooking the bbq this year?

Nah it's just their awesome coach being a mad dog making power moves.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Wonder how much they're paying to show up to the cement pond party at the apartment complex.  Who's over cooking the bbq this year?

Dumb 'sip. Jimbo is pulling out all the stops and has orchestrated a celebrity pitmaster for the occasion. Lincoln Riley of course, and his sous-pitmaster Malachi Nelson. That's right, a sitting Heisman-corching corch and a 2023 Polynesian Bowl All-Star. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

image.png.2b981b4692c3e490feae4232b11ded91.png

Is it just me, or is there something particularly pathetic about believing a fucking pool party is the paramount achievement of your recruiting? Seventy-seven upvotes delivered breathlessly for this post. 

Catalina Wine Mixer? WTF? No manly manful fightin' Texas Aggie from Texas would be caught dead at a wine mixer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread