Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

I don’t really have this experience because I have little kids and no social life, but it seems like Aggies try to talk football with anyone identifying themselves as a Longhorn.  

On the rare occasion I specifically try to avoid that conversation because it always leads to some dig and smirk.  

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

agforlife97 with the uncut dope today. That post was pure fan fiction. 

Must really suck to play in front of a sold out stadium, with record season ticket sales, on a team supported by the largest NIL deals in a city with a vibrant night life.  These guys are an embarrassment.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah but TU let’s bums from the city into the stadium and you have to step over human piles of poop everywhere! My sisters cousins roommate is pretty high up over there and she even told me that their whole coaching staff is about to hit the transfer portal.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, deft said:

Yeah but TU let’s bums from the city into the stadium and you have to step over human piles of poop everywhere! My sisters cousins roommate is pretty high up over there and she even told me that their whole coaching staff is about to hit the transfer portal.

Good ol aggy pillow talk

• Like 1

Ok 2 of the dumbest things I’ve seen in 2023.  Of a player todsy was in highschool he’d choose aggy 

and 

the fact these 5-7 fucks think they are winning 10 and going to Atlanta 

I cannot wait to retire to get that sweet Colombian bam bam those fuckers are on

• Hook 'Em 1

It's amazing/not amazing that they are striving to look down their terrified noses at us based purely on the toughness of the SEC which they think they're contributing to. All they got is the patch on their jerseys and that logo smeared all over everything they have.

It must be profoundly galling that the SEC is enormously excited at the prospect of adding Texas and OU to their schedules while A&M wasn't very distinguishable from Missouri when they fled the Big 12 not because of Texas/purely because of Texas.

Imagine the pure fun of seeing Bevo or the Sooner Schooner at home or away and all the color that comes with these two schools' football programs then compare that visiting Kyle Field or seeing their lady dog or listening to them hoot about their greatness.

SEC Headquarters

College Station

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, PTINS said:

image.thumb.png.9523971e339b1e40c8b784cb70aa6efb.png

I don’t pay attention to all the rules of NIL but it’s surprising to me that this has passed a compliance check.  I signed up just to see, and it’s exactly what you think. You can search up a player and just send them cash. Nothing in return needed. 

Edited by Enchubben
  • Rage+1 1

I don’t pay attention to all the rules of NIL but it’s surprising to me that this has passed a compliance check.  I signed up just to see, and it’s exactly what you think. You can search up a player and just send them cash. Nothing in return needed. I’d wager every A&M scholarship athlete is on here after briefly scrolling through.

I know aggy is pretty fucking dumb and willing to part with their money on dumb A&M shit, but I still think there are going to be some disappointed guys on there. Surely the locker room culture is strong enough to overcome that.

9 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I don’t pay attention to all the rules of NIL but it’s surprising to me that this has passed a compliance check.  I signed up just to see, and it’s exactly what you think. You can search up a player and just send them cash. Nothing in return needed. I’d wager every A&M scholarship athlete is on here after briefly scrolling through.

Posting that ad on their socials is probably the nil coverage that they need. Doubt the ncaa cares how that company/laundering service gets their cash. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

14 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I don’t pay attention to all the rules of NIL but it’s surprising to me that this has passed a compliance check.  I signed up just to see, and it’s exactly what you think. You can search up a player and just send them cash. Nothing in return needed. 

Well, ostensibly it's this (from mynilpay.org):

Complies with NCAA requirements

In exchange for the payment, the fan will receive a unique digital asset featuring the athletes name and digital signature.  By digitally signing the asset, the athlete has fulfilled the NCAA quid-pro-quo requirement and does not need to take any other action. The Fair-Market-Value of the digital asset is what the fan and athlete agree on.

Now, whether that actually meets the compliance check or not...I get the NFT's market is ridiculous and all made up but it seems a bit too convenient to say "We agree that this NFT is worth $2,000,000" and if we both agree to that then it's fair market value!

Edited by Genghis

In exchange for the payment, the fan will receive a unique digital asset featuring the athletes name and digital signature.  By digitally signing the asset, the athlete has fulfilled the NCAA quid-pro-quo requirement and does not need to take any other action. The Fair-Market-Value of the digital asset is what the fan and athlete agree on.

Now, whether that actually meets the compliance check or not...I get the NFT's market is ridiculous and all made up but it seems a bit too convenient to say "We agree that this NFT is worth $2,000,000" and if we both agree to that then it's fair market value!

How does the recru...err "enrolled athlete" know which fanbase the money is coming from? This seems like something that could be exploited to lure players into the portal.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Genghis said:

Probably good enough. No one tells you what art is worth if you’re an art guy, it’s between you and the artistic or gallery. It’s cameo, but for a unique scribble. What do think the ncaa will do, grow some balls and get back into court?

Edited by SydneyCarton

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Probably good enough. No one tells you what art is worth if you’re an art guy, it’s between you and the artistic or gallery. It’s cameo, but for a unique scribble. What do think the ncaa will do, grow some balls and get back into court?

What is the native language of the person who wrote this?

My guess is that it was written by a foreign exchange summer intern, but I can’t pinpoint the writer’s native language. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

What is the native language of the person who wrote this?

My guess is that it was written by a foreign exchange summer intern, but I can’t pinpoint the writer’s native language. 

When it comes to spelling and autocorrect, I admit I can be a complete shitshow. But if I edited that post to fix it, I'd literally change one word, correcting "artistic" to "artist." The rest of it's just fine, it's not really the author's problem if you don't know what Cameo is, or that an NFT would could be seen as a "unique scribble" if those were the things that you're choking on, sir. 

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2023 at 8:11 AM, closetojumping said:

There is nothing “smart” about being the starting QB at Texas and having a girlfriend, much less one that is dumb enough to go to OU. Jesus.

If my son was on scholarship to play QB at Texas, my last bit of advice before sending him off would be: “You are a QB at the University of Texas. That’s like having a superpower. Get as much pussy, as fast as you can, all of the time. And don’t forget about Texas State. Make sure you visit friends down there during the off-season regularly.”

James Street’s roommate told me that they had to change to an unlisted number because of all the girls calling.  He noted “they sure as hell weren’t calling me.” 😃

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

At about 50 seconds into the podcast, debonair Mr. Liucci compliments the hosts for their "hundreds" of followers. That was as far as I got. We ought to charge Billy a consulting fee for his make-over. 

It gets tremendously better about 90 seconds after that.  "I've seen everything in aggy sports, well, except championships"

If you look hard enough, you'll see a man that knows he'll be buried without seeing his ags win a championship.  Lulz. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I like it when they attack the kid's character, said he lied, and then a mod shows up and says "He gave me Texas quotes and told me every day this week it was still Texas." So then they attack the mod. 

the UF on3 guy attacked his character, the UF 247 guy had the Texas quotes Monday

sounds like we have a good ole fashioned source off - except one of them has info and quotes from the player and the other one guy played by someone on the inside of UF and probably got their source fired?

That KC Gator isn't their on3 reporter, his name is Keith Neibuhr (something like that).  This guy is just a butthurt Gator, I believe.  Their 247 reporter stated that Keith was also told by D'antre that his pick was Texas.  This guy is a JAG poster who professes to have some insider knowledge, which I don't believe for a second.

45 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I like it when they attack the kid's character, said he lied, and then a mod shows up and says "He gave me Texas quotes and told me every day this week it was still Texas." So then they attack the mod. 

Imagine being a 17 year old kid getting calls/texts every day from 3 or 4 different recruiting websites for each school recruiting you hard.  I don't even like answering the phone when my wife calls. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread