Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

ATM got desperate for Owens when other 5 star players like Hill fell through. He was money-whipped for optics. That recruitment, once his dad skated from murder charges, was solely about NIL. Nothing wrong with that, but aggies posting about it otherwise are completely clueless. Completely.

Owens is a great talent, but the dude has huge bust potential. What does he have to say if he gets like 30 touches next year, like Jonathan Brooks got last year? What happens when his pass blocking takes some time to pick up?

Add in that nothing about Jimbo's offense is anywhere near to freshman friendly...

28 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I seriously doubt Gibson makes $800K in his Texas career. The RB room will always be loaded as long as Choice is coaching it. 

Bijan made millions last year and did well the prior period also. A high performing TB at Texas will make 7 figures per year. That has nothing to do with a collective. That's corporate density. That isn't true elsewhere, but that will stay true at places like UT, UCLA, USC, and UGA. It's not enough to be a starter, though. Companies need to feel like they're getting value, so the TB needs to not be a dipshit and needs to post numbers.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There is nothing “smart” about being the starting QB at Texas and having a girlfriend, much less one that is dumb enough to go to OU. Jesus.

If my son was on scholarship to play QB at Texas, my last bit of advice before sending him off would be: “You are a QB at the University of Texas. That’s like having a superpower. Get as much pussy, as fast as you can, all of the time. And don’t forget about Texas State. Make sure you visit friends down there during the off-season regularly.”

She goes to school 6 hours away. He’s free to slay as much pussy as he wants out and about campus but he’s got a regular no hassle booty call the 21 days a year he is at home over summer or Xmas. That’s not terrible. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

21 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

She goes to school 6 hours away. He’s free to slay as much pussy as he wants out and about campus but he’s got a regular no hassle booty call the 21 days a year he is at home over summer or Xmas. That’s not terrible. 

This guy gets it

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

image.png.35896c8b7e382dde74841b9935f1f0d5.png

I love this narrative moving toward aggy "fact".   It takes about 1/2 second to find the play by play and see that Texas never saw a 4th down on their final drive in that game, but I predict within a year the story will be that a game sealing aggy pick 6 was taken off the board when Deloss Dodds come out of the press box, personally called his hunting buddy and UT grad referee to the sideline, pulled out his wallet and handed over $500 on the spot. Then the flag was thrown and Texas was given a fresh set of downs, thus allowing them to kick the game ending (not "winning" because, you know - it's aggy) field goal.  

The play-by-play captured below is clearly an ESPN/TU conspiracy.  

image.png.9a16b11f6d0f6ee97e8f10b78182aa9a.png

Tucker was pretty much nails that season, but I still remember being nervous as hell for the kick. Knowing what we know now about him, I would’ve already been talking shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

It feels good to be gangsta. Not gonna lie. Burnt orange power dictating sec media days. Longhorn state. Running the sec before we get to it. Buying errbody anytime we want. Unlimited power is fucking awesome gents 

SMH, how can we be running the SEC if horns down isn't even a penalty?

(j/k don't @ me)

13 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

SMH, how can we be running the SEC if horns down isn't even a penalty?

(j/k don't @ me)

This is what's always been so silly about the "horns whining made horns-down a penalty" narrative.  It's not, at least, not always.

First, I'll say that I think taunting rules are silly and would be fine if they were eliminated.

But as long as taunting rules exist, then they should be called equally and fairly and horns-down fits within that classification, in cases where it's clearly used as a taunt.  It's no different than the throat slash gesture, or standing over a player when he's down, or the gator chomp, or whatever.  If it's used as a taunt, it should be called.  If it's not, then it shouldn't.  There's nothing special or unique or difficult about this. 

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Gibson and his family have gotten nothing. Texas doesn't pay recruits. I can say that as a complete fucking certainty. When players get to campus, they get all kinds of opportunities. The star recruits like Gibson get more opportunities than an OL who will probably work on development for a few years. They all know that. 

That considered, Gibson isn't going to get close to $800k as a freshman. Again, that is a certainty from my end. As to the Lambo, the Austin Lambo dealership sees a lot of value in leasing their cars to star players at Texas with solid social media followings who also are not idiots when off campus. If Gibson fits that criteria, he'll have the chance to drive a bad ass vehicle if he wants. There are other dealerships with the same outlook. Apparently that dealership thinks the return on their investment with Bijan was through the roof.

ATM got desperate for Owens when other 5 star players like Hill fell through. He was money-whipped for optics. That recruitment, once his dad skated from murder charges, was solely about NIL. Nothing wrong with that, but aggies posting about it otherwise are completely clueless. Completely.

Giving Lambos to high profile Florida recruits like Gibson or Baxter would be a genius move. How many dudes are driving around in one of those in Gainesville or Tallahassee? And all of the recruits down there would sure as hell take notice. 

Edited by Vertigo

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

They seem to care way more about this than we do.

They do. They think we absolutely fixate on it and take every single horns down to heart. "They dont know what they are in for in the SEC" like I havent seen every fuckhead Kansas State and Mountaineer fan doing it at every single opportunity for my entire adult life. I dont know of a single Texas fan that gives one single iota of a fuck. If anything, it cracks me up every time I see it, especially if their team is down or seemingly irrelevant. Pretty sure I can find a picture of a Rice fan doing it with his team down 42-0. I would also love to know why media members bring this up at every turn, im guessing Kurt Bowels asked this one

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Definitely.  The real question is, why WOULDN'T it be a penalty? Why are they so eager to see their players do the horns-down, that they want to create a protected class of taunting that does not get called on the field, when all other taunts are called on the field?  Why should this one type of taunt be exempted, just because they care so much about doing it?

Such small minds.

• Hook 'Em 4

39 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

It's for loser programs.  That's why Saban lost his shit when his players were doing it lol.

Saban lost his shit because he was informed about it being a penalty the week of the game, thanked the reporter because he did not know that, drilled it in practice not to do it and they did it anyhow after extremely sloppy game.

It was about discipline, had he not drilled it he would not have gotten mad.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I seriously doubt Gibson makes $800K in his Texas career. The RB room will always be loaded as long as Choice is coaching it. 

Why not, aren't we paying Arch Manning like $8 million a year to hold a clipboard?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, linux said:

Saban lost his shit because he was informed about it being a penalty the week of the game, thanked the reporter because he did not know that, drilled it in practice not to do it and they did it anyhow after extremely sloppy game.

Bored Will And Grace GIF by Cameo

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

This is what's always been so silly about the "horns whining made horns-down a penalty" narrative.  It's not, at least, not always.

First, I'll say that I think taunting rules are silly and would be fine if they were eliminated.

But as long as taunting rules exist, then they should be called equally and fairly and horns-down fits within that classification, in cases where it's clearly used as a taunt.  It's no different than the throat slash gesture, or standing over a player when he's down, or the gator chomp, or whatever.  If it's used as a taunt, it should be called.  If it's not, then it shouldn't.  There's nothing special or unique or difficult about this. 

Um, you do realize some of the people crying about it are aggy, razorbacks, cougars, mountaineers, and sooners right?  They are willfully stupid.  

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There is nothing “smart” about being the starting QB at Texas and having a girlfriend, much less one that is dumb enough to go to OU. Jesus.

If my son was on scholarship to play QB at Texas, my last bit of advice before sending him off would be: “You are a QB at the University of Texas. That’s like having a superpower. Get as much pussy, as fast as you can, all of the time. And don’t forget about Texas State. Make sure you visit friends down there during the off-season regularly.”

Agreed and if you don't believe papa, watch this.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

She's been discussed for a page + already and not a single pic from anyone?

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

They're celebrating the success of the Big Lie. I like how 5-7 A&M is saying we can't handle the SEC.

I think once we start having games and mingling with other fans, Aggie lies will be revealed. The Aggies are setting us up for success by spewing their dishonest shit about Toxic Texas. When they get to know us they'll find their own opinions.

The Aggie claim that we'll steamroll everybody and destroy the SEC is insulting to the other SEC schools. Of course, since Aggies can hold two opposing positions to be a single truth, they also believe we'll be shoved around and shocked to find out we're not the only big dog.

It got tedious being the big dog of the Big 12. I want to play among more equals. I want us to be just another big game to our conference mates rather than the only big game. OU has been better than us on the field, but I don't think anyone would question who the other teams most want to beat.

Playing in the SEC will be fun. The games will be bigger against teams of national renown. We don't give a shit about horns down, where media days are held, or where the SEC HQ resides. 

We get to look Aggy in the eye again and repeat, "It don't make a shit."

spacer.png

3 hours ago, linux said:

Your mom got drilled 

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Not hard to look like a real defense when facing Dumbo's offense plus that dog shit OL.

Screenshot_20230718_163557_Chrome.jpg

Real defenses like App State and Mass-a-2-setts?  Or Abilene Christian or New Mexico?  Or Auburn or USCe or Miss State?  Give me a break.

21 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Man, I'm loving being the NIL boogeyman to these other schools. It's fucking hilarious, and fuck them and their cheating fucking asses for decades now bitching about our deep pockets. But, man, they are so, so wrong about the dollar amounts and such. Like, painfully wrong. But ok. The legend is always greater than reality, and for our purposes the legend serves our purposes much greater. 

We should all go and get TexAgs accounts with names like "TrueAg1987"  or whatever and start talking about how "my brother is Recruit X's trainer.  He told me that the Sips are paying Recruit X getting two million to sign plus another 500k per year for him and 500k for his parents. He also got to choose between a Corvette, a Porsche Cayman and an Audi R8."   Just make up outrageous amounts, ridiculous cars etc...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

We should all go and get TexAgs accounts with names like "TrueAg1987"  or whatever and start talking about how "my brother is Recruit X's trainer.  He told me that the Sips are paying Recruit X getting two million to sign plus another 500k per year for him and 500k for his parents. He also got to choose between a Corvette, a Porsche Cayman and an Audi R8."   Just make up outrageous amounts, ridiculous cars etc...

That's actually a great idea. Lets get @RomaVicta on board, he already has a highly respected sock account over there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread