Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

17 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

"Texas has always abhored competition."

How does one even hold this thought in their mind, given that Texas has won 11 NCAA national championships across multiple sports since the Aggies won their last one in 2017?

Says aggy who likes to play PV A&M, Tarelton, App State and the like.     🙄🙄🙄

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Says aggy who likes to play PV A&M, Tarelton, App State and the like.     🙄🙄🙄

Yep. 

Add the likes of Sam Houston State, Lamar, Northwestern State, Nicholls State, and Western Carolina to that murderers' row.  Yes, folks, these are all teams aggy has played in the last 10 seasons.  Any decent, reasonable fan would be embarrassed if their school scheduled such a succession of cupcakes, but aggy is neither decent nor reasonable. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Yep. 

Add the likes of Sam Houston State, Lamar, Northwestern State, Nicholls State, and Western Carolina to that murderers' row.  Yes, folks, these are all teams aggy has played in the last 10 seasons.  Any decent, reasonable fan would be embarrassed if their school scheduled such a succession of cupcakes, but aggy is neither decent nor reasonable. 

Correct, they are primarily a gaggle of pussies.

• Hook 'Em 2

Losers want to compare losing. This is so on-point Aggie.

Why 1972, by the way?

Oh yea, modern era. Check out A&M's record the ten years before this guy starts the clock:

image.png.e62337dfa4597d97d3173bbfaa8a25fd.pngimage.png.6878ad11ca74777b345fbe94cd02fe34.png

Most of that is with a 10 game season.

21 minutes ago, Scholz said:

How are they “used to the grind” when they come in last place?

They're used to getting ground up. They're going to hate it when we roll into Kyle with a better record than theirs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Let me get this straight… Aggy is 100% convinced that they’re built for the grind of the SEC. But Texas and OU (two programs who have actually competed for titles in the modern era) will struggle…

aggy has really been grinding out SEC West titles...just look on the wall (not on your google machine)

On 7/14/2023 at 4:32 PM, RomaVicta said:

Losers want to compare losing. This is so on-point Aggie.

Why 1972, by the way?

Oh yea, modern era. Check out A&M's record the ten years before this guy starts the clock:

image.png.e62337dfa4597d97d3173bbfaa8a25fd.pngimage.png.6878ad11ca74777b345fbe94cd02fe34.png

Most of that is with a 10 game season.

They're used to getting ground up. They're going to hate it when we roll into Kyle with a better record than theirs.

I’m not a historian, but I’m pretty sure every aggy student was off single handedly kicking the asses of the krauts at that time.  Easy to have a winning record if you sit at home sipping tea, and playing football instead of saving the world. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m not a historian, but I’m pretty sure every aggy student was off single handedly kicking the asses of the krauts at that time.  Easy to have a winning record if you sit at home sipping tea, and playing football instead of saving the world. 

You shame me, sir. 

On 7/14/2023 at 12:03 PM, texifornia said:

Georgia Tech

idk if i have ever wanted a non-Texas player to just kill it after transferring as much as i want King to win the QB job, have a fantastic season and for GaTech to make some noise in the Coastal Division.

but they were picked to finish next to last by the media. so probably wont happen and King will never take a snap a GaTech but get his masters in something wild.

https://theacc.com/news/2022/7/26/clemson-favored-in-2022-acc-football-preseason-poll.aspx

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 4:09 PM, Scholz said:

How are they “used to the grind” when they come in last place?

image.jpeg.22d628920911233f4740c3534df870fa.jpeg

yeah, that's what they are "used" to doing...finishing in the bottom half of their 7 team division. it's incredible they have 11 seasons in the SEC. take out the COVID year and they have 2 winning seasons in 10 tries, with one of them being the first year in the conference

image.png.af261a5179d0e225d2e72abd7e781b3d.png

• Hook 'Em 2

There are some regular tropes that the aggie clowns throw out that never cease to baffle me. 

"TU destroyed 2 conferences" - The SWC began to unravel when Arkansas left. After that, 4 teams made the exit together, of which ATM was one. If Texas is to own that in their mind, the implication is that we forced little brother to come with us. Otherwise, they were in the thick of breaking up the conference. Beyond that one, Texas stayed in the Big 12 when ATM and others did their damnedest to destroy it. Meanwhile, a decade later, Texas leaves the conference and it is strong enough at that point to continue to survive and grow on its own. One conference was dissolved, through 5 programs out of 9 leaving it, and the other is fine. Like, there is nothing actually factual about the premise that Texas "destroyed" two conferences.

"TU isn't big enough up front to do well in the SEC." - This is said repeatedly by people who follow only ATM recruiting and then just throw shit out there to make themselves feel better. Also, Texas went blow for blow with Bama last year in the trenches. 

"The SEC is a grind that TU isn't ready for" - Obviously the portal will matter, as will recruiting, but I see the Michigan game in Ann Arbor in 2024 being the toughest game on the schedule besides Georgia in Austin. Florida is a name, but there's nothing to indicate that they're anything but middling right now. Vandy? Miss State? ATM? Kentucky? None of those teams are better quality than the Big12 opponents we face every year. OU is on the schedule irrespective of season or conference. Arkansas could be argued as a tough match-up because of 2021, but historically Texas is just fine playing and owning Arkansas once the program understands how the pigs see it. I look at the "SEC grind" and can't fucking wait given that every game won't be a fucking jihad game for the opponent.

"Wait until the other fanbases get a taste of TU fans." - In my travels over the last two weeks across the SEC country, I had numerous conversations with people asking me about aggies and their weirdness and also telling me how excited they are to have Texas and OU joining the conference. Damned near all of the conversations that turned to sports were fun and interesting. What are these rubes expecting Texas fans to do to these other fanbases? Piss on their crowds? Steal their girlfriends? Beat their kids? It's just idiotic. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread