Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

7 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

image.png.dc2bb25412429c67c3a90d787b108f8e.png

that last line should be the TexAgs tagline

"losing culture can create habits"

quick reminder:

last time Texas A&M won a football national championship was 1939. last time they won a baseball national championship was never. last time they won a basketball championship was never.

the last time they won a regular season conference championship in football was 1998. in basketball? 2016 (before that it was 1986.) baseball was 2011.

but hey, they did win 2 softball championships in 1987 and 1983. they won a national championship in WBB in 2011.

here is their history of national championships, spread out over who knows how many seasons across more than 10 different sponsored varsity sports.

image.png.8b2bea36411d04ff53bfb24f97d46a30.png

they have finished in the top 5 of the directors cup exactly once (2012-2013), which has existed since 1993.

they have losing records to all of their actual football rivals Texas (76-35-7), LSU (31-23-3) and Arkansas (42-34-3) - but hey, they do have winning records against Baylor, TCU and Texas Tech!

if any athletic department in the entire country knows that losing culture can create (bad) habits, it is the one in College Station lol

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

McMurphy relaying this quote should make for some good reactions

I’ve been to a Bama home game during the Saban era versus UF. I would say the crowd reminded me a lot of many of them at DKR. Nice atmosphere. Nothing insane. Now, could this home game be different for them? I don’t know. 

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve been to a Bama home game during the Saban era versus UF. I would say the crowd reminded me a lot of many of them at DKR. Nice atmosphere. Nothing insane. Now, could this home game be different for them? I don’t know. 

Very tame as long as you don't encounter this fine Alabama specimen:

Woman loses her Alabama mind on unsuspecting Oklahoma fans | For The Win

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

34 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Up until South Carolina got mediocre, they basically had 5 wins baked in every year.  A few tossups.  And two really tough games.  Basically, really easy to go 8-4 with their scheduling of four cupcakes and 8 home games.

and yet 5-7 last year.  That was truly an incredible accomplishment.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Excluding 2020 they have 5 years where they posted a winning conference record in the last 20 years. 5. They've finished 2nd in their division once in that time.

How very little brother of them to ridicule our last decade+ while acting as if they've accomplished anything more than riding the coattails of the rest of the SEC. 

It's okay. They get 1 more year to hide behind Bama & LSU before they start catching their yearly beatdowns from big brother again.

• Hook 'Em 3

Well, Jimbo does KNOW how to win a natty.  First step is have championship level practices. 
And when your star QB wants crab legs without paying or a little less than willing nookie, godammit your QB gets free crab legs with a side of tail and ain't nuthin wrong with that dadgummit!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Spoiler

image.png.39c3ba02d7fb9af6ce64ad4498790e07.png

I think it's funny that they think recruits follow us with the same intensity and prejudice that they do. I'm guessing that they assume everybody knows that we wreck conferences and everybody hates us the worst.  

You know recruits who visit there must be exposed to their crazy jihad against tu. I just can't believe that ever helps them.

image.png.2a6ccaf1766794b1906f718abb3b0b0c.png

Probably because it didn't happen and you're just lying about it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2023-08-04-14-51-15-30_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

We have NFL players at DL, CB, and LB and an All-SEC safety.

But our defense (the strength of the 2022 team) has "glaring holes". Plural. I wish he named them because I can only think of edge and maybe Will LB--but I wouldn't call either "glaring holes". I guess the ags don't have any holes on defense.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Those “Generational Morons” forget to reflect that during JFF’s Heisman year, they actually played TWO FCS schools! Look it up.

Hook’em!!

Also pulled out a 59-57 win against Dykes at Lousiana Tech. That game was insane.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RomaVicta said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think it's funny that they think recruits follow us with the same intensity and prejudice that they do. I'm guessing that they assume everybody knows that we wreck conferences and everybody hates us the worst.  

You know recruits who visit there must be exposed to their crazy jihad against tu. I just can't believe that ever helps them.

Ah yes. The collective genius of fuckwits Hall and Billingsly was responsible for our defensive game planning against the first pick in the draft.

Goddamn idiots

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, RomaVicta said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Between this and one of those fucksticks wondering about the attrition we had on the o-line. Like fuck, how are these people so fucking stupid?

17 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Those “Generational Morons” forget to reflect that during JFF’s Heisman year, they actually played TWO FCS schools! Look it up.

Hook’em!!

How can someone be a “generational” moron when, in every generation, they have the same kind of morons?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 2:19 PM, RomaVicta said:

I love this one for Aggie spin:

image.png.eadf7ad0e8ece0daed1df7204206260d.png

Yes, it's been all misery for Texas since 2003. Very similar to A&M. Just about equal in NC games, conference championships, major bowl victories including whipping Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, and USC. 

Aggies? Probably the best team in the country except for losing. We'll never catch them in imagined greatness.

As shitty as it's been for us, it's crazy that just 5 years ago we had a 10-win season, went to a major bowl game, beat a top 5 team in that bowl game, and finished in the top 10.  How many times in their history has aggy had a season that checked all those boxes?  Is the answer "one"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Texas_A%26M_Aggies_football_seasons

• Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread