Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

20 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Ah yes. Our famous culture problems. We can only aspire to have a championship culture that sends 30 players into the portal and features regular fistfights among teammates.

That comment killed me. The guy whose team went 5-7 in Year 5 of their $100 million head coach with the team clearly quitting midseason, players missing curfew, smoking weed in the locker room, getting dismissed form the program, etc. thinks Texas has a culture problem and will quit after one loss. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

F3rM3v9WMAEB7s3?format=webp&name=medium

"That one time under Mack Brown" ...

In 2005 we won the National Championship, with a victory over Kansas 66-14. I don't think a phantom PI call affected that game. He's thinking about our first trip to the Rose Bowl.

I can see how Aggy would get confused, since it's hard for them to fathom that a team could go to the Rose Bowl 3 times in 6 years, including playing for 2 titles.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don’t think we are either. Looking at his list of suitors, who reasonably is going to make Fong move off his CB? Miami’s NIL is a dirty diaper doused in gasoline, and I am expected to take Michigan Stste seriously? I guess you can’t discount Oregon, but Bradenton to Eugene and the big 10 games is a hell of a distance. So maybe hometown Florida? Dunno man. 

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Stone is from Oklahoma. 

Yeah, he’s a hometown kid. He’s going to OU, but they are sweating it hard. I have former co-workers and some in-laws who live up there. They’re already catatonic over the Nwaneri loss. They’re convinced right now that Stone is one decent NIL deal away from gone. It’s a lot of fun to watch. I think we should make a run at him just to see their reaction and drive up his price. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

I think we should make a run at him just to see their reaction and drive up his price. 

Absolutely. If you know a player is a must have for someone, this is definitely the strategy.

I used to be in an auction fantasy league and there was one member who made it clear he was going to get Antonio Gates every year come hell or high water. So I’d make him spend half his budget every year on that one player.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I really hope that dumbshit spends 30 bucks on a game ticket and $200 on a plane ticket to Lawrence for a game that will be played in Austin.

Well, I’d consider driving over to Collie Station to watch a replay of thatAppalachian State game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

They do have one of the better OL classes this year, at least on paper. Problem is that they’re getting it in a down year for OL in general.

Not the pattern you want to be in (having to load up on positions having a down year), unless of course you’re actively destroying a roster from the inside whilst milking a bunch of idiots for $100M.

Edited by Enchubben
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Yeah, he’s a hometown kid. He’s going to OU, but they are sweating it hard. I have former co-workers and some in-laws who live up there. They’re already catatonic over the Nwaneri loss. They’re convinced right now that Stone is one decent NIL deal away from gone. It’s a lot of fun to watch. I think we should make a run at him just to see their reaction and drive up his price. 

Miami should be too broke to put together a better NIL package than OU… but you never know. Maybe Uncle Luke, Ruiz’s ex-wife, and the Surfside Survivors Fund can cobble something together. 

20 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Since Ishbia levered up to buy a new toy to play with, doesn’t seem like Michigan State is competitive either.  Not sure what they are worried about…

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

F3036SZXQAE4p2l?format=webp&name=mediumF3036f6XkAAvPbo?format=webp&name=mediumF3036sMWAAAGDmN?format=webp&name=mediumF303611WEAAaHyv?format=webp&name=medium

SOmeone should ask that poster who says there is a big difference between improving from 5-7 as opposed to improving from 8-4...how he feels about his own team impriving from 5-7, apparently skipping the 8-4 aspect, and just assuming his team is going to win 10 games this year. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

SOmeone should ask that poster who says there is a big difference between improving from 5-7 as opposed to improving from 8-4...how he feels about his own team impriving from 5-7, apparently skipping the 8-4 aspect, and just assuming his team is going to win 10 games this year. 

I wonder if they have figured out that they are on their second lap around the sun with win expectations and fisher. Last season's 5-7 represented the beginning of the cycle, and as he climbs to 8-4/9-3 the ags will triumphantly declare they are back, only to have the same results the next season, only to then fall back down into .500ville.

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I wonder if they have figured out that they are on their second lap around the sun with win expectations and fisher. Last season's 5-7 represented the beginning of the cycle, and as he climbs to 8-4/9-3 the ags will triumphantly declare they are back, only to have the same results the next season, only to then fall back down into .500ville.

Those dumbasses probably extend his contract again with 8 wins. 

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Watching the complete evolution for them in regard to their view on Arch Manning is quite something to behold. They went from "wish we had a shot. he's going to Georgia. ugh." to "there's no way he goes to tu. he's going to Georgia and will be a star." to "good get for tu." to "he'd be ranked as a star without the name. he's a bust." and now that isn't just some sort of mantra, it is a fundamental belief. A certainty.

I saw this with VY. They were convinced he'd go to Miami, then that he'd be a bust at Texas, then that he was a bust at Texas. I don't know how many here have ever discussed Vince with an aggie, but most of the redasses older than 35 will swear on a bible that he wasn't very good. That's where things will land with Manning. He could win a title and become a NFL HOFer and they'll never come off of their religious conviction that the guy sucks.

Same thing with their revisionist history of "Cart McCoy."

It doesn't matter that he (at one time) owned the single-season record for completion percentage and the record for all-time NCAA wins (let alone being a two-time AA, only NCAA QB in history with four 10-win seasons, etc.).

Nah, he's just the shitty tu QB who cried his way out of a title game with the mighty SEC-SEC-SEC.

Cognitive dissonance and revisionist history is just what they do.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Watching the complete evolution for them in regard to their view on Arch Manning is quite something to behold. They went from "wish we had a shot. he's going to Georgia. ugh." to "there's no way he goes to tu. he's going to Georgia and will be a star." to "good get for tu." to "he'd be ranked as a star without the name. he's a bust." and now that isn't just some sort of mantra, it is a fundamental belief. A certainty.

I saw this with VY. They were convinced he'd go to Miami, then that he'd be a bust at Texas, then that he was a bust at Texas. I don't know how many here have ever discussed Vince with an aggie, but most of the redasses older than 35 will swear on a bible that he wasn't very good. That's where things will land with Manning. He could win a title and become a NFL HOFer and they'll never come off of their religious conviction that the guy sucks.

Agreed on aggies view on Arch. It's in their DNA. Also, I have a long time buddy that went to ATM, and in 2005, and to this day, he believes Reggie McNeal had the same/better talent thank VY. As does any other aggie I knew...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Agsttt is having a lot of very real conversations with definitely not imaginary UT fans

F31K6ZAWQAAwCEA?format=webp&name=mediumF31K6mfXEAAgjtM?format=webp&name=mediumF31K61cXYAE6JdD?format=webp&name=mediumF31K7CyXYAADUba?format=webp&name=medium

The SEC is still full of cheaters.  NIL has leveled the playing field and now the cheaters don't have an advantage.  Also, for A&M if they don't do well in 2023 and 2024 there's no coming back from that because their previous recovery methods are neutralized.  UT will be fine either way but we're going in dry in 2024 anyways.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Watching the complete evolution for them in regard to their view on Arch Manning is quite something to behold. They went from "wish we had a shot. he's going to Georgia. ugh." to "there's no way he goes to tu. he's going to Georgia and will be a star." to "good get for tu." to "he'd be ranked as a 3star without the name. he's a bust." and now that isn't just some sort of mantra, it is a fundamental belief. A certainty.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

"Reggie McNeal was still better than VY."

Calzone  , Weigman , Johnson Back Up QB is better than Arch ! 

• Like 1

Why is “Texifornia’s” quotes/pictures blocked on each thread? Just curious, as he’s posted a lot lately, but they’re all blocked. I didn’t block his name or signature, so I’m just curious as to why I’m not seeing his posts?

Hook’em!!!

Yea same they are showing up as broken images.

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

Why is “Texifornia’s” quotes/pictures blocked on each thread? Just curious, as he’s posted a lot lately, but they’re all blocked. I didn’t block his name or signature, so I’m just curious as to why I’m not seeing his posts?

Hook’em!!!

4 minutes ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

Yea same they are showing up as broken images.

Hurricane Hilary?

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread