Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

15 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

image.png.fe2e9533eaa616514b1b49439d03abc4.png

I love that they STILL don't get that there is no, "negotiate him down" possible.  The contract is guaranteed dumb fucks. 

even worse, he pays 37% of every pay day, but taking that cost of money hit as soon as possible, for the money at stake here, is worth tens of millions more for little fish.

if they wrote him a check for (guessing) $70m today he keeps 44m

3-month t-bills are yielding more than long paper right now

44 x 0.535 = 2.36m january bonus

assume 3-month paper stays at 5% for just 1 year

48.68 (april 24)

51.11 (july 24)

53.67 (october 24)

if jimbo gets bought out tomorrow he makes 10m in 1 year just parking the money with the fed, whereas if he compounds annual checks from talkiebird (paid with our money) he makes far less

a metric fuckton less

JIMBO WANTS TO GET FIRED - actually he wants to collect his guaranteed contract - but he has negative monetary incentive to win

17 hours ago, Colonel Sanders said:

I kind of don't understand the aggie meltdown.  They were 3 point underdogs on the road and lost by 7.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but they always seem to pencil in these toss up games as wins, and are flabbergasted when they go the other way.

it's loss #3

the inbound-natty everyone talks about us we're important construct collapses instantly with the 3rd loss which always takes them out of contention for everything

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

even worse, he pays 37% of every pay day, but taking that cost of money hit as soon as possible, for the money at stake here, is worth tens of millions more for little fish.

48.68 (april 24)

51.11 (july 24)

53.67 (october 24)

if jimbo gets bought out tomorrow he makes 10m in 1 year just parking the money with the fed, whereas if he compounds annual checks from talkiebird (paid with our money) he makes far less

a metric fuckton less

JIMBO WANTS TO GET FIRED - actually he wants to collect his guaranteed contract - but he has negative monetary incentive to win

He doesn’t get it all as a lump sum. It’s a decent chunk fairly quickly, then annual payments over the life of the contract. 

maybe up front could be a negotiated point but then that would require aggy to pony up huge in the short term as opposed to spreading the pain over 6 years. 

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

48.68 (april 24)

51.11 (july 24)

53.67 (october 24)

a metric fuckton less

I don't know how the word "worse" enters into a discussion about somebody getting $75MM even if it's $50MM after taxes. Oh, and the receiver is already a multi-millionaire.

I'd just be smiling all the time and saying, "This is great!"

48.68 (april 24)
51.11 (july 24)
53.67 (october 24)
a metric fuckton less

3month t bills yield 5% annually, not in 3 months. In your example you’d get 5.35%/4 at the end of 3 months.
  • Hook 'Em 5

A lot of this “Jimbo must go” talk sounds awfully woke to me. I sure hope the Ags don’t fall to the same wokeness that took over in Austin and too many other college campuses to mention. A&M is the most patriotic and conservative university, it would be a shame if they fired Jimbo because of the Woke Mob.
giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

spacer.pngthis infrared imagery proves the fart theory about Aggie fatigue in the 4th quarter.  This was a 4th quarter Max Johnson fart and notice how quickly the red dissipates from the gas plume once ejected from Johnson?  That’s a weak grain rip… clearly not enough sorghum at play here

• Like 2
  • Haha 4