Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

12 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I don't understand how anyone can watch Pate or the On3 crap.  They basically follow the same formula of babbling and talking around the topic and never offer real information or predictions even.   If Texas can control the clock, complete passes, and run when they need to, and protect the QB they have a chance to win.  But they need to get more efficient in the red zone.  ISU has a chance if they can make Texas one dimensional, hold and tackle receivers with immunity,  and score more points.   

Whoever scores more points will win.

50 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I don't understand how anyone can watch Pate or the On3 crap.  They basically follow the same formula of babbling and talking around the topic and never offer real information or predictions even.   If Texas can control the clock, complete passes, and run when they need to, and protect the QB they have a chance to win.  But they need to get more efficient in the red zone.  ISU has a chance if they can make Texas one dimensional, hold and tackle receivers with immunity,  and score more points.   

When Texas wins and plays well I tune in.  When they don't I don't.

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

why should we believe this Welborn dude

Sounds like he's a moron. SECRant aggy board is saying that the same source reported that Petrino would be promoted to HC just a few days ago. Here are some comments over there. 

I will say, a lot of aggys have been pretty rational in discussions about Traylor. Even they realize his resume is thin. 

We’re not hiring Traylor. And that same poster said we were promoting Petrino just a few days ago. And the Jimbo hire was known to be brewing by A LOT of people mid-November 2017. Woodward and he had already been in talks for a month and the big donors had already been notified.

I hope your sources are right this time and it's not a repeat of Doug Meechum for OC, Bud Foster for DC, or Sumlin being fired in '15 and '16. Iconmoon.gif
Basically the most impressive thing Traylor has done was almost beat BYU in the COVID year.

As far as Traylor goes, IDGAF if he bad mouthed us on the recruiting trail while at Texas. He’s had the same (very good) QB his entire tenure at UTSA, and he doesn’t have a single marquee win where they punched above their weight the way even a Herman or Sumlin did at UH. When he was a P5 assistant every staff he was on got their fricking skulls kicked in on the field and on the recruiting trail. I don’t think it will be him but woof it is.

I don’t know much about Traylor but from the way it sounds I think I’d rather promote ERob, I’d have no issue taking my licks with him early on and letting him grow. Seems like that’s what we’d be doing with Traylor anyways

If I did Twitter I would ask Pate if aggy loses to LSU would aggy move into his top 10.
I don't know if he has a hard on for aggy or a blind spot for talent. He does the same for Mario. Always apologizes for him and commends the talent he has brought in. 
I don't think he really has anything for aggy, just a business decision to get more views. It also helped when he was just getting his thing started and aggy (Looch aided I'm sure) pretty much rolled out the red carpet when he announced Bama at aggy as one of the games he and his crew would be attending in person. I like Pate, but he can be a bit too diplomatic at times...he won't outright trash any program even if they deserve it.
Yeah, his Pate poll or whatever it’s called is….interesting. I get it, he goes by who would be favored on a neutral field but this week’s poll still has aggy at #18? It’s odd. 
He also claimed there are “firmly entrenched coaches” who have reached out to aggy. Me at the gym when I heard that:
200.gif
He's just regurgitating aggy propaganda he's being fed. Nothing more, nothing less.

why should we believe this Welborn dude
I can't give you a reason, but Traylor was my pick for who they'd ultimately end up with on day one. Of course they kicked the tires on Lanning, Dabo and possibly a couple other big names, but fiscal reality is starting to set in with their BMD's about now.

Based on actual on actual resources, money, fans support, recruiting base, conference, facilities and NIL A&M is a elite tier job, so the the national media are not dumb asses for call long A&M a top five job. The real dumbasses are the people in charge of A&M with the resources of a top 5 program and have jack shit to show for it. Y’all sound like Texags complaining about some media conspiracy, the national media does not go digging into the politics and card room meetings where the real dysfunction that makes A&M what they are happens. National writers ask the local “beat writers” for information on what’s happening and as well all know A&M has successfully purged any local reporters not taking orders directly from A&M. 

What I’m waiting for is aggy to balk at the Elko price tag and then go to Traylor and see him demand to bring in his own guys…. So either he gets stuck with most of the old staff (because $$ is tight) or he gets to can the staff and gets a low ball budget that turtle Tom used to being in his buddies on the cheap (buyout $$ ain’t cheap for all those dudes they renewed).

So either way he wound end up costing close to Elko..

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

What I’m waiting for is aggy to balk at the Elko price tag and then go to Traylor and see him demand to bring in his own guys…. So either he gets stuck with most of the old staff (because $$ is tight) or he gets to can the staff and gets a low ball budget that turtle Tom used to being in his buddies on the cheap (buyout $$ ain’t cheap for all those dudes they renewed).

If it is Traylor that will be the 1st sign of him being right or wrong for the job. If Traylor pulls a Herman and just brings all his UTSA buddies it's over from the start. That should have been the first sign for everybody that Herman wasn't ready for a big time gig. 

38 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Based on actual on actual resources, money, fans support, recruiting base, conference, facilities and NIL A&M is a elite tier job, so the the national media are not dumb asses for call long A&M a top five job. The real dumbasses are the people in charge of A&M with the resources of a top 5 program and have jack shit to show for it. Y’all sound like Texags complaining about some media conspiracy, the national media does not go digging into the politics and card room meetings where the real dysfunction that makes A&M what they are happens. National writers ask the local “beat writers” for information on what’s happening and as well all know A&M has successfully purged any local reporters not taking orders directly from A&M. 

Top 5 bruh? I can count at least 15. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

I listen to Pate because he provides a nice national summary of the local echo chambers plus gives me a summary of the Vegas odds as he compares them to his odds. When I hear him talk about Texas or A&M I know his opinions come from the echo chamber of the Texas $9.95ers or Looch. So I can assume he has the local spin guys feeding him summaries for the other programs. There are no details to be had and it is not what I expect. He is not going to sit there and listen to Coach or Rod Babers breakdown what is up with the Texas squad or the guys the do the same for other programs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Pate is all about the clicks. He sells aggys hope, and says they should do better when the roller coaster face plants. He’s Looch in a muscle shirt.

1 hour ago, ousux said:

He's just regurgitating aggy propaganda he's being fed. Nothing more, nothing less.

He regurgitates what Looch feeds him without any thought. I have zero doubt about it because he sounds like pubes when he is saying it. He graduated in 2004 from High School and has only been following A&M for a couple of years. If he remains interested in 5-10 years he will realize that what he was being told about aggy by others was all true.

Edited by DanTheHorn

56 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I would nothing more than the Jimbo contact to haunt Aggy for the next decade and pretty much drive their program deeper into the irrelevant shit hole they already rise in..fuck a&m

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ashylarry said:

I would nothing more than the Jimbo contact to haunt Aggy for the next decade and pretty much drive their program deeper into the irrelevant shit hole they already rise in..fuck a&m

Jimbo has the unique opportunity to cuck aggy 3 times. 1) Roster management 2) Buyout 3) Pissing the THSCA off so bad they make aggy hire Traylor. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

“Maybe in 2023 by itself. A one year window. A&M has been better since 2010 by most any
metric - wins, conference wins, bowl wins, etc. Nobody was tooting our horn when we were on top in a one year window, but as soon as they get one to go their way, they are great and we
are clearly behind - becomes the narrative.“

can one of you autistic degenerates check his math on this?  I’m pretty sure this is how they talk shit into existence and poof, a new tradition is born.  

It’s not that the job has some curse on it and it’s an actual “Coach Killer.” It’s the fact they hired a bunch of shitty coaches and were running 2nd/3rd/4th fiddle to so many other schools during most of their history, but mostly us obviously. They cheated themselves into relevancy, got caught, went back to being irrelevant, moved to the SEC, had one good year, and built the hopes and dreams of the program on top of that season. Then they cheated themselves into what they thought would be relevancy again but has turned them into a complete laughing stock. They have the money and “infrastructure” that should make the a premier destination for a coach worth his salt but it’s never materialized. But what good jobs have people gone to, not succeeded, and had great and lengthy careers after? We know how the story has gone for all the coaches that failed and left texas. Same for Nebraska, Alabama, Florida, etc. So it isn’t that you take the A&M job and you’re doomed to fail, it’s that they’ve hired people that were never fully qualified to begin with and failing was inevitable. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Meltdown 

Screenshot_2023-11-16-19-55-15-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-19-55-26-69_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-19-55-50-51_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-19-56-00-35_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-19-56-09-73_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-19-56-22-46_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-19-56-42-72_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-19-57-19-11_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-19-57-28-73_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-19-57-41-04_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-19-57-49-18_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-19-57-55-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-19-58-07-07_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-20-00-53-32_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-20-00-59-79_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-20-01-06-72_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-20-01-11-38_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-20-01-26-76_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-20-01-45-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-20-01-58-70_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Link to the offending video?

Edit: sorry, didn’t scroll to @Hmbre97’s post. All good. 

What a bunch of thin-skinned losers. Of course there’s speculation about transfers. If they can’t stand to hear that, they need to go back to the Texags echo chamber where no news contrary to the party line is allowed. They need their safe space. 

Edited by nnm
  • Like 1