Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

18 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

It's hilarious, and very Aggy, that none of those goobers seem to realize that wide receivers are attracted to play for a Sarkisian offense, and a top tier QB in Ewers. Like, the offense is literally designed to showcase top-shelf receiving talent. And there's a proof of concept right there in Adonai Mitchell.

Certainly the money is there. But all things equal, do good receivers want to go play for an unproven dink and dunk offense at Aggy with a litany of QBs that are always getting hurt? Or do they want to fly around the field and catch passes at Texas? It's not hard. 

yep. it's pretty damn simkins.

I am shocked that players aren’t beating down the door to play for BumFuck U, in BFE, for this mumu wearing bumblefuck. It just doesn’t make any sense!!!!
This looks like an advertisement for a proctology practice. All they are missing is the ASSMAN license plates.
The guy on the right is being held hostage, the guy in the middle is grabbing ass on both sides, and the guy on the left is letting us know he really likes it. NTTAWWT.
IMG_0167.jpeg.35372477adc5cd99546a6b1ab89e3180.jpeg
In the 88 years of the Heisman, (hey look, something older than the one and only aggy title!) there have only been 3 WR's win the award and it just so happens our coach was drawing up and calling the plays for the last one.

Yes, very mystifying why any receiver would want some of that vs dwelling in aggyland for a year
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, ousux said:

In the 88 years of the Heisman, (hey look, something older than the one and only aggy title!) there have only been 3 WR's win the award and it just so happens our coach was drawing up and calling the plays for the last one.

Yes, very mystifying why any receiver would want some of that vs dwelling in aggyland for a yearemoji848.png

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Yes, very mystifying why any receiver would want some of that vs dwelling in aggyland for a yearemoji848.png

Is it me, or does this look like the staff from a used car lot in Killeen?

1 hour ago, ousux said:

2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

"2025 WR and Alabama decommit is an Aggie." No wait, he is in play. 

Screenshot_20240115_101529_Google.thumb.jpg.34c870d09f6802441f2d1b3fd473a6f0.jpg

Using that logic, I am in play for Gigi Hadid's talents since she broke with her baby daddy.  Of course, I'm happily married, and she's slightly more likely to continue relationships with people like Bradley Cooper and Leonardo DiCaprio.  But still, she's in play.  

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Elko thinks he can will a team with ACC talent into the upper echelon of the SEC. The shocking thing is he has actually coached in the SEC before.

Elko is just doing what any reasonably competent coach can do - try and sell a "getting back to tough blue collar basics" story. Certainly can't sell cool or exceptional talent.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Elko is just doing what any reasonably competent coach can do - try and sell a "getting back to tough blue collar basics" story. Certainly can't sell cool or exceptional talent.

Of course. The issue obviously being that he works for the one fanbase that is eternally eager to swallow the bullshit and never question their dear leader. If this exact offseason happened at Texas there would be internecine warfare in the Texas fanbase. Pumpers and haters have their place alongside calm realists. A&M doesn't have haters. Hell, they even run off their calm realists. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

We're in trouble, the Elk means "serious business".

Screenshot_20240117_203321_Chrome.thumb.jpg.87878509ca4fa88a7287f115d1843381.jpg

“I was just about to go play for the valley south technical learnin school foosball team o’er der in Middleton when a big ‘ol fella wearin purple showed up with a sack on money for me to play for em. He was serious business.”

37 minutes ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

Which of you posted this?

It's pure Aggie. It goes all the way back to when they got rid of Gene Stallings. "Players were loafing. There was no discipline. The team was out of control. Now this new guy is a brass tacks, lunch pailin, tough SOB which is just what this program needs."

Every. Fucking. Time. 

It's the same pattern with their savior QBs who are now all neatly stacked under a bus hidden where the dead collies won't see them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It's pure Aggie. It goes all the way back to when they got rid of Gene Stallings. "Players were loafing. There was no discipline. The team was out of control. Now this new guy is a brass tacks, lunch pailin, tough SOB which is just what this program needs."

Every. Fucking. Time. 

It's the same pattern with their savior QBs who are now all neatly stacked under a bus hidden where the dead collies won't see them.

‘Member the practice reports (read: fanfic) of The Marine giving a wordless nod of approval to The Chief as aggy got “back to basics”?

Same shit, different year. It’s so predictable and wildly entertaining with those nonces.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Did you think we all needed this post? Some kind of splash in the face of reality like we all don’t know what in the fuck we are reading? Have a coke and a smile every now and take heart in the notion that you’re not posting on a board of children and most of us are on the same page and don’t need the handholding. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Mike Elko really is on track to be their Charlie Strong + Tom Herman all in one.

makes a number of coaching staff hires that make the existing problems worse (Strong: Wickline, Shawn Watson, Les Koenning + Herman: Mehringer, Warehime, Meekins), not hiring guys who are good coaches/developers of talent, not addressing weaknesses all along the OL - which is then magnified when you play good teams (2014 Texas went 2-7 against FEI Top 60 teams.)

Mike Elko after A&M goes 5-7 next year:

Steve Urkel Oops GIF

• Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

In response to the Nolen post.  They are clueless.

Tejas Ag 10
12:18p, 1/17/24
He had another year left on his NIL deal. Which meant we still owed his marketing rights to his NIL for 2024. Thats probably what he was referencing. It wasnt the easiest for him to find a school or pay for those rights plus pay him on top of that.

evestor13:06p, 1/17/24
heard he had his car towed away on day 1 of transfer portal.

that said - NIL is only good for the contract. if the contract says you have to stay...then you have to stay.
Seems to me that pinpointing a school like he did is not smart from a legal standpoint. he would be better to point fingers at generalities and not entities that could come after you.

Bill Superman5:28p, 1/17/24
This clown thought he could collect big upfront then transfer and collect big again, not realizing he signed a contract with a clawback where he has to return a big chunk of his pay.

GDP
6:51p, 1/17/24
Walter's NIL deal was not the typical one where little is required of the player.
My understanding is that his deal was for the entirety of his college career and some time/personal services requirements were in the contract.
When he entered the portal and started flirting with Oregon and Ole Miss, he was reminded about that part of his contract and that he could be required to make appearances in BCS during the season.
Easy when you play for A&M, not so easy from Oregon or Mississippi.
I don't know if Oxford big cigars bought out his NIL deal from here but that would be the logical assumption.
A bit of a Mexican standoff for awhile I bet.

I hope we pulled the remainder of his NIL funds due to not finishing his contract and sent a message that its pay-for-play at A&M and we are done with the guaranteed contracts with no return on investment
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

I'd love to see Nolan take the money and run. Would aggy or its collective really sue? If so, the optics would be terrible for a&m. Talk about negative recruiting -- "they'll sue if you try to leave." Plus we might get the NIL contract in the public record.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

I'd love to see Nolan take the money and run. Would aggy or its collective really sue? If so, the optics would be terrible for a&m. Talk about negative recruiting -- "they'll sue if you try to leave." Plus we might get the NIL contract in the public record.

Discovery would be exciting

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Tejas Ag 10
He had another year left on his NIL deal. Which meant we still owed his marketing rights to his NIL for 2024. Thats probably what he was referencing. It wasnt the easiest for him to find a school or pay for those rights plus pay him on top of that.

that said - NIL is only good for the contract. if the contract says you have to stay...then you have to stay.
Seems to me that pinpointing a school like he did is not smart from a legal standpoint. he would be better to point fingers at generalities and not entities that could come after you.

This clown thought he could collect big upfront then transfer and collect big again, not realizing he signed a contract with a clawback where he has to return a big chunk of his pay.

GDP
Walter's NIL deal was not the typical one where little is required of the player.
My understanding is that his deal was for the entirety of his college career and some time/personal services requirements were in the contract.
When he entered the portal and started flirting with Oregon and Ole Miss, he was reminded about that part of his contract and that he could be required to make appearances in BCS during the season.
I don't know if Oxford big cigars bought out his NIL deal from here but that would be the logical assumption.

I hope we pulled the remainder of his NIL funds due to not finishing his contract and sent a message that its pay-for-play at A&M and we are done with the guaranteed contracts with no return on investment

what the fuck is this page formatting?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Discovery would be exciting

There would probably be a fight about whether the court should seal the contract, but that would be an uphill battle in Texas state court, especially with statewide media organizations wanting to see the contract.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Tejas Ag 10

GDP

I don't know a lot about NIL, but I have spent too much time observing Aggies. This reads like somebody laid down a speculation about what may have happened. Somebody repeated it with an opinion. From there it becomes a fact bent into a narrative where the Aggies are the tough guys who you best not fuck around with.

If Nolen's deal is unique as described, that does shine a light on just how idiotic Aggies are. 

Here's a bag. We wrote NIL on it with a Sharpie, so it's totally cool. Sign the bag, and we'll have a contract for as long as you're lucky enough to be in College Station playing as a Fightin' Texas Aggie from Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Lol. Of course they're justifying all kinds of shit in retrospect in regards to Nolan and NIL.

Newsflash, they attempted to be skeezy shitbirds in their contracts with players for NIL. And naturally they assume everyone else is that way. Newsflash, they aren't. Our contracts are simple and straightforward, and they aren't fucking multi-year, or lump sum. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

58 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Tejas Ag 10

GDP

Text-Layers-Text-Align.gif?resize=1000,5

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Holy shit if they're thinking about suing him to try to "clawback" anything that was paid or try to enforce appearances over his entire college career.  Another fuck around and find out moment for them if true.

I suspect it's all typical aggy hot air and bluster, that they're really not that dumb but they've proven me wrong in that regard before.

To continue Bill Superman's exuberance:

image.png.0e647a0bb2713269c011f9243b15ee54.png

I can talk myself into believing something other than my eyes. That's the woman for me! That car's in great shape despite the mileage. I'm pretty sure everybody in this room thinks that I'm the greatest. I speak from experience: perhaps common experience.

I have tried to learn from poor judgment based purely in hope. The Aggies cultivate that as a way of thinking all the time. Remarkable.

An Aggie seeing anything Aggie:

spacer.png

• Haha 5