Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

18 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I'd still tell them all to get fucked and find something else to do tomorrow. 

Proud of my nephew as he's actually enlisted and isn't fake army like most of his peers... (and his brothers are Horn grads).  And I'll be home in time for the Horns and Astro's games as well as the kids needing hours driving to get their licenses.  Plus is aggy BIL having a tailgate so I get to drink/eat on his dime and not worrying about driving home...

Edited by Grimas
  • Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Guitar player in the Heartbreakers. Co-author of The Boys of Summer, Here Comes My Girl, Runnin' Down a Dream, and Refugee. Former touring member of Fleetwood Mac. Shredder extraordinaire. 

Mike Campbell's Dirty Knobs Announce Debut Album and Tour

Currently is the founder & frontman of Mike Campbell & The Dirty Knobs.

image.thumb.jpeg.d7044035d2ba2c8ef49101d7f5d831c2.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grimas said:

Proud of my nephew as he's actually enlisted and isn't fake army like most of his peers... (and his brothers are Horn grads).  And I'll be home in time for the Horns and Astro's games as well as the kids needing hours driving to get their licenses.  Plus is aggy BIL having a tailgate so I get to drink/eat on his dime and not worrying about driving home...

Well, if you're going to be forced to subject yourself to that much aggyness, free booze/food is a small reward but better than nothing, I suppose.  Take time to occasionally remind them of the corner they painted themselves into with Jimbo.  And when I say "occasionally," I mean every 7 seconds or so. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Is the nephew like a son to you or something? I would be a happy and hard fucking no on something like that unless, God forbid, it was my own child or grandchild.

Not to bag on the other poster, but I am trying to figure out what makes dudes walking in a line into the stadium and to their seats significant enough to watch. 100,000 people do it at every home game in Austin. He isn’t performing or anything. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

every 7 seconds or so. 

Jimbo earns around $2 from aggy every 7 seconds for the next how many years?

aince he earns over a quarter a second, maybe they should start paying him with change. Then offer him a negotiated settlement by wire transfer. 

10 minutes ago, Deej said:

Constantly play the Tucker kick on your phone.

Especially if you can cast it to devices that are playing during the party. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Well, if you're going to be forced to subject yourself to that much aggyness, free booze/food is a small reward but better than nothing, I suppose.  Take time to occasionally remind them of the corner they painted themselves into with Jimbo.  And when I say "occasionally," I mean every 7 seconds or so. 

Make sure and wear the “Don’t care, got Jimbo!” t-shirt. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Make sure you explore the splendid grandeur of the aggy campus.  Lots of sights to see like:  building that is gray, more boxy looking building that is gray, sensitive grass that cannot be trod upon, dead dog graveyard, gigantic cock ring sculpture, racist statue #1, racist statue #2, giant field of mud featuring unimpressive obelisk/clock tower, and many many others.  Stop by the Dixie Chicken for shitty wings and a trip to BCS’s oldest and busiest gloryhole then ride out on Hwy 6 on a cloud of aggy spirit  

Don’t forget that 9th wonder of the world the water tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Stinkpalm said:

Don’t stray too far though. I hear it’s common for visitors to completely lose sight of the stadium and wander around lost until an aggy kindly walks them the 500 feet back to Kroger Field

Following the smell of batshit and sound of mass lunacy always got me to the stadium. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Following the smell of batshit and sound of mass lunacy always got me to the stadium. 

If you reach the mass of corpses underneath the pile of logs, you’ve gone too far. 

Edited by hookemATL
Don’t be alarmed though, it’s turdition!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Grimas said:

I get they joy of attending the aggy game tomorrow... (Nephew in the corps and it's the one chance to see him "march in" before he graduates...) Told wife I was gonna wear burnt orange but was told by my aggy BIL it might not be wise...

Is this kid actually:  A) accepting a military commission, or B) is he just a cosplay jerkoff?

if A, you should go.  If B, tell everybody to fuck right off.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Keep reading- he’s going to serve. 

You wrote "he's enlisted".   No disrespect, but are you sure?  "Enlisted" means something other than "commissioning".  

He didn't need to march around Kyle Field like a Kansas City Faggot to "enlist".  

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

You wrote "he's enlisted".   No disrespect, but are you sure?  "Enlisted" means something other than "commissioning".  

He didn't need to march around Kyle Field like a Kansas City Faggot to "enlist".  

Not me, was just trying to help out. 

but I’d hope that a kid and his family would know that he could receive a commission from his time in the aggy corps, and not need to enlist. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not me, was just trying to help out. 

but I’d hope that a kid and his family would know that he could receive a commission from his time in the aggy corps, and not need to enlist. 

Whatever the term - enlisted/commissioned - he's been "signed up" to the Army for the past 2 years and reports for his 6 year commitment this summer.  He's a commander/leader(?) of one of the troops/corps(?) and is leading the "march" for this game hence the cult requirement we need to go see him... (I have no clue on this shit other than the kid is a good kid and I'm happy he has found something he wants to do...)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Scipio tells the story (I forget to whom he attributed it) that after firing Akers in 1986, Texas was in serious talks with John Cooper at Arizona State. They got down to time to make the offer, Cooper was very interested, and they slid the amount written on a piece of paper across the table to him. Cooper looks at the piece of paper and says “this is what my offensive coordinator makes.”  

And that’s how they ended up with David McWilliams.  

Ehh.....McWilliams was hand picked by Royal.  He was supposed to heal the fractured fan base and was a tieback to our glory years....and he beat us his 1 year in Lubbock. 

54 minutes ago, Grimas said:

Whatever the term - enlisted/commissioned - he's been "signed up" to the Army for the past 2 years and reports for his 6 year commitment this summer.  He's a commander/leader(?) of one of the troops/corps(?) and is leading the "march" for this game hence the cult requirement we need to go see him... (I have no clue on this shit other than the kid is a good kid and I'm happy he has found something he wants to do...)

Good grief, the man has had a forced maroon kool-aid enema.

19 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

There is no remote comparison between the two. Both were tragic, needless losses of life. Only one happened because there was no adult supervision at an “institute of higher learning.”

This. And even then, I might feel bad - that is, if I didn't see some variation of "Whitman should've gotten more of them!" on the rare occasions I'm bored/self-loathing enough to venture over to texaggy. 

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

There is no remote comparison between the two. Both were tragic, needless losses of life. Only one happened because there was no adult supervision at an “institute of higher learning.”

Responsibility isn't the point.  Making light of people dying to make fun of people is.  There are plenty of thing to tease aggies about without stooping to this level of crap.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, campcrunk said:

This. And even then, I might feel bad - that is, if I didn't see some variation of "Whitman should've gotten more of them!" on the rare occasions I'm bored/self-loathing enough to venture over to texaggy. 

So we're in kindergarten here.  They say mean things so we say mean things.

Good grief, we're not responsible for whatever classless drivel they day, but mocking the deaths of kids I'd beyond the pale.  I know surly....whatever.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

9 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

Kids dying in a tragic accident....funny stuff.

Have any Whitman sniper jokes you want to share as well?

When the accident was caused by pure negligence fueled by a cult atmosphere.....yeah, it wasn't really an accident, just inevitable really.

Also....that was a long ass time ago. If we can make 9/11 jokes and be able to laugh, we can damn sure rip on Aggie and their bonfire.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread