Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I was at all 48 Bridgeland games that group played in, no other head injuries.  But impressive mental gymnastics 

I have strong reservations regarding how impressive the Bridgewater Mental Gymnastics team is. 
🤓

👇 Are you trying to say that the kid is a walk-on?

36 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Seems like the kid comes from a good family. Hoping for the best for him, and the worst for Aggy. Thanks for sharing.?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I was at all 48 Bridgeland games that group played in, no other head injuries.  But impressive mental gymnastics 

Weirdly defensive.

Also, speaking of mental gymnastics, it takes quite a bit of them to think that concussions only happen during school football games.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Please plot where you sat at every one of those games so that we can ascertain whether your vantage point was sufficient to diagnose a concussion. Also, clarify whether or not you had a booster seat or sat directly on the bleachers. That 2” could be critical for line of sight. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Well someone’s a little defensive for no reason whatsoever 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Weirdly defensive.

Also, speaking of mental gymnastics, it takes quite a bit of them to think that concussions only happen during school football games.

Wow I guess I should have known this would happen. Anything your kids do come with a risk. If you think it's too high, don't let them do it. From riding a bike, to jumping on a trampoline, to baseball, to football at whatever level. Let them play, don't let them play...

Tommy Lee Jones I Dont Care GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Wow I guess I should have known this would happen. Anything your kids do come with a risk. If you think it's too high, don't let them do it. From riding a bike, to jumping on a trampoline, to baseball, to football at whatever level. Let them play, don't let them play...

Tommy Lee Jones I Dont Care GIF

Thanks for the follow-up. It’s personal to you, it’s not to anyone else here and that can impact things. 

My understanding is that the “parents don’t feel like they were dealt with honestly” stuff is coming from people hearing things on the ATM side. If you don’t think the mom or dad would tell Jimbo that they think he misled them, if they believed that, fair enough. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Anything your kids do come with a risk. From riding a bike, to jumping on a trampoline, to baseball, to football at whatever level.    If you think (risk's) too high, don't let them do it.  Let them play, don't let them play...

Fuckin' Scooters

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Segways

giphy.gif

Skateboard

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Dancin'

giphy.gif

Aggy yell

Yc=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I'll defer to all the above posts by qb mechanics experts, but I guess he had a lot of people snowed to get a 5 star rating, be in the Elite 11, and dozens of offers. 

Never said he wasn't a good HS QB prospect.  Just said that (based on seeing only one game's worth of throws) he seems to have a pretty fair amount of baseball in his football throwing motion, and it seems like he "winds up" quite a bit on deeper/longer throws.  I also said there were aspects of his game last Saturday that were impressive, esp. his decisiveness.  Again, it's only off of seeing one game -- not a large sample size at all.       

26 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Again, it's only off of seeing one game -- not a large sample size at all.       

The fuck?  He’s winning at least one heisman, and will progress with each and every game.  Have a “freshman” game?  Pfft.  That’s for losers in Asstin.  He’s taking them to the promised land.

/txaggy/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Vertigo said:

That was the rumor. When you have a number of concussions early, new ones are easier to come by. It sounds like that is what is happening here if the stories are true. The kid should just go play baseball if he is interested in his longterm future. 

shhhhhhhhhh...the quiet part is that while he is good at baseball he isn't *that* good at Baseball and hasn't played in almost 2? years at this point

Edited by NoName

15 hours ago, C-Man said:

Thanks for the clarification on this. All things considered, I actually thought Weigman looked pretty good, certainly better than Haynes King or even Max Johnson looked.

and it only took a sitting national championship coach slash qb whisperer the spring semester, offseason practices, fall practices, multiple injuries to both QBs he thought were better and 7 games worth of snaps to come to the fact that Connor Weigman was the better QB.

meanwhile, anyone who has seen a football thrown can see the ceiling difference between the three guys.

as a reminder here are the total passing yards for every game A&M has played this year. spot the difference:

• SHSU - 387
  • App State - 97
  • Miami - 140
  • Arkansas - 151
  • Miss St - 252
  • Alabama - 253
  • South Carolina - 269
  • Ole Miss - 338

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

and it only took a sitting national championship coach slash qb whisperer the spring semester, offseason practices, fall practices, multiple injuries to both QBs he thought were better and 7 games worth of snaps to come to the fact that Connor Weigman was the better QB.

meanwhile, anyone who has seen a football thrown can see the ceiling difference between the three guys.

as a reminder here are the total passing yards for every game A&M has played this year. spot the difference:

• SHSU - 387
  • App State - 97
  • Miami - 140
  • Arkansas - 151
  • Miss St - 252
  • Alabama - 253
  • South Carolina - 269
  • Ole Miss - 338

I see consistent improvement from game to game. Against LSU I predict 815 passing yards. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, NoName said:

• SHSU - 387
  • App State - 97
  • Miami - 140
  • Arkansas - 151
  • Miss St - 252
  • Alabama - 253
  • South Carolina - 269
  • Ole Miss - 338

Yes, that is a huge indictment of Jimbo IMO.

Can we set up an NIL for @texifornia and @Longhornfrenzy and @BornAndRaised the other guy that pitched in? (Sorry I'm too lazy to go back and find your name.)

I made a few weak efforts as have others. We need the pros back.

I'd also be grateful if someone instructed me on how to get their attention by turning their names into links or whatever. (Okay, Boomer. Yup.)

Edited by RomaVicta
Received the required lesson. Thanks!
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Can we set up an NIL for Texafornia and Longhorn Frenzy and the other guy that pitched in? (Sorry I'm too lazy to go back and find your name.)

I'd also be grateful if someone instructed me on how to get their attention by turning their names into links or whatever. (Okay, Boomer. Yup.)

You type @ and then the username

Ex:

@texifornia @Longhornfrenzy

• Hook 'Em 4

51 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Can we set up an NIL for Texafornia and Longhorn Frenzy and the other guy that pitched in? (Sorry I'm too lazy to go back and find your name.)

I'll update the thread today. Just woke up give me a bit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Might have been.  When I got to 11, I kind of got scared and quit counting, I think.  It's hard to remember. 

but we never do anything i want to do.

sure we do, last week you wanted to go roll down that big hill, and you went too fast and got a concussion, remember?

no!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

If we fire you now, you will go down in history as the biggest bust in history of college football. Your legacy will be a running joke, a punch line reference for failed coaches used by every sports write. You will face embarrassment everywhere you go for the rest of your life. A&M will be ridiculed as well, but no worse than it is now and A&M will get over it. You know we have the money to survive your payout.

so...they think that the laughingstock, running joke and punch line will be the guy who was fired 1 year into a 10 year extention, with $86m left on his contract over the people that gave him the contract then fired him?

real talk, to get rid of him + staff + bring in a new coach + staff they are well over $100m. it cost Texas ~$40m to fire Tom + buyouts for staff + Sark + new staff.

Jimbo ain't going anywhere. if they think it is a good look to fire a guy 14 months into a 10 year contract...they are wrong.

12 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

The formatting won't work, but this is an "open letter to Jimbo" that was copied from Texags/247 to Twitlonger by LHF. I think you need to be following LHF to see his Twitlonger so I'm copy pasting the whole thing. Credit as always to @Longhornfrenzy

"Just here me out.

as I have posted previously, i believe his biggest motivation at this point in life is his legacy. He has money, a national championship, etc. Overriding his stubborness to change appears to be the biggest challenge we are facing, if he stays as head coach.

Why are we in this position? His contract, an $83 million buy out as of now. Everyone thinks he is untouchable due to this, especially Fisher.

In coaching payroll, there is added math. How much is still being paid in previous Coach salary. Compaired to some schools, for example in Austin, who are still paying several previous coaches salaries still, I think if we look at A&M, I think we may be down to only paying Jimbo’s salary. Austin may be paying significantly more in the head coach ledger line than A&M. Jimbo’s salary and payout are a function on time and paying fired coaches is part of the equation and just the cost of doing business.

My point, is a possible position with Jimbo:

We gave you free reign to get us to National Championship contenders, after 5 years of your way, you $hit the bed and have us at the bottom of most every stat and embarrassed the University. You have been given a huge salary, the top venue, top facilities, and top NIL support of the largest university in this country.

Here is your choice Jimbo, make the following changes (Get an OC, fire several coaches, modernize/simplify his offense, quit having his son lead the team out (trivial but BS), etc.) or we will fire you now.

If we fire you now, you will go down in history as the biggest bust in history of college football. Your legacy will be a running joke, a punch line reference for failed coaches used by every sports write. You will face embarrassment everywhere you go for the rest of your life. A&M will be ridiculed as well, but no worse than it is now and A&M will get over it. You know we have the money to survive your payout.

So Jimbo, what will it be, our way and we move forward, or do we post an opening for a new HC? (A second chance and hopefully redemption or eternal personal humiliation?)"

spacer.png

Sexton has zero fucks to give about Jimbo and OCs.  His client is getting paid regardless.  I don't know who he was there to see, or why, but hiring an offensive coordinator wasn't it.  That's Looch Logic.  Occam's Razor would indicate two major clients in the same place seems to point to sundry check in with both.

Edited by cafe society

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread