Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

4 hours ago, utexas8 said:

This fucking guy…he definitely likes to tell everyone about the exercises he did today at CrossFit and what his favorite bourbons are, spends an inordinate amount of time opining on “alphas” and “betas”, and generally takes himself waaaaaay too seriously. “Our enemies?” Jesus man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21559D00-CC65-47CA-B7FA-3EAD64B9A653.thumb.jpeg.cd6b7452776288a2473da1e06db1cb99.jpeg

Least self-aware people on the planet. First off, jimbo is 0-4 vs leach + kiffin over the past two seasons, so there is absolutely no blame necessary (we’ll set aside jimbo’s massive overcorrection from crowing about nil on nsd1 to totally denying knowledge of any financial agreements whatsoever and casting aspersions on other coaches when people started asking questions).

That second statement is akin to jimbo saying “yeah, my wife cheated on me with some hot shot wide receiver in our own bed, so what? She also brought home a hobo a few weeks back and fucked him too. It ain’t like it’s difficult..”

The Big Lebowski Movie GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

and then six other idiots cheering him on saying “yep, your wife is a total whore. That receiver is a loser.”

Aggie wisdom—the best way to score points is to dunk on yourself.

• Haha 6

aggie: "Why are all these pussies making us cancel our game opening hype song just because the singer said all the jews should be killed?"

also aggie: "Why is that goddamn Ole Miss coach saying things to our players? He should be canceled by the ESS EEEE SEEEE. Write letters!"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Guarantee this guy sells insurance.  Don’t even have to look.  Cypress, Tomball or Katy?

Sells insurance. Probably lives just NW of 290 in Houston.  Thinks yeti is still cool and is always concerned  A&m will be talked about in a negative light.  This insecure type guy lives all around NW Houston.  I  see and interact with them often.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sealtm6 said:

Sells insurance. Probably lives just NW of 290 in Houston.  Thinks yeti is still cool and is always concerned  A&m will be talked about in a negative light.  This insecure type guy lives all around NW Houston.  I  see and interact with them often.  

I know that type.  Nothing wrong with selling insurance.  I’m sure it’s an honest trade.  Don’t see why you need a degree to do it.  

The one that made me LOL, in describing Kiffen throwing shade at Jimbo and the aggy players faking injuries:  “He’s bitter and thinks he deserves a job at a school like ours.”

Hahahahahaha. A mediocre cow college with delusions of grandeur, that occasionally cheats to a #1 class, occasionally beats big brother, and is a perpetual also-ran?  He already has that job, numbnuts. 

• Hook 'Em 3

That poor guy that took a look at everything and thought: “2023 is a 10 win with NY6 and 2024 is CFP.”

All they need to do is find an OC, install the new system, rebuild oline, get CW up to speed as a true sophomore, and find a way to replace the production of Achane/Smith/Stewart(?). 

5 minutes ago, nnm said:

The one that made me LOL, in describing Kiffen throwing shade at Jimbo and the aggy players faking injuries:  “He’s bitter and thinks he deserves a job at a school like ours.”

Hahahahahaha. A mediocre cow college with delusions of grandeur, that occasionally cheats to a #1 class, occasionally beats big brother, and is a perpetual also-ran?  He already has that job, numbnuts. 

I mean you’re mostly correct. But technically in Mississippi, his job is big brother. And it’s way less of a cow college than State. So basically he already has a better job. aTm’s best attribute is that it’s in the state of Texas. That’s it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean you’re mostly correct. But technically in Mississippi, his job is big brother. And it’s way less of a cow college than State. So basically he already has a better job. aTm’s best attribute is that it’s in the state of Texas. That’s it. 

You’re right. My analogy was imperfect. MissSU is the cow college. But ‘Bama is big brother, and Ole Miss occasionally cheats their way to a win. 
I haven’t looked, but my guess is that Ole Miss has a more illustrious history than aggy. You’d never know it thought. 

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

CB12721D-90E5-44E6-BAF1-A4EA2DC192B4.thumb.jpeg.9e6ae3a7d8ee3dbdd699ed3c9c04a511.jpeg

Feels like the Sherrill years to me, too. 

317B1035-D1AB-4796-998E-BA9E25654B5B.thumb.jpeg.ad1a34ccae54ce4b421bf5d856b470ba.jpeg

That nonsense about not appreciating how young the roster is another thing that makes me laugh. It’s year 5 of Jimbo, idiots. The QB whisperer. What a bunch of broken-brained riots. 

24 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Screenshot_20221030-203437.thumb.png.c86e6d2bf599cf5f175521809c151f40.png

Now that we have confirmation that Weigman is a can't miss, first-ballot hall of famer, we're for sure going to be in the CFP next year! All we need is a brand new OC, DC, OL coach, and for our best player to forego the NFL. 

They keep saying they need Achane back as if that is even an option at this point. Achane might be the second running back taken in the draft behind Bijan, and I am sure there are some draft "experts" who might move him above Bijan because his top end speed tests better to generate conversation. Weigman getting all the snaps will make the offense special eh? Let's see how that goes without Achane back there, every time he even got a whiff of pressure on Saturday he chunked the ball badly off target or straight out of bounds. There is zero chance that Durkin is fired this offseason. I could see Jimbo overhauling his entire offensive staff, but that is about it. My hope is that he pulls a Shawn Watson and just basically runs the same offense out of the shotgun and calls it "opened up". 

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

They keep saying they need Achane back as if that is even an option at this point. Achane might be the second running back taken in the draft behind Bijan, and I am sure there are some draft "experts" who might move him above Bijan because his top end speed tests better to generate conversation. Weigman getting all the snaps will make the offense special eh? Let's see how that goes without Achane back there, every time he even got a whiff of pressure on Saturday he chunked the ball badly off target or straight out of bounds. There is zero chance that Durkin is fired this offseason. I could see Jimbo overhauling his entire offensive staff, but that is about it. My hope is that he pulls a Shawn Watson and just basically runs the same offense out of the shotgun and calls it "opened up". 

When a new, off-script QB comes in they often look better because of the lack of familiarity from DC's.  Then they study, learn, and scheme to stop them.  CW is headed for the mother of all sophomore slumps.  No ground game.  A shit OL.  Chained to Jimbo's dog shit offense.  Rinse.  Wash.  Repeat.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

When a new, off-script QB comes in they often look better because of the lack of familiarity from DC's.  Then they study, learn, and scheme to stop them.  CW is headed for the mother of all sophomore slumps.  No ground game.  A shit OL.  Chained to Jimbo's dog shit offense.  Rinse.  Wash.  Repeat.  

Yeah, I was gonna say . . . Weigman looked good in part because his release is pretty quick and he made quick decisions.  He didn't jack around and hesitate like many frosh QBs starting their first games.  So in those respects, he looked good.  He was also quite accurate on the majority of his short and intermediate reads.  

But he was helped by the fact that Ole Miss had no college film on him.  Things will get tougher once opposing DCs start developing a book on him.  He was also aided by the fact that he was playing at home in front of a supportive crowd.    

Other thoughts after seeing what I think were pretty much all of his throws:

-- Although his release is quick on the shorter stuff, it looked like he really had to wind up in order to spin it deep or when he wanted to put some extra velocity on deep outs and similar routes.  His arm strength doesn't appear to be top level -- certainly not up to the level of Ewers, for example.  Weigman can't just flick his wrist and put the ball 20-30 yards downfield like some QBs.  He has to wind up a bit, which will give opposing DBs opportunities to break on the ball.  

-- He got away with a handful (4 or 5) questionable decisions/throws.  In other games, some of those are going to be incompletions or even picks.  Stewart, for example, bailed him out more than once.  For the most part, though, I thought Weigman's decisionmaking was good, esp. for a true frosh playing his first game.  He seems a whole lot less jittery than King when he's in the pocket. 

--  As would be expected, accuracy degraded significantly on the handful of occasions when he was under pressure.

--  Ability to withstand hits and take punishment is still an open question.  But he doesn't strike me as being a twig waiting to be snapped like King. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Yeah, I was gonna say . . . Weigman looked good in part because his release is pretty quick and he made quick decisions.  He didn't jack around and hesitate like many frosh QBs starting their first games.  So in those respects, he looked good.  He was also quite accurate on the majority of his short and intermediate reads.  

But he was helped by the fact that Ole Miss had no college film on him.  Things will get tougher once opposing DCs start developing a book on him.  He was also aided by the fact that he was playing at home in front of a supportive crowd.    

-- Although his release is quick on the shorter stuff, it looked like he really had to wind up in order to spin it deep or when he wanted to put some extra velocity on deep outs and similar routes.  His arm strength doesn't appear to be top level -- certainly not up to the level of Ewers, for example.  Weigman can't just flick his wrist and put the ball 20-30 yards downfield like some QBs.  He has to wind up a bit, which will give opposing DBs opportunities to break on the ball.  

-- He got away with a handful (4 or 5) questionable decisions/throws.  In other games, some of those are going to be incompletions or even picks.  Stewart, for example, bailed him out more than once.  For the most part, though, I thought Weigman's decisionmaking was good, esp. for a true frosh playing his first game.  He seems a whole lot less jittery than King when he's in the pocket. 

--  As would be expected, accuracy degraded significantly on the handful of occasions when he was under pressure.

--  Ability to withstand hits and take punishment is still an open question.  But he doesn't strike me as being a twig waiting to be snapped like King. 

He looked faster because he was acting, not reacting.  I think Jimbo's offense so loads down the QB's with mental baggage it slows them down significantly by having to think too much.  Jimbo's going to ruin him like he did with everyone else.  Add in a craptastic OL and mediocre running game, the kid's in trouble.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Well said. I haven't gone back and "watched the tape", but I believe Ole Miss didn't get a lot of pressure on him in the first half. He looked better in 1st and 2nd Q. 3rd and 4th...not so much. What happens when he  faces much better defenses?

2 hours ago, AP101S said:

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

So the possibility that Jimbo will "go down in history as the biggest bust in [the] history of college football" is greater leverage than a contractually guaranteed $87M+ buyout.  Hokay.

What we have "hear" is a special kind of stupid.

"You and A&M will be scorned, but the Aggies are accustomed to that. Are you, Jimbo? Your national championship will be devalued while we don't even have one that anyone alive remembers, have you thought of that, Jimbo? And we won't like you anymore. At. All. So do as we say or you will be exposed to the same kind of shame and ridicule as we have been for more than a century!"

"No band greeting when I get off the jet, either? Holy shit! What will I do?"

"That's right, Jimbo."

"I'll expect the usual deposit in my account. Now get the fuck out of my office."

"Okay."

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

I'm punching out. Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! This is Connor Weigman, someone get a fix on me. 

spacer.png

Roger, Weigman. We've found you a nice landing spot with an offensive line and competent offense. Stand by for coordinates.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

I'm just absolutely flabbergasted that anyone thinks Jimbo will hire an OC and relinquish control of the offense to that person. Being an OC and QB coach is his entire identity. He's simply NEVER going to do that. It would be an admission that he's no longer qualified to do his job. And he's too stubborn to do that. It's a fantasy. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread