Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

8 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Pre-season All SEC team.........yeah

2nd Team RB - Trayveon Williams 

3rd Team C - Erik McCoy

3rd Team DL - Kingsley’s Keke 

3rd Team DL - Landis Durham 

1) McCoy and Keke might be undervalued. McCoy is actually a decent lineman if he could snap the ball. He would be an elite guard but for some reason they still have him at center. 

2) Durham is overvalued. People love his sack numbers from last year but that's because Chavis is extremely aggressive. About 90% of the time Durham didn't even have to stay contained and was allowed to pressure the QB. Any D1 DE is going to put up sack numbers with the way Chavis allowed Durham to play. Durham is undersized and if he's asked to actually defend the run he sucks. 

3) I think Trayveon Williams is good but I doubt he's 2nd team caliber in the SEC. 

7 hours ago, Fud said:

There have been recent years where that guy wouldn't have been top two on Bama, Georgia, or LSU. I maintain if he's the second best RB in the conference, it's a weak year 

He would definitely be the 4th best RB on Alabama's team behind Damien Harris, Josh Jacobs, and Najee Harris. 

He would be the 2nd or 3rd RB on Georgia's depth chart for sure behind Swift. Maybe Elijah Holyfield. 

The only reason some of these guys don't have huge numbers yet is because they've been in stacked RB rooms. 

15 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

Bama, Georgia, OSU, OU, FSU, USC, LSU, Clemson can all jump them. They have more recruits than anyone but OleMiss, their ranking is inflated as shit by their numbers and they are bragging about it.

This, I was initially thinking they would land in the 8-11 range, which seems about right even with so many players. If they do this at the same level again next year I doubt they hit the top 15.

15 hours ago, Chopper said:

Thanks for the opportunity to remember Trayveon's best carry by far all season. That kid really knows how to grab hold of the scepter.

scepter.0.gif

Wow. Aggies celebrating something before achieving it then finding a way to fail. What a shock.

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Wow. Aggies celebrating something before achieving it then finding a way to fail. What a shock.

In their minds, jimbo and aggy have already won 1 nc, and having since put a fence around Texas are working diligently on the second.

So they brag about being #2 in the country based off of those recruiting rankings but then bash those same recruiting rankings because their average recruit ranking is low?  Apparently in Aggieland, calorie free cakes DO exist. 

Translation: "These rankings are only legit when they support my delusional beliefs, but when the same rankings don't, it's the stupid sip BOMC trying to keep the greatest football juggernaut of all time down because they're scared of Jimbo!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

So they brag about being #2 in the country based off of those recruiting rankings but then bash those same recruiting rankings because their average recruit ranking is low?  Apparently in Aggieland, calorie free cakes DO exist. 

Translation: "These rankings are only legit when they support my delusional beliefs, but when the same rankings don't, it's the stupid sip BOMC trying to keep the greatest football juggernaut of all time down because they're scared of Jimbo!"

No, they believe that other teams’ recruits are skewed upwards, but all their recruits are skewed downwards. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

No, they believe that other teams’ recruits are skewed upwards, but all their recruits are skewed downwards. 

Makes total sense...I mean all of that 3 star bread that Jimbo has scoured the country to find.  The recruiting analysts and BOMC are so scared of the A&M juggernaut, that they're significantly underrating these guys as 3 stars months or even years before they know Jimbo is interested because of the fear that A&M will win national championships every year once Jimbo finds these hand picked studs.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Williams looks like a very dangerous running back to me. Behind a decent line, I think he could put up elite numbers.

But what do I know?

Have you seen what "The Marine" is going to be rolling out there this season? In all of NCAA history, Barry Sanders is the only RB I can think of who wouldn't be crippled by the steaming poo pile aggy is playing as an offensive line.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Randy doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb

You see, the team ranking shows real recruiting by a national championship coach, one of only four active today. That Jimbo has the high ranking is proof of the validity* of the ranking. Player averages for non-SEC ready players are meaningless without Jimbo validation. If the average were** important, Jimbo would have the best. Stupid durn t-sip.

*Typed with full knowledge that this word is a reach for an Aggie graduate.

**Typed with full knowledge that Aggie understanding of language does not include the subjunctive voice.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You see, the team ranking shows real recruiting by a national championship coach, one of only four active today. That Jimbo has the high ranking is proof of the validity* of the ranking. Player averages for non-SEC ready players are meaningless without Jimbo validation. If the average were** important, Jimbo would have the best. Stupid durn t-sip.

*Typed with full knowledge that this word is a reach for an Aggie graduate.

**Typed with full knowledge that Aggie understanding of language does not include the subjunctive voice.

It's never that complicated...It's just Advantage aggy...Always and forever.

5 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It's weird but I kind of root for Aggy to land a great class...it makes it even more funny when they faceplant...and they faceplant....EVERY...FUCKING...TIME.

How’s north ave?  If you could mail me 20ish pounds of portillos, I’d name my next child after you.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom

38 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

How’s north ave?  If you could mail me 20ish pounds of portillos, I’d name my next child after you.

My man.  Haha, I am sitting here eating at the patio at Uncle Julio's on North.  Kind of hazy out but by Chicago standards this weather is just fine.  If you're willing to name your child asshole I'll be happy to shoot you over a palet loaded with portillo's. 

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

My man.  Haha, I am sitting here eating at the patio at Uncle Julio's on North.  Kind of hazy out but by Chicago standards this weather is just fine.  If you're willing to name your child asshole I'll be happy to shoot you over a palet loaded with portillo's. 

My condolences 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I can meet you halfway and name the next one some permutation of asshole.  What about about elossha for 4 sandwhiches?  

I plugged in a "realistic" best case scenario for them finishing with Carter, Harris, Stripling, Wydermyer, Ugwoegbu, and Doerue to be at 28 commits and the calculator puts them at 286.71.  For the record, Bama with 21 commits is already at 286.11.  Jimbo "killing it" on the recruiting trail with his recruiting rainmakers will probably only finish with the 3rd or 4th best class in the conference as their peak before the wheels come off in subsequent years.

I don't think they're taking 2 RBs in this class, so I think Doerue is off the table for them. They really want Wright, and I assume they'll reserve a spot for him if he chooses to go down that path. To be honest, I think they're going to fuck up and not take two more linebackers (they'll only get one of Harris, Gbenda, Edwards). Of course they're still holding out hope for Nakobe Dean, even though it's clear to level-headed people (of which aggy lacks) that it's a Georgia-Bama battle. Anyway, barring a meltdown and several decommitments, they'll claim that Jimbo is the greatest coach of all time and that the allure of aggy cannot be beaten by the weak sips on the trail.

11 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Oh....there's gonna be plenty of tears....this is a given.

Man, Higgs boson is pure aggy.   I think aggy is just weird, though I have hate for OU.  BUT...  how can aggy "kill off OU" or " do nothing to help them survive"?   A team that's been around for >120 years with 7 titles and another 10 unclaimed titles, and 47 conference titles?   

Yeah I had to google all that, and fuck OU, but for aggy to wonder how a mortal can nonchalantly kill off a blue-blood is so fucking aggy.  

Like I told my daughter when she was looking at schools, "I would like to see you at UT, but OU is off the table because fuck them, and aggy would be too weird to let you back in the family.  Choose wisely."  

16 hours ago, Scholz said:

Their roller coaster has now landed on the moon.

Next up, L2.

The Earth-Moon L2 point is about 33,000 miles beyond the far side of the Moon. Adding this to the average distance from the Earth to the Moon of about 239,000 miles gives a total distance of about 272,000 miles from Earth to the Earth-Moon Lagrange L2 point.

• Like 1